Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 08:36:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: And the topic of the day is: Episode VII SPOILERS **NOW WITH EXTRA SPOILERS**  (Read 12091 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

Leia's reaction was different than I was expecting too -

Me too - you would think that someone who loved Han, save the Universe with Han, gave birth to one or 2 kids with him and gave him a medal would maybe shed tear.   But I guess you would need a good script , a director that knew something about the characters and any other company than Disney to get that.    Another reason why I am down grading it to a 6 out of 10.  At least  jjreason and I are now seeing eye to eye on what a piece of junk this movie is.

I am going for second viewing tomorrow with my family.   I did not get popcorn the first time I saw it, maybe I need popcorn to enjoy the movie.    Maybe Disney is putting a drug in the popcorn and that is the reason why Napseeker and I are the only ones who are disappointed in the movie . He and I stayed away from the popcorn.  :cool0037:
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

If I recall correctly, he was so infuriated by the popcorn at his viewing that he wanted to make someone disappear a la The Sopranos.... you might be on to something....

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Me too - you would think that someone who loved Han, save the Universe with Han, gave birth to one or 2 kids with him and gave him a medal would maybe shed tear.

Maybe it's not all Disney or the director's fault.  Maybe the last tune-up at Dr.'s before filming tightened up the tear ducts too much!   :'(  :shakehead:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Yeah, pretty noticeable for sure. The corners of no one's mouth should/have looked like that since the history of forever.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Since I loved the movie, it was hard for me to go to a Christmas party last night and listen to all the nit-picking. Here are some of the highlights and my thoughts from the conversation:

1. Mary Sue. If you don't know what that means, it's the idea that a female character is absolutely perfect. I heard this and saw it on Twitter. Rey is not perfect. She's idealistic, she refused to accept her fate. She gave into anger. Yes she is a great character, but she has some flaws. Too many people were - Oh she's too perfect. Fixes the Falcon, pilots, shoot perfect, doesn't have training in the force and can defeat a sith. But what if she is the balance. We see how when she gives into the force, she is quite powerful. This leads to...

2. How does Rey beat Kylo? Um, he's shot, he's bleeding. He is not in balance with the Force. The light pulls to him, the opposite of his grandfather where the dark pulled at him. I like the idea that giving ones self to the Force gives you strength.

3. How come the bottom of the Falcon wasn't all destroyed with all the banging it took. Ummm deflector shields.

4. Phasma was lame. Actually yes she was. Too much hype, not much else. Saw two 6 inchers on the shelf today. Guessing people are returning them.

5. Han's death was lame. OK, I can't disagree more. Kylo asked his dad for help and Han agree. So Kylo kills him. Ultimate betrayal. Patricide. I think those two would great help for Kylo to finally put out the light.

6. BB8 is lame. Actually BB8 is what Jar Jar SHOULD have been. He was funny, moved the movie along, had his cute moments and those moments of action. That's BB8, not Jar Jar. Had they played Jar Jar like that, maybe he would not be the most... Oh who am I kidding, he sucked. Jar Jar, not BB8

7. Who was Max Von Sydow - Lor San Tekka. His name showed up for me the first time in the Jakku Spy part of the Star Wars App. They refer to him as an old smuggler or something (App keeps crashing). Thought it was a nice way to start the movie, lots of questions from his and Ren's dialogue.

Things I loved:

1. The characters. All of them. They were fresh and the old characters even had some new aspects to them.
2. The dialogue. I didn't find a moment where I felt like yelling- STFU like I did in Ep. 3 Anakin - His fate will be the same as our. No inflection, no tone. Dead.
3. The homages. Yes I know there are lots of homages in the movie. The Death Star, the trench, the shooting. But you know what, I loved them. They made me feel a connection was there, like looking at a photograph of your kids and seeing yourself in one when you were their age.
4. Maz. Who didn't want to hug her. She had a total gramma vibe that you just liked.

Excellent analysis!! Exactly how I feel!

