Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 12:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMAZING "DUD" SPIDEY 2  (Read 2073 times)

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
AMAZING "DUD" SPIDEY 2
« on: May 04, 2014, 07:15:40 AM »

...WOW...was this a BAD BAD BAD MOVIE...nuff said !...ohhh it hurt to waTch .. :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: AMAZING "DUD" SPIDEY 2
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

Worse than Spider-Man 3 with Toby Maguire? I'm not even sure that's possible..... likely going to see ASM2 this weekend & will chime in then....

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

A friend of mine said you saw all the action in the trailers and if you didn't like the first one much you probably won't like this one at all. He also said it was a mixed bag of silly and dark and didn't seem to know what it was doing. I'm going to wait to watch it later as a rental. X-men though…I'm there opening night!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »

That's too bad.  I like Spider-man, and will probably watch this, but I think I'll wait and see it on Blu-ray or PPV on my own big screen with the kids rather than shelling out $100 to take the whole family to see it at the theatre... :mad0137:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

I went to see it last week. A waste of the $0 I paid for the free movie pass, but it was expiring so had to use it on something. I should have known better, with those 2 pathetic excuses for screenwriters Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman attached to the film. They are responsible for such clunkers as The Legend of Zorro, The Island, Transformers, Transformers 2, Mission Impossible III, and the new Star Trek movies. But what can you expect when their start into screenwriting was those cheesy Hercules, Xena and Jack of all Trades TV shows? I suppose it's kind of unfair to blame the director for a terrible film (Michael Bay for Transformers, JJ Abrams for Star Trek, and now Marc Webb for TASM), when there's only so much they can do if the script has no plot, terrible characterizations, and bad dialogue. I can't understand how these guys keep getting jobs in Hollywood. They must have a stack of compromising photos saved up somewhere.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »

I can't understand how these guys keep getting jobs in Hollywood. They must have a stack of compromising photos saved up somewhere.

Creativity by committee.

That and honestly it is hard to make a good film, probably even harder to make a good action film in this day of screen to screen entertainment and action and video games.

Not only this but I'm sure they've crunched the numbers too and they know certain films don't need to be good to make money through all the other revenue streams associated with the property.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

I went to see it last week. A waste of the $0 I paid for the free movie pass, but it was expiring so had to use it on something. I should have known better, with those 2 pathetic excuses for screenwriters Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman attached to the film. They are responsible for such clunkers as The Legend of Zorro, The Island, Transformers, Transformers 2, Mission Impossible III, and the new Star Trek movies. But what can you expect when their start into screenwriting was those cheesy Hercules, Xena and Jack of all Trades TV shows? I suppose it's kind of unfair to blame the director for a terrible film (Michael Bay for Transformers, JJ Abrams for Star Trek, and now Marc Webb for TASM), when there's only so much they can do if the script has no plot, terrible characterizations, and bad dialogue. I can't understand how these guys keep getting jobs in Hollywood. They must have a stack of compromising photos saved up somewhere.
I actually thought the two Star Trek movies were pretty good.  I didn't mind the first transformers (in part).  The rest were quite lame.  Overall, I agree with the sentiment, though

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »

I also enjoyed the new Trek movies. They were really good. Not the same as classic TV Trek (and I really miss Trek in the episodic television format), but as films I really enjoyed them.

And I also really liked the old Hercules and Xena shows. Uber-cheesy, as in as cheesy as it can get. But that's why I liked them! I used to have Herc on while procrastinating on homework in University. :) There's nostalgia for you.

I have yet to see Spidey 2, but am trying to see either it or Godzilla this week.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »

I was also a Herc and Xena fan, there was a lot of silly stuff in it, but the stories were mostly entertaining. Sometimes I'm just looking for mindless (but emotional) fluff and keep my brain "off" to unwind :)

Now regarding Orci & Alex Kurtzman, it's acknowledged they are fairly controversial figures... some people outright loathe them, others don't really care about them at all (I've yet to see anyone on the forums saying they LOVE these guys).  While I can see the various flaws in the two nuTrek films, and there are many, at the end of the day I still found that I enjoyed the overall stories they told.  Contrast that to all of the TNG films except First Contact and ughhhh, I'd rather have more of the nuTrek films - despite being a far bigger fan of the TNG universe. 

