Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 09:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** **BEWARE SPOILERS** **SPOILERS**  (Read 12886 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

NBC just reported that George Lucas has stated he gave Disney his ideas for Star Wars 7 - but they did not use any of them.   Just wondering what you guys thought about this - good or bad?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:51:41 AM by jjreason »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »

I read about that last night. I don't think it's a bad thing per se because chances are his ideas may get reused in some other format down the road (much as Clone Wars and Rebels have recycled certain things that were initially ditched in the OT era).

I'm sure his eps7 ideas were far more centered around the next gen of heroes and far less focused on what the fans mainly want to see: Luke, Han, and Leia.

If there's even a hint of midichl------ in his ideas, then abandon away I say  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »

If there is any use of PT stuff that I found awful (midichlorians, Gungans, small Jedi with small lightsabers…) I'm kind of curious to see if a perhaps better told and structures film these things won't bother me as much. But if they are simply NOT included, all the better!

As for George and his ideas. As I was saying on rebelscum the other day I don't necessarily think some of his broader stroke ideas are bad, it really comes down the details and execution. So even if he had given the outline to Disney and they used it, there would be a good chance IMO that JJ and company would have tweaked it enough to be something they could live with anyway, and probably would have trimmed out any silliness.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »

As long as he doesn't start producing a long list of what his ideas were (which could obviously be used to rule out key plot developments & thus spoil directions the movie WILL go in) I don't give a crap what he says, or about the fact they're not using his ideas. He sold it & (unbelievably, considering all the trouble he went through to keep so much of it for so long) Star Wars isn't his any more.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »

Just heard the new trailer is rumoured to be attached to Avengers 2!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »

I still don't like that Stormtrooper helmet design, but that's a pretty good trailer... getting more excited for eps7...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 10:39:49 PM »

The trailer was good overall, but I have a number of complaints unfortunately:

1) Do not like the Stormy design at all. Too Hello Kitty or something.

2) The Sith Lord looks like a previously used video game Sith Lord to me, one that had a figure even - Darth Revan?

3) Chewie looks very odd at the end? Please for the love of God tell me he's not cg.....

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 12:00:34 AM »

I can't wait! I hope the trailer with Age of Ultron is much longer because I'm kicking myself for having watched this on my computer... damn my curiosity!
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »

I'm expecting it to be the same one but still looking forward to seeing it huge! And then Age of Ultron of course!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

JJ - Chewie is not CG - Peter Mayhew plays him. However, Peter Mayhew can barely walk out on stage now, so not sure how they are going to work with that.  Either a double or a CG version?

I agree that the Sith Lord looks like Darth Revan.  I'm ok with that, as I like the look.

Overall, I think the trailer was great.  The crashed Star Destroyer was cool.  The x-wings are awesome, and seeing the Falcon with Han and Chewie gave me goosebumps.  The voice over of Luke was cool, as well.  8 more months!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »

Was that Luke for sure?  I couldn't tell if it was him 100%.  Making me wonder if Luke had two kids and he's now "the father" being referenced.

Still not happy with the square radar dish.....

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »

JJ - Chewie is not CG - Peter Mayhew plays him. However, Peter Mayhew can barely walk out on stage now, so not sure how they are going to work with that.  Either a double or a CG version?

I agree that the Sith Lord looks like Darth Revan.  I'm ok with that, as I like the look.

Overall, I think the trailer was great.  The crashed Star Destroyer was cool.  The x-wings are awesome, and seeing the Falcon with Han and Chewie gave me goosebumps.  The voice over of Luke was cool, as well.  8 more months!

OHHH MY GAWD THAT The STAR DESTROYER and CraShed X-WING...HOLY MOLy !!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 08:24:40 AM »

& Ahmed Best played JarJar :) I have watched Chewie at the end of the trailer now at least 5x, and there is just something about his look & movement (too jerky?) that makes me worry he's been cg'd over top of Peter in the suit. I am really hoping my eyes are going though, as that will come pretty close to ruining the whole thing for me.  :speechless-smiley-004:

EDITED: watched it again (and again, and again). I'm still up in the air. I think it's the way the head & mouth move on the costume - I wonder if maybe they're controlled differently than the original suit or something? Not sure why, out of all the different things rushing past my eyes in those 100 seconds this is the thing I'm stuck on....  :speechless-smiley-004:

I have a feeling Daisy Ridley's popularity is going to skyrocket......  :character0005:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:32:24 AM by jjreason »

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »

I see your point, JJ.  Honestly, though, it may just be that Peter Mayhew's movements are jerky now.  Seriously, his movement was very poor, sadly, and even his voice warbled quite badly, so head shaking wouldn't be out of the question.  As much as I agree with the principle of re-hiring the old actors, maybe this is one time where they should have looked elsewhere?  Although Chewie is 30 years older, too, so maybe he is meant to be a little run down?  The suit also is likely different, although I hope it is very close to the original.  Anyway, I guess we'll see in 8 months.  I hope it is enough like the old Chewie that it doesn't detract from the movie...
I think all 3 of the new stars are going to become popular (just like the big 3 from the OT).  Daisy Ridley may become the biggest, especially since she is the least known now.
I am pretty sure it is Mark Hamill's voice.  I listened several times.  It took me a while to be sure he said "I have it" and not "I had it" - I was starting to worry that he "lost" the force or something, so that is why there is an awakening :tongue0024:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169084
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 70
Total: 72

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 38 queries.