More on Han's fate. For me, for numerous reasons explained before, Han HAD to die in this first movie. And his fate is as cruel as it is made in vain. But a parent should be the first one to try to reason his kid. Not the last one, after a Jedi Master (Luke), a Jedi pupil (Rey) and an army (the Resistance) tried to reason with the monstrous killer he became. Having Han trying to get his son back... or kill him... was the least he can do. Else, he would have been called a coward for not being in the first row in the next two movies. Harrison Ford almost stole the show in this first movie: can you imagine what it would have been if he still lived in the next two movies? It would have become Han Solo's Star Wars Trilogy. And that's honestly not what I want.

And last, quick questions:
1. Did Rey cut off Kylo's hand?
2. Will we find out that Snoke is smaller that Yoda?
3. 3P0's arm - there was supposed to be a comic released before the movie to explain this, but I haven't seen it.
4. We see Leia feel Han's death in the movie. Will we see her wielding a saber in 8 or 9?

Answers:
1. No. Rey cut off his lightsaber hilt.

2. Doubt it, Maz Kanata is the "new Yoda" for this trilogy. At least according to my wife and kids. :-)

3. Yes, the comic book is supposed to be released in January I think. But then again, I ask you: why is 3PO right lower leg silver in E4 while all the rest of his body is gold? Oh, ok, we're not allowed to ask questions about those "mysteries" we found in E4-E5-E6, but we can about those in E7? I think people need to get it at this point: 3PO has probably been destroyed and rebuilt 10 times over the course of the last 30 years. The Hell, he lost limbs at least 4 times in the course of the 3 years of the OT!!! The red arm is just a message JJ told us: don't overthink too much about these futile details. These are part of life. LOL :D

4. No. I don't think it will happen. My guess is that Leia is partly responsible for Ben's problems. That and probably the fact that Han Solo tried to prevent his training to become a Jedi. That would explain why Kylo is so resentful to his father. He is flawed and he probably put the blame to his father who didn't want him to study the ways of the Force? Anyway, I doubt Leia is a Jedi. She tells Han that after their separation, she went back to what she did best: politics and leading wars. Not being trained as a Jedi. anyway, she is too old to be trained as a Jedi. I'm sure Yoda would totally disagree.

More questions:

1) Will Luke still see Obi-Wan and Yoda's ghosts? Will he still be able to seek counsel from them, like he used to do in his younger years?
2) More importantly: Will Luke see and have conversations with his father Anakin Skywalker's ghost? If so, what would Anakin say about his grandson doing what he's doing?
3) Is Maz Kanata strong in the Force? Without having to be a Jedi, that is?
4) Why is Kylo Ren (Ben) so pissed of about his father? Why is he never talking about his mother Leia? He's not pissed of at her?
5) Why does Kylo Ren and Snokes want to kill Luke Skywalker? Why this specific individual? What can Luke do against them?
6) What is the link between Lor San Tekka, Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo?
7) Why do people still want to see Boba Fett in this movie he has no place in? (Reference: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3690499)
8) And what do we have to wait another 1-1/2 year before E8? ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:58:57 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I think it would have been more interesting for Leia to die while Ben was trying to save her...now where did I see something like that before...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

You may see that yet.....

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I have to say, this is the best forum to discuss the new movie. No trolls... just fans.

Everywhere else seems to be filled with negativity (and some poor fans defending the movie). I was just looking at the IMDB forums (bad idea btw) and there are so many people claiming to be "fans" just bashing this movie. They seem to reiterate the same garbage arguments.

Seeing that on sites like that and others leaves me thinking...Is it just me? I loved it, just saw it again last night. I loved everything, including the flaws (whats Star Wars without flaws, thats what Retcons are for).

