Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visionaries - Galadria  (Read 993 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Visionaries - Galadria
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »

Hey everyone!

For quite some time I've been poundering on the idea to create a custom figure from a TV Show and toy line I really liked when I was young. Visionaries has been a very great TV show with very cool characters and a great concept (the Age of Science falls on Prysmos after its three suns aligned, thus bringing back the Age of Magic full of knights in armor).

All the heroes and villains from the show had their figure made in plastic by Hasbro. All but two: the two female characters, the evil and treacherous Virulina and the cute blonde Galadria. Yes, obviously being toys for boys, Hasbro didn't think it was a good idea to make action figures of the female characters. How stupid. I played with my SW Leias quite often being a kid, so I couldn't get how come they decided not to give them to us...

So I decided to take matters in my own hands... a few decades later.

I've done this using Sculpey III. The material is not that bad to work with, except it tends to stick after some time in your warm hands. But it cures in roughly 10-15 minutes in the oven, so quite fast. After, you can cut or sand the parts without them breaking too much.

So here's what I did. The result is not so bad for my first trial. I've spent more than 4 hres playing with this. Still have some parts left to do (the other arm and leg, as well as the head). I'm thinking of making molds to then cast them in resin. But still not sure what to do.

Visionaries - Custom Galadria

Next one will be Virulina, if I end up doing not so bad with Galadria. We'll see...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
Re: Visionaries - Galadria
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »

I see Jedi Patrick is spending his spring break locked away in his basement on another toy quest!

Looks good! I remember I had one or two toys of this series when I was a kid.

Keep up the good work!
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »

I see Jedi Patrick is spending his spring break locked away in his basement on another toy quest!

Looks good! I remember I had one or two toys of this series when I was a kid.

Keep up the good work!

Hahaha! Yeah! I mean, it's my birthday, so my inlaws gave me a birthday present by taking our two little ones today, so I had much free time and I told myself: why not? After a huge dragon head for the scouts last year, here i am trying to build an action figure from scratch! LOL  :tongue0024:

I'm still not sure if I should take the sculpey pieces I've made to build molds and cast the figue in resin. I might try it if I have insurance it's not gone destroy a full day of work...  :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »

Some more pictures, this time with her head and hair...  :)

Frank Herbert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170177
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 22
Total: 25

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.