Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:13:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Randy Walker commissioned art  (Read 859 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Randy Walker commissioned art
« on: December 09, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »

Not my handiwork but I just recently had the artist Randy Walker do one of his very unique interpretations of the vintage SW carded figures for one of my treasured finds as a kid "Snaggletooth"! I asked him to put the k-mart sticker on it since I bought mine at a local Kresge's which used the K-mart stickers. Turn around on the commission was super fast and ended up $25 US shipped. Done with what appears to be a mix of ink and watercolours on card stock. I'm going to frame it because it seems like I could wreck it easily but I totally love it. I'm thinking of getting at least a C-3PO after xmas, maybe a few more. Enjoy and PM me if you want any more info on how to get in touch with him (I found him through a rebelscum.com story on him in their news section a few weeks ago.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:16:03 PM by sinkie »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Randy Walker commissioned art
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »

Very cool! Not sure how I'd ever choose, though.  :speechless-smiley-004:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »

Yeah it was easy for me to choose the first one since in my personal history with Star Wars tracking down Snaggletooth was an undertaking that ended happily finally one day with a phone call to a downtown Kresge's department store in my home town.

C-3PO would be my next choice since he was actually my first figure bought at Woolco. After that…oh I know, probably a Tusken, think he was my second and I believe he was also Woolco. He would probably also do other wackier commissions like unproduced figures. I saw one of his which was an action figure for Werner Herzog's Aguirre the Wrath of God of all things!

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »

It would be snaggletooth for me as well.  He was the last figure for me track down of the original 20.  I was so in love with the cantina figures, and I couldn't find him for months.  I ended up getting him at a Woolco in the US,  my mom asked the cashier to check the back, and she pulled out a fresh case.  I remember looking through the case and there he was the elusive Snaggletooth.  Very fond memory!    I wonder if he was a limited release in Canada?  I would be curious to know if any of the other old timers like myself had trouble tracking him down as a kid?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:43:56 PM »

Nah, I think we must have gotten lucky with Snags. The second wave of ANH figures and the first wave of ESB figures were likely the absolute peak of my excitement, so I remember getting many of those figures.... but somehow not Snags. For us it was "Old Ben" that was elusive.... but I think that more my brother & I continuously choosing the other figures before him. Out of wave 2, X-Wing Luke was my first and my brother got Hammerhead (in London, Ontario, Westown plaza mall on Cherryhill where we got our haircuts done as little kids - see I told you I remember!!!!).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 37 queries.