But I come here and I see people with genuine love for Star Wars. It's nice to see a healthy community on the internet still.
CC1138

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

I have to admit I absolutely LOVED the movie.  The main thing for me was that it felt like an OT Star Wars movie.  Sure it can be argued that it is a New Hope 2.0.  But really does it matter?  For me I was thoroughly entertained and riveted to the screen while watching.  I understand where it has its weaknesses but could honestly care less.  For just over 2 hours, I was back experiencing the world that I fell in love with as a child.  No other movie has brought back those emotions to that degree since ROTJ.  I look forward to what the future of Star Wars will bring!!! :) 

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I have to admit I absolutely LOVED the movie.  The main thing for me was that it felt like an OT Star Wars movie.  Sure it can be argued that it is a New Hope 2.0.  But really does it matter?  For me I was thoroughly entertained and riveted to the screen while watching.  I understand where it has its weaknesses but could honestly care less.  For just over 2 hours, I was back experiencing the world that I fell in love with as a child.  No other movie has brought back those emotions to that degree since ROTJ.  I look forward to what the future of Star Wars will bring!!! :) 

Fully agree, its a bright future for Star Wars!
CC1138

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

For me I was thoroughly entertained and riveted to the screen while watching.  I understand where it has its weaknesses but could honestly care less. 

100 percent this.

I've been very pleased with the discussion here too - no one is really trying to change anyone's mind - you can defend or attack without fear of it degrading into name calling - except for CJ of course, have to watch your back around that guy.  :mad0177:  :tongue0024:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

For me I was thoroughly entertained and riveted to the screen while watching.  I understand where it has its weaknesses but could honestly care less. 

100 percent this.

I've been very pleased with the discussion here too - no one is really trying to change anyone's mind - you can defend or attack without fear of it degrading into name calling - except for CJ of course, have to watch your back around that guy.  :mad0177:  :tongue0024:

At 7:15 pm tonight, I will see it again.  I will eat the popcorn and buy what ever LORD DISNEY wants me to at the theatre.   I will set aside my disappointment with the Han scene and judge the movie again.   It is at a 6 out of 10 right now for me.   I found Clone Commander1138 comments about the outside world on the internet interesting because the reason I was writing down all the people who were disappointed in the movie were so they did not feel alone on this site.   It's hard being the only one who did not fall asleep and have the pod take over your body and make you a slave to the DISNEY EMPIRE.   I was really happy when I read white elephants comments because after that I knew nap seeker and I were not the only ones.   I know jjreason knows I am just having fun and respect everyone's opinion even how misguided as they are.   I am hoping to set all problems I have with the movie to the side tonight and just enjoy the playground the we all love and know as Star Wars.   :artoo:

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

Are you saying we are slaves to the Disney Empire?

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Well, there's a lot worse to be slaves under... :P

At 7:15 pm tonight, I will see it again.  I will eat the popcorn and buy what ever LORD DISNEY wants me to at the theatre.   I will set aside my disappointment with the Han scene and judge the movie again.   It is at a 6 out of 10 right now for me.   I found Clone Commander1138 comments about the outside world on the internet interesting because the reason I was writing down all the people who were disappointed in the movie were so they did not feel alone on this site.   It's hard being the only one who did not fall asleep and have the pod take over your body and make you a slave to the DISNEY EMPIRE.   I was really happy when I read white elephants comments because after that I knew nap seeker and I were not the only ones.   I know jjreason knows I am just having fun and respect everyone's opinion even how misguided as they are.   I am hoping to set all problems I have with the movie to the side tonight and just enjoy the playground the we all love and know as Star Wars.   :artoo:

And yeah, I totally understand the points (both good and bad) that have been raised, and like I said, this has been a good place to discuss the movie. There's no reason we can't discuss things, and I hope that no one feels alone here.

Enjoy the movie tonight, I caught a bunch of things I didn't see the first time around.
CC1138

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Not at all.  I am saying that in this wonderful world of Star Wars there are Stormtroopers and Rebels.  In the real world there are people who like the movie (Stormtroopers) and people who don't (Rebels).  And just like Finn - you have a choice to change sides once you realize how wrong the Disney Empire is.   :u:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 53
Total: 54

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 38 queries.