Orci and Kurtzman keep getting work in Hollywood because they are willing to work with others, namely studio execs who probably step in and offer up "notes" that alter their original stories. One thing to remember is that rarely does any writer get to see his vision alone totally executed in the final product, they have to incorporate a ton of notes from non-writer types that can wind up ruining their vision. I'm almost sure that's why the first GI Joe movie sucked so badly...  so long as the two of them don't throw a tantrum against execs and cooperate with their masters, they'll always be given more work to do.  It's just how Hollywood works...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »

I really enjoyed it. Not perfect, but certainly not a DUD. I thought it was a nice mix of humour and action and drama. Electro is not my favourite Spidey villain, but I thought he was handled decently. Didn't really care for the casting for Harry Osborn, that may be the weakest point, but I quite enjoyed the movie overall.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »

I really enjoyed it. Not perfect, but certainly not a DUD. I thought it was a nice mix of humour and action and drama. Electro is not my favourite Spidey villain, but I thought he was handled decently. Didn't really care for the casting for Harry Osborn, that may be the weakest point, but I quite enjoyed the movie overall.
I liked it too.  WAY better than the first one.  Harry was weak I agree - but creepy!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 12:24:52 AM »

I liked it too.  WAY better than the first one.  Harry was weak I agree - but creepy!
Yeah, he was creepy. But he kinda seemed too creepy right from the start. I never really believed him as Peter's best friend, which is what he is supposed to be.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »

It's a bit long, but this article pretty much says what I think is wrong with these latest Spidey films:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SauronsBANE1/news/?a=100868

There are individual aspects that I enjoyed, it's just the overall outcome that I think falls flat. That is, for me at least. I guess it's just the way I go into these things. Probably the same reason I didn't really like the 2009 Star Trek film either (I never bothered with the 2nd one). They're all fine as fun, action films I guess, they just don't always seem to fit in to the franchise they are supposed to be a part of.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »

All the blockbusters are disposable, complete with disposable action figure, food & whatever else tie-ins. They're designed to grab money NOW while the property is hot, then fade into the past like they never happened. I guess really Star Wars was likely meant to be the same, but we kinda latched onto it a little bit more than they had seen before.  :mad0218:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »

It's a bit long, but this article pretty much says what I think is wrong with these latest Spidey films:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SauronsBANE1/news/?a=100868

There are individual aspects that I enjoyed, it's just the overall outcome that I think falls flat. That is, for me at least. I guess it's just the way I go into these things. Probably the same reason I didn't really like the 2009 Star Trek film either (I never bothered with the 2nd one). They're all fine as fun, action films I guess, they just don't always seem to fit in to the franchise they are supposed to be a part of.

Wow, that is an intense and lengthy review! I didn't read the whole thing, waaay too much detail. Suffice to say, I can see where he's coming from but I really didn't think it was that disjointed. I agree Wedge, the way you go into a film makes a huge difference in how a person will enjoy a film. Which is why I totally get why some folks really don't like the new Trek films. They're different.

I also find familiarity with a given franchise is a big influence. Which is why I will likely never ever be able to fully enjoy a GI Joe movie. GI Joe is the number 2 franchise of the 80s for me behind Star Wars, and my familiarity with the comics is at a level that I end up picking apart every detail. Things that don't jive with the old comics just jump out at me. My familiarity with Spider-man, while a beloved franchise and character for me, is a lot less. Perhaps that makes my expectations different as well.

Anyway, in the spirit of jj's last comment, I now move on and am hoping to get to Godzilla before it leaves theatres... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170175
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 22
Total: 24

Page created in 1.225 seconds with 38 queries.