Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: And the topic of the day is: Episode VII SPOILERS **NOW WITH EXTRA SPOILERS**  (Read 12046 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

Just wondering if we can all follow some basic rules from now on and up until after the release of Episode VII.

Many people, like myself, will be completely avoiding looking at and reading material from either official sources or rumors, as any of this spoiler info could ruin the fun and surprise involved in seeing the new movie for the first time.

So, I was wondering if it would make sense to put "SPOILERS - EPISODE VII" in Subject headers of any topic that relates to Episode VII.

I would also be greatful if we could also not give away too much in the Subject headers. Stuff like: "Han's horrible death scene", "Chewie's bride", "Jaina's lightsaber" and "Luke's evil fall" are example of stuff that, just by glancing at the topic header in the forums, will completely give away major plots lines and will undoubtly ruin the fun for most people (by the way, these are not real topics, I just invented them).

Sorry if this is redundant and already discussed... I just wanted to make sure we try to refrain ourselves from giving away too much at this stage, as the enthusiasm for the next movie installment will certainly have most of us carried away in the coming months. :)

EDITED - SOME GUIDELINES

1. PLEASE DO NOT post spoilers in your topic headings.

2. PLEASE INCLUDE EP VII SPOILERS or similar in your topic headings IF your post is going to contain them.

3. SPECULATION DOES NOT EQUAL SPOILERS. Any topic you read here at Snowtroopers.ca is liable to contain some general speculation about the movie. There will be NO WAY to avoid this stuff, so read at your own risk.

4. PLEASE ADD SPOILER WARNINGS EVEN IN YOUR POSTS. Use something like **SPOILERS BELOW** and leave a few lines of blank space so it's not on the screen when someone first sees it & has to scroll down if they want to look. These are especially courteous in topics about figures or toys, where a photo of an action feature can SERIOUSLY lead to conclusions about the movie (EP II Anakin's arm falling off on Jay Leno anyone????).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:32:39 PM by jjreason »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And the topic of the day is: Episode VII SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »

But there is a difference between speculating and spoiling right? I mean if off the top of my head I say, hey maybe this might happen, I don't have to flag that as a spoiler, right? We're talking about "things we come across or hear about that may or may not be true", things that claim to have come from more than pure speculation?

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Id say just put all Ep 7 related topics/threads into a separate area... that way everything is in one place for people to either avoid or to go explore.
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »

It's going to be VERY difficult to avoid spoilers. That being said, I will also be trying my best & would appreciate similar courtesy to that described above. I'm going to sticky this topic & keep it in the Wampa Cave. I'm also going to be moving Ep VII stuff - spoilers & all - into the Movies section so that it's not right out in the open - at least this way folks can roll their own dice by choosing to enter that area before the movie if they wish, knowing full well spoilers may even be in the thread titles.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »

jjreason, thanks for this. I know it's not going to be easy, that's why I decided to post this note.  :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »

I have a better idea! Why don't we all agree to create fake spoilers all the time and ardently claim they are real just so we can avoid knowing which are real and which are not! :) But they have to be good, like nothing like "We find out Han and Leia adopted Wicket" or "Luke went back and found that one armed wampa and gave him a job sweeping the new Jedi temple" or anything like that.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 11:33:12 AM »

Even in the few weeks since this discussion started, my Facebook has been bombarded with "news". It's going to be impossible to go in without having at least something spoiled.  :mad0218: :sad0064: :shakehead: :(

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

I don't really see any spoilers here but figured I'd hide this as best I could in hopes of not getting anyone riled up (link to an article with some new pics below, scroll down):

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/story/star-wars-the-force-awakens-lots-of-new-images/ar-BBlG72V#image=11

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »

I'm just spending the next 4 months with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears.  That'll work, right?

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 06:59:27 PM »

I'm just spending the next 4 months with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears.  That'll work, right?

I'll try to do the same, trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. Might be very tough indeed. I think this time around, mass media will jump in the SW fever and we'll end up getting spoilers from everywhere, even on regular news media. Contrary to what happened during the prequels, it'll become a nice trend to like SW and show your love of SW. Here in Quebec, we already sense that the same journalists and media speakers who bashed the SW franchise 10 years ago and now fully into it and even show themselves wearing SW apparel and discuss their fandom openly on radio shows. Damn those stupid opportunists journalist whores. And I'm not talking about lady journalists now. It simply disgusts me. I hate fakers...

Frank Herbert

Keldryn

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »

Let's hope that we don't get a soundtrack with titles such as "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and "Funeral for a Jedi" this time around.

This time around has been the same for me as it was for all three prequels.  I intended to only check out a few bits of news here and there, but somehow I ended up knowing everything that was going to happen before the movie even came out.  Unless the spoilers are wrong this time...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 05:53:47 PM »

I'm terrified of that Rey thread about the new figure - so tempted to click it but I haven't yet.....  :(

Also the stupid Toronto Sun head a big header today about knowing how the movie starts.... all I can say is GO DARK, PEOPLE. SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »

Toronto sun - TFA "An Instant Classic" as well as a link to "Biggest Surprises" in the movie - at least they didn't blurt anything out. A friend told me as of last night Rotten Tomatoes for it was at 100 percent. I'm halfway between sick and giddy with 25hrs until my showtime, and I remain completely spoiler free.  :)`

The_Art_of_Sith

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Jub Jub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 01:51:38 AM »

I was able to watch this at 11:30am in Hong Kong, my kids definitely enjoyed it. My daughter loves BB8. From some of the spoilers that came out recently, didn't hurt the story at all. There is definitely a wow factor, and looking forward to episode 8.  I won't say anymore, but for us fans, it was a blast to see it.

klown23

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:25 PM »

This movie was so beautiful, had a tear to my eye the last minute... speechless
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 38 queries.