Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 10:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan Expo 2014 - Discussion  (Read 999 times)

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Fan Expo 2014 - Discussion
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

Didn't see much posted here about it so I thought I'd talk about the Star Wars content I saw a Fan Expo this past week.

I got a couple more autographs for the SW bathroom - Ray Park and Steven Blum (the voice of Zeb in Rebels).  Both were very friendly.

I got there early enough to secure 3 of the Fan Expo limited mini-rigs of the mini-Ghost with Kanan.  Keeping one for myself, the other 2 are going to Steve Sansweet and James Burns.  They were also handing out TC-4 in another line so I snagged him.  They had several large display builds on site including a pretty close to scale Chopper.

They had at least part of the Rebels SDCC booth there as well.  The 3 statues of Ezra, Chopper and The Inquisitor.  They had Rebels toys on display - still sticking to the Oct. 1 release date.

The Hasbro booth had some other Rebels toys there.  They were also giving away key tags with lenticular images of the Rebels cast and also attached to that was a key tab that gives you 10% off unlimited purchases at TRU of Star Wars Hasbro and Lego products between now and December.

The biggest highlight and what convinced me to go - a screening of 44 minutes of Rebels!  I am guessing this is what they are calling the movie set to premiere Oct. 3.  It was a theatre of 1300 and it was packed.  The only other time this was shown to the public was to 200 people at SDCC.  Mary Franklin and Steven Blum presided over the event.  The show was very, very good!  It was very funny too.  They've really captured the OT vibe with the characters, the atmosphere and the soundtrack.   :explosion:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:45:19 AM by jjreason »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Expo 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »

That's good - glad you enjoyed the screening. I'm looking forward to the broadcast of the movie in October & really hoping it gets me excited for the rest of the show - I'm very "ho hum" so far.  :speechless-smiley-004:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 50
Total: 52

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 38 queries.