Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 08:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL - Which existing Hasbro figure would you like to see repacked in TBS  (Read 1437 times)

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile

I read an interesting article this week, as I'm sure most of you have as well.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12972

It appears some TVC figures will get repacked in The Black Series.  This got me thinking of what figures from past lines I'd like to see repacked in a modern collector line, either with improved paint or as it appeared in its original line.

Here's what a came up with pretty quickly:

- TVC Gamorrean Guard: No brainer.  Everyone wants multiples.

- TVC Royal Guard: Again, everyone loves this iconic red imperial. We all want at least 3.

- TLC R5-K6 (From Scamble on Yavin BP): A lot of people missed out on this guy due to the scarcity of the BP. With the release of the Biggs X-Wing and a Biggs figure, it would make sense to repack this droid and kill the outlandish prices he's going for.

- TLC Tarados Gon: With the current Geonosis packs on shelf, many of us still haven't found this guy. His entire wave was a total disaster to find. Why not throw him in the mix instead of another Clone Pilot?

- TLC HK-47: Again, no brainer. Everyone and their brother loves this droid. Many of us didn't complete it or can't afford the current markup on it.

- TLC Ugnaught II: Hard to find figure from a repack wave.  Although not my first choice, who doesn't need another tiny grey pig?

- Darth Revan: Can we finally burst the outlandish eBay prices on this one already and get him to everyone who didn't get him in 2007/08?

What do you guys think? What figures would you like to see repacked if ever TBS was to include repacks from other lines?

"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

In accordance with the rumour, so sticking to TVC I would like:

Emperor's Royal Guard

And that's about it.

I got my fill of everything else.

I see they are scratching their heads at Dack Raltar at Jedi Temple Archives but he's a hot secondary market figure actually so maybe someone at Hasbro (or the person who started the rumour if it is a rumour) noticed this.

There's a also some demand for the Echo Base Soldier so he'd be one to add too.

After that, sure, EU stuff, like Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma?

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile

I read the article and saw Bastilla was going to be repacked.... maybe. I would like to see her and:

Starkiller
Han (Bespin)- the nicest looking Han figure I have seen (no skinny waist or arms)
Carbon Frozen Jar Jar
Royal Guard - but maybe they can put Kir Kanos' head on it

I would love to see a battle pack with the Knights of the Old Republic:
Bastilla, Revan, Malak, HK-47, Nihilus, HK-50, and then a T3-M4 (or use mold for Aayla and Chewie for Mission and Zallbar) and a Sith Eye from Darth Maul for G0-T0

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I would like them to just glue that helmet to Kir's head! I'm really not into the removable helmets and all those removable armour bits…kind of useless for my purposes and potentially lost.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I think that the army builder characters would be the best idea to carry forward into the black series.  Most of them were hard to find and at their current aftermarket prices they pretty much impossible for the average collector to afford to build up an army.

VC05 AT AT Commander (running change mutiple head sculpts)
VC18 Magnagaurd
VC21 Gam gaurd
VC68 Rebel Soldier (" " " " ")
VC94 Imperial Navy Commander (" " " " ")
VC105 ERG
VC113 Republic Trooper

All of those characters could/should be released as 4-packs in either battlepack, internet exclusive or mail-away form.

As for other characters from the TVC the ones I'd like to see again(or for the first time on Canadian shelves in some cases) are Tarkin, Starkiller, Lumat, Fi-Ek Sirch, Ponda, and R5-D4.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

A lot of these have been mentioned already, but here's my list.

"Main" Characters that would be popular (though I don't really need them myself):
TBS Mara Jade with a completely new, non-fugly head sculpt; they don't even need to re-number her, just call it a running change
VC12 Darth Sidious
VC17 General Grievous
VC47 General Lando Calrissian
BD17 Slave Leia (with sitting position included this time)

Army Builders / more obscure characters that I & many others would want:
VC18 Magnaguard
VC21 Gamorrean Guard
VC68 Hoth Rebel Soldier
VC105 Emperor's Royal Guard - non-removable helmet and without Lemmet Tauk's extra accessories (saves Hasbro money too)
VC113 Republic Trooper (TOR) - maybe with a more generic head sculpt and different weapons
pretty much any Ewok from TSC thru to TVC
TLC Jawa with TVC Power Droid
(I'd list some comic pack figures, but I just don't see those ever being re-released, especially with the demise of the "old EU")

Repack to be reserved for Vintage cardbacks:
Blue Snaggletooth (repaint from the target 3pk)

BONUS: New Mailaway idea (or online exclusive):
VC66 Salacious Crumb & VC67 Mouse Droid in a special boxed 2pk (similar to that 4-LOM/Zuckuss convention set). It would be a nice way for Hasbro to make it up to collectors who got screwed out of not having a "complete" TVC run. Especially since they have already admitted that they made a mistake by number those releases.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

BONUS: New Mailaway idea (or online exclusive):
VC66 Salacious Crumb & VC67 Mouse Droid in a special boxed 2pk (similar to that 4-LOM/Zuckuss convention set). It would be a nice way for Hasbro to make it up to collectors who got screwed out of not having a "complete" TVC run. Especially since they have already admitted that they made a mistake by number those releases.

That is a great idea!  They just need to try to be a little more accurate as to how many they produce.  I feel lucky because I was able to get the 4-LOM/Zuckuss set from Winners but it should have never been produced in numbers that required the set to be dumped off to a discount retailer.  I was quite surprised to find that set there since it is the only way to get 4-LOM carded... umm, I mean Zuckuss, you know the alien not the robot!

I like your idea about the Jawa too I just hope that if/when the TVC ever returns they re-pack certain Black Series figures to give them a proper vintage card.  Vizam, Pablo, Luminara and Luke (to even out yavin Han) are my candiates for what's been release so far and ReeYees, Sgt. Doalyn, Toryn and Yak Face from what's rumoured/confirmed to come.  The Jawa, Dooku, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin along with any other un-released Kenner vintage charcters are my candidates for re-release on TVC card but that is a topic for another thread.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 37 queries.