Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:32:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hey everyone  (Read 798 times)

Canucktrooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
hey everyone
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:53 AM »

Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this forum and its great to see other Canadian Star Wars Collecting enthusiasts. I'm from Vancouver and currently studying engineering. Besides my ever expanding love for Star Wars and collecting, I'm a loyal Canucks fan haha. Personally, my heart is set with the OT but I am nevertheless ecstatic for episode VII in 2015. Anyways, I hope to meet you all in the forums.

Cheers :u: and MTFBWY.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »

Welcome, form one coast of Canada (Nova Scotia) to the other!  Good to have you on the boards.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:28:40 PM »

Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca I'm in Ontario but you'll find lots of friendly and helpful members from out west to help with your collection through information about scout reports or trades and sales.  How long have you been collecting?  Are you a carded, loose or both collector?  Modern and/or Vintage?  Always good to see new faces around here.

:snowtroopers:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Canucktrooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 05:16:13 AM »

@Thirdfloor,
I've been collecting around 2010 I believe. I saw a saga legends darth vader at my local comic store and picked it up since I've never noticed a Vader figure at retail stores around me. From then on the hobby just took off. I think it was around that time when the vintage collection took off as well, so that just added fuel to the fire. I mostly open my figures but I have 2 carded vintage collection ones that I like to hang behind the opened figures on my cabinet (just to give the collection a mint feel). Because of budget issues, I only wanted to collect the main characters of all 6 films and the variations of each. My collection is very saga-centric and I'm not much of an EU fan or fan of characters from video games (though I'm not unfamiliar with them). And even now, I'm leaving the prequel side of my collection alone and focusing heavily on building up the OT side. For me personally, I think OT is my comfort zone. But when Episode VII figures come out, I'm gonna have to make room for a whole new section and I'm very excited about it. I'm also looking forward to start a 6" collection but distribution in Vancouver is pretty bad unless you go to comic stores and even then its not great and prices on those are steep. I'm always on the lookout to nab the important characters, and they are usually the ones in highest demand. Anyways, that is basically my collecting experiences and thoughts in a nutshell.

:explosion:  Cheers  :explosion:

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

There were 2 versions of Vader released during that legends line, which did you get?  Removable helmet version or non-removable?
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Canucktrooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:32:41 AM »

@Thirdfloor, its the Vader with the 2 piece removable helmet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 29
Total: 30

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 38 queries.