Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 12:45:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dave Dorman Rejected for Celebration 7  (Read 651 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Dave Dorman Rejected for Celebration 7
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »

Celebration 7 ART SHOW: Dave Dorman Rejected by Celebration 7 Art Judges.

I thought you guys might be interested in the email I got from Dave Dorman.   Interesting read in order to understand how things work to get your art work in a Celebration.   Maybe Dave should have put Mickey Mouse ears on Darth Vader !!!

Here is his email:

Well, now that Lucasfilm has announced the artists selected for the SW Celebration 7 Art Show, I can publicly confirm that I was not selected to participate this year. It is with great sadness and disappointment that I am now announcing this, but the judging has been made, and there is no reversing that.

The judging was done differently this year, asking for comps of the art proposed, then submitted anonymously to be judged. There was no respect for the reputation or the years of good will put in by any artist--just the comp, rough, or finished art submitted for approval.

So...here was my piece--a color rough featuring Vader continuing to pursue the genocide of the Jedi after Order 66. I guess I missed the mark in idea... or perhaps not doing a more finished rough..it's not EU... ties directly into the gap between EP3 and 4...

The Path Not Taken: Rejected Dave Dorman Star Wars Celebration Concept Art
The Path Not Taken: Rejected Dave Dorman Star Wars Celebration Concept Art

I don't know. And because the judged submissions were anonymous and a one shot deal, I will never know.

What I do know is that I will not have a print available this year at Celebration, nor will I be attending Celebration to support it.

I thank all you who have supported me through the 6 Celebrations (including Europe) where I sold out of prints, and the first Celebration in Denver, which I attended only as a fan. I would like to thank the 501st for their support and helping unselfishly when called to pose for me.

I hope to see you all at Celebration 8...if the Force is still with me.

Take care,
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Dorman Rejected for Celebration 7
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

What the heck?  There aren't a lot of other artists who are more synonymous with SW work more than Dorman!

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Dorman Rejected for Celebration 7
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »

I was shocked as well, he's usually one of the featured artists and has been for years. His piece would have been great once completed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Page created in 4.248 seconds with 37 queries.