Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Marvel Star Wars Comics - In Stores Now!!!  (Read 8873 times)

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Marvel Star Wars Comics - In Stores Now!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 05:14:45 AM »

Whimper... whimper....Alright Marvel. I give up. You are doing a great job.

Of repurposing old Dark Horse as yours. As for the new comics

Fark You.

When I read Vader 4 and saw the name of the operative CYLO-IV I thought to myself, "there is no farking way they are going to... I mean come on.... they've already done Indiana Jones, Aliens and Terminator. They can't.... no."

And they did, "When CYLO-IV didn't return I was activated....I am more than human" So they took over BSG now. CYLOIV as in CYLON.

And then the X-men at the end.

Who the hell is OKing this. A Vader title should be about power and dominance. The Vader series at the end of the DH run are an excellent example. Purge and Dark Times with Vader were so grim and raw. What you expect from Vader. He's a bad ass.

This comic is a joke. Why the hell are they allowing such poor writing and crappy ideas through. Please, make the bleeding stop.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 08:28:51 AM »

Wow, that almost sounds like an April Foods joke... I'm glad I haven't jumped onboard with any of the Marvel comics so far. It's hard to take this stuff seriously...  I was hoping that they'd recapture a tiny bit of the classic Marvel SW goofiness, but so far this ain't it. 

And this is supposedly now all canon? Right?
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »

Yes, this is "real" Star Wars. I don't hate the Vader title as much as Kayle, to be honest, but they're certainly not going where I would have chosen to go with it. It's quite apparent these are super hero creators falling back on what they know best.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »

Star Wars 6 has hit the stands, complete with a battle between 2 key OT characters & a couple of significant revelations. I'm mainly sticking around for the Cassaday art. Of interest, the letters page starts this issue & I will likely go back & have a look to see if they print any from folks expressing concerns.

EDITED: Forgot to mention that Lando is getting his own limited series as well which will likely be worth a look. Charles Soule is a writer that I'm following more & more, and the art from Alex Maleev alone should be worth the cover price (he paints everything & his work on Daredevil was absolutely bloody amazing).

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »

The Kanan series is my favourite by far.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 03:03:54 PM »

Ha! My luck - that's the one series I'm not following as I haven't paid any attention to Rebels yet (& have no short terms plans to watch it for some reason).

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »

I have started watching Rebels with my youngest and despite all the evidence piling up that I'd hate it, I don't, find it pretty fun actually and now I'm waiting for the Kanan trade paperback since I wasn't collecting it either! :)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2015, 09:00:11 PM »

Finished the Leia limited series (5 issues, the last of which came out either last week or the week before). Overall she was characterized ok, but the story seems like it could have been told in fewer issues - maybe even one double-sized special or something. It was just ok.

The last couple issues of Darth Vader have had good pace to them, but again I'm not 100 percent sure I'd go where they've gone with the story. I like seeing the Bounty Hunters (we've seen Bossk now as well as Boba Fett).

Star Wars 7 doesn't come out now until July 27, I believe there has been a delay. Of interest, Cassaday is NOT the artist on this issue, rather Simon Bianchi (who is also excellent) is doing an Obi Wan-focused issue. Cassaday lasting 6 issues would surprise some.....

Lando 1 just came out this week & I haven't read it yet. I like both creators so I'm looking forward to seeing how that series goes (it's planned for 5 issues just like the Princess Leia one was).

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »

Lando #1 was actually quite good - I'm going to give it the highest recommendation of any of these new Marvel SW comics so far.  :)`

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 08:50:22 AM »

Agree, enjoyed it very much and who would have thought Lobot could be fleshed out in any sort of interesting way!

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »

The first 3 issues of Darth Vader and first issue of Lando are the best I've read so far. :)`

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »

Finished Lando 3 & SW 8. Both very entertaining. Stuart Immonen has taken over for John Cassaday, and I'm going to say the characters look even better. I like where the SW main series is right now, 2 interesting plotlines being evenly split in the same issue.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »

Just read the first issue of Shattered Empire…the interesting tidbit there (that I was unaware of but maybe it was common knowledge) is something to do with the Poe character….

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

I don't think it was common knowledge, at least if one has been avoiding the rumors and spoilers like I mostly have.  I guess some characters in the SW universe owe the destruction of the second Death Star to being conceived at all :)

edit: for those who don't want to read through the new canon novels and comics, there's a nice summary of what we now know about the EU here:
http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

It sounds like the New Republic and Imperial Remnant sort of still adhere to the old EU (minus that whole awful Vong storyline).  In the talkbacks, a great point was made about how this allows for the non-canon "Legends" stories to be looked more at as a kind of hearsay that might've taken place during the new EU timeline, as if they were legends told about the post-OT gang, from a time far far off into the future.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:37:30 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »

I've got that comic set aside for me, will pick up & eagerly give it a read this Wednesday!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170168
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 54
Total: 58

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 38 queries.