Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 01:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

52 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Marvel Star Wars Comics - In Stores Now!!!  (Read 8854 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Marvel Star Wars Comics - In Stores Now!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 11:26:22 PM »

Princess Leia #1 hit shelves this week - picked up both the action figure variant cover of this issue as well as the Darth Vader one, which was a second copy of that issue for me. Easily parted from my money, I am.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Leia's book picks up at the Yavin ceremony & goes from there. I found the characterization to be pretty good & the issue was fairly strong - though the art inside is likely my least favourite of the 3 series. A new character is introduced -a female rebel pilot who will be Leia's sidekick to start. Good comic.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »

I just don't buy into the gang running around as a hit-squad after the events of ANH. So far the first 3 issues have been terrible. Dialogue is awful. It's the typical cash-grab EU stuff I hate and the reason I have no qualms about Disney scrapping everything that wasn't officially produced by Lucas.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »

I think Darth Vader has the most potential. If they change Star Wars gradually into focusing more on supporting cast members as opposed to the core heroes, I might change my mind.....

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »

I just finished Vader 3 and 4 (don't live where there are comic shops) and wow...

How the frack can they stick Indiana Jones into Star Wars. A rogue archaeologist. The Ark Angel. The Rolling Ball of droid rolling after Dr. Aphra. The pose as she runs through the lasers. The dust to see where to go. The fracking Hat. "This belongs in a weapon, not in storage or a museum"

For frack's sakes! Everyone was pissed at the fact they shoved Close Encounters into Indiana Jones. Now they do this. Sorry but that is poodoo writing. Plain and simple. Then we get organic droids from an alien queen. I was pissed when they did that in Clone Wars as their homage to Aliens, don't bring it and Terminator back in. Oh and they say... we are not using anything from the past novels, games, comics or multimedia. And then they create a new HK-47.

I am not sure if these are just being rushed or if the writing is just weak.

Sorry for the swearing but if Dark Horse would have done this, it would have been a Tales or Infinity, not a mainstream.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:22:56 AM by KaleDayspring »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:22 AM »

I still haven't seen Vader 3 & 4 yet, but that's not sounding hopeful.

chaingunsofdoom

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • BWA HA HA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 12:17:23 PM »

I thought Vader was the best of the 3 after 3 issues and I will be dropping 2/3 from my pull list soon. Just had it too good with Dark Horse...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 05:05:10 AM »

Still stuck on getting the figure variants - picked up regular & Chewie versions of Star Wars 4 today. I'm now 3 issues behind on my reading though & need to get caught up.  :luke:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Didn't like Vader 3 & 4 either, none of the new characters in that book appeal to me in any way, shape or form. Not sure how long I'll keep up with it at this point - 2-3 more issues tops unless it shapes up. On to Star Wars 4, hopefully that's better.  :speechless-smiley-004:

EDITED: It was. I don't have any trouble enjoying Cassaday & Jason Aaron - the characters read ok & look great, even if the circumstances are different than I would have chosen. No danger of me dropping this series as of yet.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:40:28 PM by jjreason »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »

Picked up Leia 3 today. Quite surprised they didn't come up with something for Free Comic Book Day - even just a cheap flyer with the covers reprinted would have been fine.  :(

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 07:05:45 PM »

Latest issue of Vader…yuck! It felt like Robot-chicken. And going back to Geonosis felt forced and that Queen was lame. Vader just doesn't seem like Vader to me. I'm out. If I hear at some point down the road it gets good I'll buy the trades.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »

It sounds like issue 5 of Vader isn't going to make fans happy either:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/star-wars-gets-superheroes-darth-vader-5-spoilers/
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2015, 11:48:37 PM »

So... sounds like Marvel just doesn't get Star Wars? At least not like Dark Horse did. Something tells me that this direction is coming down through editorial from Disney. Some of the issues people are mentioning seem like the result of "Disneyfication". I haven't bothered to read any of them, so for those who have, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and to hijack a phrase that so many Marvelites like to use - revert the rights to Dark Horse!  :winking0071:

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 01:23:05 AM »

To be honest, I don't find these comics any worse than the original ones put out but comics have come a long way since then and so has the concept of the whole SW universe. It's the same schtick... it just doesn't work any more for me as an adult.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »

I am finding them quite enjoyable, Darth Vader being my favorite of the 3.  Part of it is possibly because my boys enjoy them so much, and we can discuss it together.   Also I think I may feel like I have to read them, because it is cannon.  I didn't feel that way necessarily about Dark Horse,  I could pick and chose what I wanted.   The thing that bothers me is I have 4 complete shelf levels dedicated to expanded universe figures.  I almost want to unload them now, or put in storage. With all the movies coming out and shelf space obviously at a premium maybe I should be displaying only cannon figures? 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »

I honestly don't know how much Dark Horse dealt with the OT heroes as I stopped reading them around 2000. Marvel has focused on the era between ANH and ESB, which I almost think could jive with the entire EU produced by Dark Horse & others - it's like they've called the old EU stuff "non-canon" but haven't really done anything to refute it, either.

I have my own canon - it's the 6, soon to be 7 movies. The rest is either fun (Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire) or it's not (a lot of the rest).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170145
  • Total Topics: 14398
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 52
Total: 54

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 38 queries.