Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Disney Store  (Read 8267 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Store
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »

Was at Hollywood studios this week. I can confirm droid factory is back. My daughter and I each built one. Mine with mickey ears and hers with a santa hat. They're 2 for $22. Pretty awesome they give you a clam shell and you customize a card back with sticker letters to name your droid. ☺

rode star tours three times. Ended up on prequel planets all three times. No OT for me. 😕 But at least I finally got to ride star tours after hearing about it for years. Awesome stuff even if it made me a bit queasy. 

Didn't see the ewok plush but i may have missed them. Sooooo much stuff in the store.... crazy merchandising!! And rogue one is front and centre  of course. Managed to find a R2-H16 holiday droid and picked up a die cast starspeeder 1000. Saw the 3.75"scale $75 toy. It's large. Too big for my luggage!! Happy with the 1/64 scale to go with my titaniums.

Also saw the AT-ACT and a few other recent SW toys. At high US prices of course.

Star wars at Disney World is highly present. Feels like part of the Disney family now. Star wars t shirts EVERYWHERE. And lightsabers everywhere. Amazing.

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »

Awesome. I'm jealous. I've always wanted to visit Disney during the Christmas season.

I picked up the Starspeeder back when I lived in Seattle. It's actually a great toy. My kids love it.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 11:12:40 PM »

The 12 inch Premium Elite Series Death Trooper, Director Krennic and Jyn Erso were released today at the Disney Store.... $43.95 each. I'm really liking this series of figures....keep'me coming!

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »

I picked up all three tonight.  Love 'em!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:19:34 PM by old man ben »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »

I have added a couple of pictures so you can see the attention to detail in these new Elite figures.  Great uniforms, well painted features, etc.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »

Went to the Disney Store today....they have the Premium Elite Series 10" Figures on sale for $25.00 each (regular price $43.95).  That's a savings of 43%. Very good price. Didn't see any Vaders or Leias. They still had Kylo Ren, Rey, Imperial Death Trooper, Director Krennic, and Jyn Erso.

The Die-Cast Elite Series Figures were $19.00 each.  I don't collect this line but I believe the price might extend to all of them.  There were 2 on clearance for $12.99...unmasked Kylo Ren, and Finn (Jakku).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:50:47 PM by IanToronto »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

Better prices than ever at the Square One Disney store.  The 6" Elite Die-cast figures were "Buy One, get one Free".  That works out to 2 for $34.  Selection included all the main Rogue One figures - Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Bodhi Rook, Jyn, etc.  They also had all the 12" Elite figures on for half price, which means they are only $22 each.  Just a great price for that quality figure.  Selection includes Leia, Rey, Jyn, Krennic, Kylo, Vader and Death Trooper.
It still upsets me that I paid full price for all of them!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:32:20 AM by old man ben »

Darth Vicious

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2017, 01:49:05 AM »

I wish I could find a General Grevious still. I had one in my hands once and had to leave it behind. My white whale...
-Darth Vicious  :maul:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2017, 07:16:52 AM »

Better prices than ever at the Square zone Disney store.  The 6" Elite Die-cast figures were "Buy One, get one Free".  That works out to 2 for $34.  Selection included all the main Rogue One figures - Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Bodhi Rook, Jyn, etc.  They also had all the 12" Elite figures on for half price, which means they are only $22 each.  Just a great price for that quality figure.  Selection includes Leia, Rey, Jyn, Krennic, Kylo, Vader and Death Trooper.
It still upsets me that I paid full price for all of them!

Vaders were gone by the time I got there.  Luckily, I was in Hamilton yesterday and the had some at Limeridge.

It does suck at full price, but then, even at full price the Premium Disney figures are by a wide margin the best things out there.  I hope they continue the line (and put it on sale for $22 at times!)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »

6" die cast are all now down to $11 each. They had tonnes of stock from TFA and R1. No OT or prequel characters.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »

Is the gift set one on sale?  The one with the Heavy Blaster Stormtrooper?  Also, does anyone have that one and know if the webgear can be removed and put on a regular 6" BS figure?

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »

The last time I looked the five piece set was still over $100.  That was about a week ago.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

An eleven dollar closeout price for the Elite 6" Diecast figures does not bode well for the future of this line.  If they have had to go this low to get rid of slow moving stock I can see them being reluctant to make more figures.  Hopefully there are still a few more in the pipeline that we might see.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »

The Disney Store website is today showing a 42% discount on the five piece gift set so I would think the same discount should apply in their Canadian stores as well.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »

An eleven dollar closeout price for the Elite 6" Diecast figures does not bode well for the future of this line.  If they have had to go this low to get rid of slow moving stock I can see them being reluctant to make more figures.  Hopefully there are still a few more in the pipeline that we might see.

I hope not - great line of figures. 

I don't think you can treat a sale like this at the Disney Store the same way you might if you saw a similar line on sale at TRU or Walmart.  The difference here is Disney OWNS the license and the manufacturing (I think - I dunno ) and so unlike regular retailers who need to clear shelf space, a sale is essentially all they can do.  They can't get a recall on unsold product because that would just be returning it to themselves.

Disney paid 5 billion dollars for the Lucasfilm licenses.   You think they'll stop making toys?   They'd probably sooner stop selling princess dresses at the Disney store.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169089
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.