Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 07:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: And the topic of the day is: Episode VII SPOILERS **NOW WITH EXTRA SPOILERS**  (Read 13909 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile

Yet you speak like a Sith! I think you have been corrupted by the dark side!  :star-wars-smiley-026:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

One small thing I did like about the film that I want to highlight - Kylo Ren's lightsaber. Remember everyone poking fun about it when the first teaser trailer was released? People were saying how it would cut off his own hand, etc. and was an impractical and unwieldy design. I always liked it, and thought it worked rather well in the film. The crossguard even came into effect in the short duel with Finn.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I liked the look of the new lasers & his blade. Both were interesting changes, visually, from what we're used to.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

So I saw it again.  I ate the popcorn - all of it.  It was very very good popcorn .  By the end of the night - I found myself wishing random people that they would have a "magical day".
I also bought the Star Wars cup with BB8 top.  I would have got the 3D glasses but they had no more Kylo Ren Glasses only Stormtrooper.   

My family loved the film.   I was surprised on second viewing I enjoyed watching the film. 

I think what nap seeker is saying about the non-happy ending for core group hero, Han's Death scene and the fact there is nothing really new in the film visually other than Kylo Ren's Lightsaber for us to see deduct 3 points and I give it a 7 out of 10.   I like all the other Star Wars movies better and I wish we knew what George wanted us to see.  I would love to get his ideas written into a book for us to see his vision.   But in the end I can say I don't hate the movie but it just is not the story that I wanted to see on the screen.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Totally fair. I will head back tomorrow for my second viewing & dose of Disney brainwashing. If the name of the site somehow is switched to Mousetroopers in around 24hrs you know it's working.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

you guys are hilarious!

I plan to watch it again next week, but may go solo (although my wife enjoyed the movie she thinks it is bizarre to watch it a second time).

I would love to see an extended version of this with the scrapped parts.

It would also be intriguing to see what Lucas would've done, even if it was a graphic novel.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Totally fair. I will head back tomorrow for my second viewing & dose of Disney brainwashing. If the name of the site somehow is switched to Mousetroopers in around 24hrs you know it's working.

Where you seeing it?   What time?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

My plan is to take the daughter to the 1230 imax, in Kitchener near Chapters as I need something for the boss errr I mean wife from there.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

They did set an interesting precedent with that "The Star Wars" series from last year. That was Dark Horse however & with Marvel back in control I don't know if they'll do anything  like a "what if" project any time soon. I would love to see what Lucas had planned as well, even just a rough breakdown of his ideas that they didn't use.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile

I think it may have been mentioned in Aftermath. I also thought it was Coruscant to begin with, but then read a few things on Twitter as well as being told by a friend that it was Hosnian Prime. My feeling is that since casual fans wouldn't be all that familiar with Coruscant, it wouldn't be necessary to clarify which planet it was, and simply the presence of the Republic motif (if I recall correctly) on the various senators' clothing, would indicate that it was the seat of the Republic.
In Aftermath, I think it was Chandrila that was the republic capital.  However, based on the write-up on wookieepedia, which seems to come from the novelization and the visual dictionary, the planetary center of the republic has rotated, based on a vote, since the inception of the New Republic.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile

I'm hoping to go for round 3 tomorrow. 

For those who have seen it more than once, was there anyone who liked it LESS the second time around?  So far, I have universally seen the opinion that people liked it better the second time, which was certainly the case for me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I've been slow going back, but I'm off for #2 tomorrow. I expect I'll like it even more now that the discomfort of not knowing what was going to happen is out of the way - from here on in it's focusing on dialogue & treasure hunting for easter eggs & background characters.

Oh, and regarding Aftermath - apparently the other recognizable X-Wing pilot (huskier dude with the black beard) is named Snap Wexley - maybe that's Temmin or another relative....

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

I'm hoping to go for round 3 tomorrow. 

For those who have seen it more than once, was there anyone who liked it LESS the second time around?  So far, I have universally seen the opinion that people liked it better the second time, which was certainly the case for me.

Well the popcorn has started wearing off and now I think it is a 4 out 10.   :sw2:  :shakehead: :party0053:
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Bah Humbug???

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile

I finally got to see this movie with my kids tonight and we all loved it.  My one gripe, that's already been mentioned is the lack of grieving time given to Chewbacca.  I think Rey and Leia hugging when they got back was fine, but then Chewie should have come down the ramp and Leia turned and embraced him.  He got about 5 seconds of Wookie crying screen time and it then jumps to R2 waking up from his self induced coma to announce to everyone he did have the rest of the map they needed (which in itself was a bit confusing to me why no one knew where the end of the map led without the beginning of it).

Chewie and Han have been inseperable for at least 30 years and to only give him that was a complete injustice.  I even heard a young girl behind me ask her parents if he was crying and the scene ended before they had a chance to answer.

My second problem, and it's not really a problem, more an editing preference.  The last scene of arriving at the planet Rey has had visions of (Ren says this much when mind probing her, the vast ocean, the island) and walking up the mountain to reveal Luke should have been a post credit scene, and shorter.  Less walking up the hill, less holding the lightsaber out.  Even at 2 mins, that would have been a perfect bonus to those who stayed behind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170111
  • Total Topics: 14396
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 57
Total: 59

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 38 queries.