Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 10:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb and Dumber To  (Read 1290 times)

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Dumb and Dumber To
« on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:59 PM »

Can't believe there's no thread for this movie. Excited to see it tonight, I don't think it will meet the first one for awesomeness but can't wait to find out.
Dumb and Dumber has been one of my favorite comedies since I seen it, the kid and I have tickets to tonights show at 9:30; review to come  :rockon:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:27:02 AM by Nipshank »

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb and Dumber To
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »

Even though this forum has the traffic of a ghost town, here's my review of a long awaited movie that I really thought would never happen.

Not as good as the first, but I don't know anyone who thought it would be. Some great jokes, old ones redone as well. They attempted to capture the feeling of the old one, fell short a bit but as a standalone comedy it would definitely hold it's own. Lloyd and Harry back together, gotta love it either way.
Recommended :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:27:19 AM by Nipshank »

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie and would recommend watching it.  The original has always been one of my favorite comedies and I've been hoping they would sequel it since the first one came out.  I don't count "When Harry met Lloyd" and still have never bothered to watch it.  I knew that they probably wouldn't be able to top the original, but after the horror show that was Anchorman 2 I was hoping they wouldn't butcher it and tarnish the original.  I was on the fence after watching the trailers but your review gives me hope and I'm looking forward to checking it out for myself now.

As for this site being a ghost town, I can see a newer member having this opinion and it is true to a point but there is still a strong member base here and those that are around are very helpful and overall good people.  This site doesn't have alot of reviews posted, either for toys or movies, but the scouting reports are always a great way of knowing whats happening locally.  The trading and selling done between members here is also top notch with very little problems ever arrising.  Other international fan sites may have more content and traffic and I appreciate them for what they have to offer but I am glad that snowtroopers is around, it's more personal and feels more like home here.

:snowtroopers:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:25:18 AM »

As for this site being a ghost town, I can see a newer member having this opinion and it is true to a point but there is still a strong member base here and those that are around are very helpful and overall good people.  This site doesn't have alot of reviews posted, either for toys or movies, but the scouting reports are always a great way of knowing whats happening locally.  The trading and selling done between members here is also top notch with very little problems ever arrising.  Other international fan sites may have more content and traffic and I appreciate them for what they have to offer but I am glad that snowtroopers is around, it's more personal and feels more like home here.

Thanks for those comments! The activity at this site, particularly on the forums, has always kinda ebbed & flowed with the interested generated by new movies pending. I'm hoping that as the excitement grows for the new movie (and associated merchandise - who are we kidding  :winking0071: ) snowballs, so too will our activity. I'd expect to see some "old new" faces coming out of the woodwork to check in on us as well!

EDITED: AND to insure I'm on topic, my thoughts on Harry & LLoyd part II is..... my family & I will wait for home release. Anchorman 2 was the rare bomb - it actually tainted the first one for me, it was that bad. I have no intention of spoiling the first D&D at the theatre, and having to deal with the added weight of spending $50 to do it.  :o
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:16:50 AM by jjreason »

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

Haha definitely.
Harry and Lloyd are still the same, old as hell looking though but nonetheless the same. Cost of going to the movies is definitely high, especially when it's more than two people going. Best waiting for home release or download it.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »

I loved Dumb and Dumber.  For all of the reasons mentioned, not the least of which is the enormous cost of the movie theatres these days, I will likely wait until I can watch it at home.  Good to hear the positive review, though :)`

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie and would recommend watching it.  The original has always been one of my favorite comedies and I've been hoping they would sequel it since the first one came out.  I don't count "When Harry met Lloyd" and still have never bothered to watch it.  I knew that they probably wouldn't be able to top the original, but after the horror show that was Anchorman 2 I was hoping they wouldn't butcher it and tarnish the original.  I was on the fence after watching the trailers but your review gives me hope and I'm looking forward to checking it out for myself now.

It's definitely worth the watch, the more I think about it the more I liked it. Like I said not as good as the first but still it's Harry and Lloyd man!!!

I'm on RS and Sideshow Freaks a lot, so it's just a different pace here. I love collecting, cons, all the sci-fi stuff and I like the fact that I'm talking with Canadians and sharing with them. Tons of Canadians on the other forums but this is ours, but most don't even know this one exists. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the slower traffic in some respects as Sideshow Freaks is way too busy. Best thing is dealing with, talking with Canadians, so far I've seen no trolling, no rude remarks, the way it should be :)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

Not to get completely off topic but the community here is EXTRAORDINARILY respectful and friendly! I have NEVER EVER EVER seen one of the nasty, poisonous exchanges happen here, even when discussing such sensitive topics as PT vs. OT like you get on RS forums! Honestly, I feel like I spend half my time over there trying to defend my right to even have an opinion!

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 12:13:47 PM »

Exactly, if you don't agree with someones opinion it turns into a personal attack. I'm amazed at the comments some members on RS get away with, they don't realize opinions is what makes a forum haha.
Good to see you on here too brother, always good reading your posts and we generally have the same opinion on most things.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

Yeah, and if we don't, we don't try to tell the other person to go to H-E-double-hockey sticks!!!!

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »

Exactly, it's called mutual respect and proper etiquette, I think both are lost on the other forums. Gotta love Canadians :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170155
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 59
Total: 62

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 38 queries.