Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: And the topic of the day is: Episode VII SPOILERS **NOW WITH EXTRA SPOILERS**  (Read 12225 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

It's there. In the flashback, the word "Rey" was excised from one of Alec Guiness' lines & the following "these are your fist steps...." was McGregor. Kinda awesome.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

Good to know I am not crazy! At least not yet.

Sam

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Well I took the family to see the movie today. We went to an older theatre, smaller screen and no incline seating. Watched it in regular (non-3D). I didn't dislike it as much as the first time - was able to enjoy it a little more as I wasn't as worried about paying attention and missing anything. There's still some things about it that bother me, and I still wish they could have worked a little more explanation in along the way. I might have possibly worked it's way up to 4th place in my list along with ROTS.

A couple observations as far as my daughters are concerned:
- they thought it was a little long. But they are 3 and 6 yrs old
- their favourite character going in was BB-8 and that didn't change
- I don't think they were able to follow much of Kylo Ren's story; it didn't help they had a hard time understanding his helmeted voice.
- Best moment was about 1/2 hour in, right after the TIE Fighter crash: my 3-yr-old says "Where's Luke?" These kids are OT purists already, I think I have successfully kept them from being turned to the Disney dark side so far.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

So, is Disney going to kill off Luke? Where does the story go with him? Perhaps Rey takes down Ben and Luke takes down Snoke. Something kind of like Obi-Wan/Anakin and Yoda/Palpatine?

Luke can't be the main hero forever and Rey does need to take the spotlight for future movies. Any thoughts?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen - Rey need's a force-ghost. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had died in the opening of EpVII much like Dooku did in ROTS - that would have freed him up to re-appear late in the final act to help. Since that's out the window, I would expect he'll fall to Kylo in the next movie.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Soooo, I am not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this but is it possible that Rey is related to Palpatine? Perhaps she turns to the dark side and Kylo goes to the light to redeem himself. Kind of an opposite situation from the original trilogy and something the new movie seemed to be leaning towards. Just a thought.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I haven't seen that anywhere else. Very interesting.

dudeman

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile

Well if you think about it Rey discovered the force through fear. Me and a bunch of my friends were talking about this for a while. We think Kylo is actucally working toward killing Snoke but needed to gain his trust first by killing his father. WHich is why he was crying when he asked Han to help him do what he couldnt...ie kill his father. Meanwhile Rey seems like a person of interest to Snoke and like I said discovered her force powers through fear/darkside which would explain how she learned so much so fast.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

On my 4th viewing I had the thought that Kylo wasn't asking Vader's "spirit" for help to be dark but for help to access the dark side in order to mask the light in him...to try to gain power and influence and be able to end Snoke too. I think it could be a very interesting twist and turn the entire "the TFA is too much like the OT" on its head since Vader was NOT aiming for this but made the decision in the spur of the moment...or at least not by design, not having any doubts really until he found out Luke was his son. At this point I could only really see Rey discovering this in the 3rd film or something but for her to go dark would be hard for me to imagine at this point but I'm open to the idea for sure!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

Another great story line by Disney.  Hey Dad I have to kill you in order for me to be good.
Oh and Dad if that does not make sense.  I have to kill you in the most lame way in order for it to be a good kill.   

By the way I think your idea of the twist is great.   I would love to see Rey kill off all the rebels and jedi, kylo etc. and become Queen of the Universe .    Sorry I mean Princess of the Universe - we are of course talking about a Disney movie.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:42:29 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Well, to be fair, this twist would be pretty dark, Kylo taking on the burden of basically ending the darkness by sacrificing both his own chance at happiness and that of his immediate family. I'm not saying I believe Disney is going this route at all, I'm just thinking that at this point it is possible, there is not much we've seen that would negate the possibility.

So I would see Kylo as believing he is doing the right thing but with methods that are highly questionable, pretty intense, desperate to the point of seeming insane but maybe he knows something no one else does. Maybe Snoke and perhaps some sort of "complete access to the dark side" might be in play here, something Kylo sees as the end to all chance of the light winning out for all time, and he comes up with a complex plan that involves throwing himself, Rey, his parents, Luke on the sacrificial pyre in order to save the bulk of lives in the galaxy. Of course, if and when Luke and Rey find out they will probably be horrified and conflicted: good intentions/insane methods...there had to be another way. To me this makes it very different from the more simplistic moral tale of the OT.

Do I want to see this? I don't know, maybe. If handled correctly it could be pretty interesting. Then again, I'm also fine with a more simple story where we find out it was Kylo who rescued Rey because at that point in his villain-arc he didn't have it in him to kill his own cousin and figured he could put her out of the way forever and achieve the same goal of having her unable to interfere with his more straightforward "rule-the-galaxy" plans. It could be as simple as Kylo wanting to be the better, perfect right hand man to Snoke in a way Vader failed at.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I would like to see the dark story as well. However, like you, I am ok if turns out to be a simpler story.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

What if this trilogy ends up being the end of the problem of the Skywalkers? So maybe Rey is not a Skywalker and the overall plot is that the Skywalkers sacrifice their "line" in order to eliminate both the light and dark force users in this galaxy leaving Rey (who may be some sort of "incorruptible Force user" to carry on a less-intense tradition? Or she is a Skywalker, she too will be sacrificed in some way and from here on Disney can do other things in that universe with the Force either playing a lesser role or none at all.

I doubt this will happen because unless they are seeing something I'm not I'm pretty sure they need both the Force and "conflict" to keep it interesting going forward. But still, maybe the Skywalker line ends, becomes myth or something, other Force users arise who aren't as strong but still cause trouble.

After Ep 9 what will be the plot going forward I wonder, I mean the main continuation films (not necessarily spin-off films). How is the dark side going to keep coming up without it become completely cliche I wonder?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169126
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 54
Total: 56

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 38 queries.