Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 993 times)

Northblade

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Hysteria
Hello All
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »

Wow, so many gif's to choose from....

Hello all, just found this site today when I realized I was woefully short of Star Wars links in my favourites at work, so started searching for what i tend to spend a lot of time on..... Star Wars and collecting Action Figures/Comics/Books/Games....

Happy to have found a Canadian site and looking forward to what I can learn from all aboard.

Myself, I am 38 and have been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember.  Yes I still have many of the original Kenner figs, opened and well-loved, in my home.  My very tolerant and patient wife allows me to keep collecting and getting excited about Star Wars stuff even as our house fills with new black series figures and as much Lego Star Wars as I can get my hands on.

Not sure what else to tell you, have been really fortunate to get all of the 3.75" Black Series 3rd wave this week, waiting to crack open Plagueis and see if he's as cool as I think he will be.  Loving the Vintage line/Black Series in both sizes, have tons of figures all over the house!

May all your Blades be sharp,
Northblade

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

Hello Northblade and welcome to snowtroopers.  Always great to see new members join.  You should be able to find help on here with information and scout reports on new product hitting the shelves in Canada.  After you've made 10 posts (i think it's 10...) you will have access to the provincial reports that are more localized. There are also great trading and selling members on here that might be able to help you fill any holes you may have in your collection.

Are you only a loose collector or do you keep anything packaged/carded?  Did you only get back into collecting with the Vintage Collection or does your modern collection go further back?  Do you have any specific characters, scenes or episodes that you tend to focus on or are you more of a one-of-everything collector?

Once again welcome to snowtroopers :u:

:snowtroopers:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »

Welcome to the boards Northblade.  Always good to have a new face around.  Things haven't been as active around here as of late, due to the lack of product.  But as we move closer to Rebels, and Episode 7,  things will really start to heat up!   :party0053:

Northblade

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Hysteria
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »

Are you only a loose collector or do you keep anything packaged/carded?  Did you only get back into collecting with the Vintage Collection or does your modern collection go further back?  Do you have any specific characters, scenes or episodes that you tend to focus on or are you more of a one-of-everything collector?

Once again welcome to snowtroopers :u:

:snowtroopers:

Thank you very much!!

I am mostly a loose collector, I have always liked taking the figs out and posing them, putting weapons in their hands and lining them up in groups or having them displayed about the house or desk.  I have some carded stuff, in fact a lot right now as I seem to be buying and not opening at the rate I used to, so I have a few things carded still, and a few things I bought two of for various reasons.  Most of it will be opened to play with though, and a lot of it I hope to share and pass on to my daughter one day.  She's known and liked "Deetoo-Deetoo" since she could talk, so i think I have been doing okay in sharing my love with her, even though she is too young still for any of the cartoons or movies.   :artoo:

I have a collection that goes back all the way, any time there was a new release of Star Wars toys I bought into it and grabbed as many as I could.  I remember and still have Beefcake Luke, stood in line for the Ep I toys release at midnight at a local Ontario TRU, and have been collecting the whole way.  My love is the Jedi order, so I buy almost any and all of those I can get my hand on as I do love me some space-Paladins.  :)  I bought some of the Sideshow 12" figures that are still MIB as I just don't have the right display for them yet, I have ships and figures all over, and have sought out everything I could get my hands on that features Luke or Obi-Wan, my favourite two Jedi.

Just last week I managed to score the complete 3.75" Black Series Wave 3 figures, and am looking forward to cracking open the Plagueis figure, possibly this weekend.

Northblade

Northblade

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Hysteria
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »

Welcome to the boards Northblade.  Always good to have a new face around.  Things haven't been as active around here as of late, due to the lack of product.  But as we move closer to Rebels, and Episode 7,  things will really start to heat up!   :party0053:

Thanks Darth!

I get that it has been slow, however I find it's a good time to reach out and maybe fill some holes in a collection, do a little saving for new stuff (Rebels, Ep VII - IX) or just make some new collector friends and help folks out if they are looking for anything.

I'm looking forward to new figures and collectibles from Rebels and new episodes, however my wallet fears the spending.  I mean it's still a agood time to be a Star Wars fan, and a collector, IMO.

Northblade

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »

Welcome aboard, Northblade!  Maybe I missed it, but where are you from?

Northblade

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Hysteria
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

Welcome aboard, Northblade!  Maybe I missed it, but where are you from?

Thank you sir!

I am from Toronto, ON.  Not sure if I posted that or not, but yeah an Ontario farm boy raised and sent off into the depravity of the GTA.

Northblade
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169121
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 56
Total: 57

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 38 queries.