- Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Looking into the forum errors

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 17, 2018, 10:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 4 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-discovering 80's movies on Youtube  (Read 348 times)

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re-discovering 80's movies on Youtube
« on: May 22, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »

I have always been slow on catching up to the rest of the world with tech trends, and so I imagine alot of you will have already been aware for sometime that there is alot of full movies available to watch on youtube.  I think that it was only 2 or 3 years ago that I even bothered to go to youtube for the first time, and that was to watch old music video's from the 90's.  That evolved into watching live performances of bands at old concerts or on old tv shows.  Just within the last 3 months or so I've begun watching old movies from the 80's and it has been great!

At first I re-watched movies that I had known and watched from my childhood, but that has now branched into me watching others that I have not watched before but wish that I had watched back in the 80's.  Watching 80's movies for me is great because of the nostalgia that I have with that era but I can recognize that the younger generations may have a hard time watching them due to the standards of today's movies which are usually set to a higher pace, filmed with higher quality equipment and loaded with CGI and other improved effects.  If anyone out there already loves 80's movies and like me (although I'm probably the last person on earth) hasn't checked out youtube for movies you might be able to find some gem's from the past.  Not all the movies that I looked for were available for free but most were on there.

The ones that I re-watched from my childhood were,

The Band of the Hand
Gleaming the Cube
Moving Violations (I forgot about Bill Murray's brother!)
Sammy's Super T-Shirt (I highly recommend this movie for people that grew up in the 80's incase you may have watched this a child and completely forgotten about it.  If you haven't watched it before you might get a kick out of it but it was a movie made for kids to watch.  It's about a kid who has a t-shirt that gives him super-powers.)

The ones that I've watched that I'd never watched before are,

At Close Range (Great movie starring Christopher Walken, Sean Penn, Chris Penn)
Tuff Turf (Awesome movie starring James Spader and featuring a choreographed dance/fight)
Losin' It (Shelly Long takes Tom Cruise's virginity down in Mexico!)
The Sure Thing (Jon Cusack in his prime with Daphine Zungia(sp?))
Wavelength (1983)  (Sci-fi about aliens, Area 51 type, starring Robert Caradine)

If you have spare time and haven't already check out those movies or others from that period.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

• Total Posts: 169641
  • Total Topics: 14384
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 59
Total: 63

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 38 queries.