Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2018, 04:41:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Episode 7 has a title  (Read 2740 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Episode 7 has a title
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »

The Force Awakens... not sure what to make of it.  So far, I don't like it...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 7 has a title
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »

Awakening of the Force would have been my choice - the "of the" is so important.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »

I like it.

It's using strong words for a strong return.

The "Force": no need to say anything, it's a powerful choice.

"Awakens", meaning it's a new beginning of some sort. Most like "A New Hope". Something new, some that arise from a dormant stage. Meaning, years have passed and something that was left aside for years is now waking up.

Again, powerful words for a powerful (we hope) return of SW after 10 years or "silver screen silence". :-)

I like it. Really.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

Who the hell decided to let the Force take a nap, anyhow???

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »

I like it, simple and to the point. Suggests perhaps a new awakening for the Jedi order or the sith or something... although I don't think the title is that "catchy".  I guess for now the acronym "TFA" is the shortform?  SW:TFA? A bit close to TFU (The Force Unleashed) but oh well.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »

Or it's a ruse to distract us from the real title.  I hope....

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »

Well, they changed Revenge of the Jedi after it was revealed... maybe there's something better in the works? Maybe it will make sense when we get wind of the plot.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »

Attack of the Clones still sounds more stupid than this - and it had the "of the" I'm so fond of. I'm sure this will grow on me. Or maybe not.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »

I like it. It has a mystical feeling to it. Kinda reminiscent of the line "tremor in the force".

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »

I likie it ...sounds Dark ...well kinda...but i still like it ;)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »

Rise of the Force
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »

eps 7: The Force Awakens
eps 8: The Force brushes its teeth
eps 9: The Force rubs the gunk out of its eyes
eps 10: The Force goes to work, deals with its overbearing boss, wife who doesn't understand it, and dreams of retiring to a sunny beach

Sorry. It's late.

Canucktrooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 11:57:23 PM »

I think people will warm up with the title once we have a better synopsis of the movie. After the original Star Wars, people knew the characters and the conflicts they were in so the titles for ESB and ROTJ were understandable. Here we don't know what to make of it because we don't know anything about the new movie. We're pretty much in uncharted territory for Star Wars which is actually really exciting. At least the title is better than "The Phantom Menace" IMO.

And good on them for scrapping the episode number in the official title. Harkens back to the titles for the OT and it feels as though you don't need to watch the previous movies to watch this one ----> justifies what Abrams said in his letter about making a movie for the next generations.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »

Well I think the dropping of the title is more than that... it's obvious that they're going to go waaaaaay past episode 9 and onto episodes 6000 and higher.  This isn't a franchise that's going to stop anytime soon, so there's no point in pretending that it's the 9 or 12-part saga that Lucas may have originally envisioned.

Once we've got the next generation of Skywalkers and Solos planted into the minds of the audience, and the torch has officially been passed from the OT cast (with the exception of 3PO, R2 and Chewie who can obviously be anyone in a suit, and even Daniels' voice can be approximated by other voice actors) then it'll go on forever. I think it'll be less about episodes and more along the current line of the Marvel Cinematic Universe use of "phases" with movies that run sidelong with the main core movies.  Plus of course, movies that also delve into the origins of Fett, Yoda, etc.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:36 AM »

Honestly, any title would do for me. I mean, it's not like I created the franchise and wrote these movies. I'm a spectator and I'm willing to take the jump into whatever adventure has been created to get me out of my harsh reality for 2-3 hours of screening time (and countless hours of fun with my collecting hobby).

Anyway, it's not like the title has any incidence on the story itself. The characters in the movie will not be talking about "Star Wars" and "The Force Awakens" when talking at each other. Nor did we hear Han Say to Leia: "Hey, Princess, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, what should we do about this?"

So... I really don't care. In the end, it's just a title on a big screen. It's the events that occurs in the storytelling that are important. The intrigue, the action, the characters. The title is just a mere reference... :-P

As far as going past E9... only time will tell. But I tend to agree with Napseeker on this: with Disney involved, there's no way we're goona see an end to this. They'll want it to continue as long as it finds an audience and increase their profit margins. It's a business and they'd be fools not wanting to continue making money out of the franchise. The hell, I'd prefer 2-3 SW movies a year on top of any stupid Superheroes flick that we've been getting for the past 5 years. These are beginning to annoy me a lot. There's a limit in the originality you can give the audience out of Superheores in cape trying to save America from Total Annhilation (like the US is the only part of the World worth saving). The movie industry is getting an overdose of those stupid superheroes and I'm beginning to get sick of it.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169431
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 67
Total: 68

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 39 queries.