Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Young Han Solo: the movie  (Read 1458 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Young Han Solo: the movie
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »

We saw the teaser during the Super Bowl, as a family. Both my girls immediately said they wanted to see it, because it's Han Solo - someone they both know well. Their exposure to Star Wars though so far in their young lives is a lot more varied than many of us had as kids. They've grown up on all the Lego Star Wars videos, Clone Wars & Rebels, etc. So they are used to seeing different versions of these characters. To them, Han Solo does not necessarily equal Harrison Ford.

But I'm with Canadian Jedi - everything looked neat & interesting in the trailer, except the actor does not sell me on him being Han Solo. At all. Harrison Ford is one of those actors who is really hard to follow up, and Han Solo is such an iconic character. But then, there's people who say Sean Connery is the only real James Bond, too. So I suppose it could be what you're used to.

I'm not holding my breath.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »

I have only seen the teaser, but I also am a bit worried that this guy wonít make a good Han Solo. It showed so little, but I have the same concern regarding Donald Glover being Lando. These guys are classic OT characters, and I hope they are done right.

To be fair, I did love Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan in the PT, so maybe these guys can pull it off.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:02 PM »

Ok, I have seen the full teaser now, not just the abbreviated Super Bowl version.  I still am worried about Lando - they donít even have him deliver a line, which makes me worry that he is not a great Lando and they are hiding it. The Han is not outstanding in this, either. However, I will definitely see it and reserve my judgement until a few viewings.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »

I don't know if anyone noticed but the Falcon in the trailer is the original McQuarie design, not what we've always been used to. 

I do like the soundtrack though. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 07:48:09 PM »

Yes, Yakface.com has a special feature up on it - the new/old Falcon that is.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 09:17:32 PM »

Ok, I have seen the full teaser now, not just the abbreviated Super Bowl version.  I still am worried about Lando - they donít even have him deliver a line, which makes me worry that he is not a great Lando and they are hiding it. The Han is not outstanding in this, either. However, I will definitely see it and reserve my judgement until a few viewings.

Are you kidding me?  Donald Glover is amazing in everything he's ever been in.  He's practically the reason I can be assured a quality performance in this movie (And Harrelson is normally quite good even though I'm not always chuffed with the characters he plays)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »

Are you kidding me?  Donald Glover is amazing in everything he's ever been in.  He's practically the reason I can be assured a quality performance in this movie (And Harrelson is normally quite good even though I'm not always chuffed with the characters he plays)
No, Iím not kidding. Hayden Christensen was praised for everything he had been in before Episode 2 (higher ground, life as a house) and look how that turned out. I am just worried that the fact they donít show any significant scene with him means they are worried about what fans will think. I hope I am overthinking it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:33:13 PM by brianakarobin »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »

Award winning Benecio Del Toro didn't exactly win any rave reviews from me as DJ so there are no guarantees.... but I am a Donald Glover (and Childish Gambino) fan, so I'm very hopeful he kills it as Lando.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 07:21:10 AM »

No, Iím not kidding. Hayden Christensen was praised for everything he had been in before Episode 2 (higher ground, life as a house) and look how that turned out. I am just worried that the fact they donít show any significant seen with him means they are worried about what fans will think. I hope I am overthinking it.

Hayden was a teenager when AOTC was being filmed, with little to no cred at all (Life as a House was ok)

Glover is now 35 years old with a boatload of cred.  I don't think it's even a close comparison - Alden is a much close comparison but even then he's got more behind him than Hayden ever did.

You can go ahead and be worried for the movie for a lot of reason , but worry not about the Donald

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 01:43:27 PM »

You know, here's what I would like to see in the Solo movie.  I love cameos, Rouge One had a few.  I just love that stuff.  When I read a few reviews for Rouge One they actually complained about the cameos.  I don't get that, I'm a fan, I want to see cameos.  Boba Fett, Vader, Tarkin, Jabba, Tonnika Sisters, etc.. I don't care, I just want some. 

I wanna see something new.  Like when Vader started slicing up Rebel Troops.  Or when Kylo Ren froze the blaster fire.  I just want to have a "wow, that was cool" moment. 

The full trailer will probably drop in March, so we will have to wait till then to see anything more.

Oh, I did see that Kathleen Kennedy say that George stopped by for a quick visit on set while Ron Howard was directing.  What was supposed to be a short visit turned into several hours and George pretty much taking over the scene that was being filmed.  Well, ok, not taking over, but he did make some suggestions to Ron Howard and apparently Ron used them and they end up in the final cut. 

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »

No, Iím not kidding. Hayden Christensen was praised for everything he had been in before Episode 2 (higher ground, life as a house) and look how that turned out. I am just worried that the fact they donít show any significant seen with him means they are worried about what fans will think. I hope I am overthinking it.

Hayden was a teenager when AOTC was being filmed, with little to no cred at all (Life as a House was ok)

Glover is now 35 years old with a boatload of cred.  I don't think it's even a close comparison - Alden is a much close comparison but even then he's got more behind him than Hayden ever did.

You can go ahead and be worried for the movie for a lot of reason , but worry not about the Donald
My point is simply that past performance doesnít mean everything. If you donít like the Hayden comparison, how about Natalie Portman? She had been nominated for and won various awards for roles in films like Leon (the professional), Everyone Says I Love You, Beautiful Girls, etc. And yet she was underwhelming in the prequels, partly due to the writing and partly the directing. So, if they wrote the part poorly and the directing wasnít great, then it could be a crappy Lando no matter who is playing him.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »

I am just hoping Han Solo gets a proper death scene in this movie since they did such a bad job in TFA.   :u:

Do I sense a Star Trek time loop about to happen?  :P
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »

Well pics of the 6" SOLO figures are now out.  Check out the "pimp coat Stormtrooper" (that's "Range trooper" for those who want to use the official nomenclature, but let's face it, we're gonna call this guy the pimp coat Stormtrooper from now unto eternity)

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/14/hasbro-reveals-solo-star-wars-story-figures-285714

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:01 PM »

All four of these new six inch figures look pretty good to me.  I guess I will have to have them.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »

That is one pimping coat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169371
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 38 queries.