Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 06:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sideshow Collectibles Sixth Scale R2-D2 figure  (Read 1153 times)

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Sideshow Collectibles Sixth Scale R2-D2 figure
« on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »

I got in the Sideshow 1/6th scale R2-D2 a few days back and i must say it is a very nice piece, best R2 high end figure to date.

I have no major issues with it, the dome seam line that people are talking about just doesn't stand out at all on my figure and this comes with a nice array of accessories to boot while surprisingly for it being a Sideshow figure, i feel they really got the scale right where Medicom failed, and the overall sculpt and detailing really gives this an authentic screen accurate look even if some of the weathering is not bang on to the OT.

My only nitpicks would be that i wish they painted the body white or eggshell white whatever it supposed to be then apply the right blues/silver and weathering,and some of the paint apps could be a bit more bold and clean, plastic(mainly on the body) feels similar to the type used on their clone trooper figures.

I am really dying now to have a Johnny 5 from Short Circuit in this scale now, wish Sideshow would take on that project.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:17:28 PM by Valfar »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Collectibles Sixth Scale R2-D2 figure
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »

Looks outstanding, thanks for the review and photos.  :)`

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »

Is the scale correct with the Bespin Luke? R2 looks a little large to me. I know both are classed as 1/6 scale but with Luke being Hot Toys and R2 being Sideshow I passed on picking up R2 because scales don't always measure up between companies.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

Looks outstanding, thanks for the review and photos.  :)`

No problemo.

As for how this scales next to Hot Toys Bespin Luke, if anything R2 could maybe need another quarter of an inch to be pretty much bang on but, these scale very good together and with all other SS figures with the exception of Sideshow Vader(both ANH and ESB/ROTJ) since they are scaled a bit too tall but, really most if not all of the Sideshow and Hot Toys figures scale well together, its Medicom that is usually scaled smaller, their droids are overpriced crap IMO.

Another first here with this Sideshow version of Artoo, aside from finally getting a properly scaled version is its inclusion of alternating lights incorporated into the dome and activates via touch sensitive panel on the right side of the dome and really brings this piece to life.

If I could say one thing this figure is missing, it would be a few sound clips from the OT, Medicom brought that to their revised version but, that figure is a waste of time and money if you want to display it with current and future 1/6th offerings that are not Medicom.

This guy should scale well with the beautiful Tamashii chogokin C3po figure which I think I am passing on and waiting for the Sideshow offering since it has a more weathered look to match this R2 figure more or less based on their first appearance in ANH, has poseable hands as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:03:11 PM by Valfar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169126
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 55
Total: 56

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 38 queries.