Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 12:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SA 3.75" figures live...!!!  (Read 1434 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
SA 3.75" figures live...!!!
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:58:40 AM »

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=16101

Sweet Jebus... a sight for sore eyes.

edit: wait... they STILL haven't corrected Jedi Luke's hair?!?  Come on, spend a little money there, Hasbro.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:06:22 AM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: SA 3.75" figures live...!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 01:06:02 AM »

That's great that they have something, but those figures are giving me sore eyes all on their own.  :speechless-smiley-004:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:28:38 AM »

Oh hell no... not Walmart...

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=16104

The first wave of the new STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 3 3/4-inch line is currently available for purchase on Walmart.com and features EPISODE VI DARTH VADER, EPISODE VI LUKE SKYWALKER, and EPISODE IV CHEWBACCA. The second wave, featuring a brand new EPISODE IV PRINCESS LEIA figure and the first two figures based on STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER and KYLO REN), are available to pre-order now on Walmart.com. Both waves will be available in stores in the next few months.  Additional 3 ¾-inch figures will be coming later in 2015.

Later in 2015?  Just how much later can it get once you get past "next few months"? lol...   Obviously that Leia is the Ceremony Leia we were promised, maybe she won't look like Anne Hathaway when she's finally released.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:34:17 AM by napseeker »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »

So we'll finally get our 3-3/4'' SA figures!! YES!!

And don't worry. Pretty sure Walmart Canada will get these a plenty. The pegs are ready for these. The packaging is quadrilingual. There is not way these do not make it here. Even in Quebec. You'll see.  :)` :D

And the fact that we get repacks for the OT, I couldn't care less for now. All I really want are those TFA SA 3-3/4'' figures. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »

Head over to JediInsider... they have pics of the Ceremony Leia in the new packaging and more importantly the FO Stormtrooper in his SA goodness (yet sadly I'll admit that the 5POA version is better sculpted... something about the helmet on the SA version looks off)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

Having a hard time finding out whether or not the OT figures (other than Ceremony Leia) are repacks/repaints/kitbashes or all new. Anyone seen anything? I may have asked this before... sorry if that's the case.....  :speechless-smiley-004:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »

Having a hard time finding out whether or not the OT figures (other than Ceremony Leia) are repacks/repaints/kitbashes or all new. Anyone seen anything? I may have asked this before... sorry if that's the case.....  :speechless-smiley-004:

Well the first wave are repacks (TVC Jedi Luke, Chewie, and a very old sculpt Vader).

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »

Paul at JTA recently had a conversation with a Hasbro rep and got this response to your question,

"I developed a strong conversation surrounding The Black Series [Phase III] 3.75” Walmart exclusive line. Fortunately, Hasbro’s designer Steve was able to join in on the conversation. (More on this soon.) Just like The Force Awakens line, not all of the TBS3.75 figures made it out. We should be seeing more of wave 1 shortly as well. Wave 2 will go up for pre-order sometime this month, but likely won’t hit Walmart brick and mortar until November. Hasbro explained that all of the Original Trilogy figures released in this line will be repacks. There will be NO NEW Original Trilogy figures. (The same is true for Prequel Trilogy figures.) The focus is on The Force Awakens right now and any slots for OT will be figure we have already seen at an earlier time (save for the delayed Princess Leia)."  - Paul H. @ JTA

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=16423/#details
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 06:44:59 PM »

Well that clears it up perfectly. Thank you for that!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 07:32:35 AM »

I am not sure if this is good or bad news.   I was on Amazon.com and found they had all the figures from the last 2 SA 3/ 3/4" waves that I wanted.  Shipping was not that much and if you have a problem amazon will take care of you so I bit decided to buy them.  Some I purchased from amazon it self and 2 others from resellers that were being fulfilled by amazon.  When I got the package the interesting thing was the packaging from the resellers.   

It was all blank on the back except for a little blurb at the top talking about the characters then the whole middle section was blank except for the picture of the character and then at the bottom was the Hasbro Quebec address.   No multi language writing.

So this is either good news we are getting these waves or it is bad news that they are being dumped to other resellers instead of making there way to the Canadian market.

I hope I am the bearer of good news but these were American resellers with these cards that were at one point destined for Canada.

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 09:43:59 AM »

You mean the Mossep Bineed & Leia Boushh waves? I got a few through Amazon as well, but they had the full US packaging (which looked like it had been run over by a tank - but I digress as the figures inside were perfectly ok). I'm wondering if those were ones where a sticker was going to be applied before they got to market - but someone decided not to bother since they were never going to get there. Very interesting anyhow.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »

Purchased SA Chewie at WalMart. I didn't want to, but I was powerless when I beheld his true awesomeness in person - SO disappointed I spent the same amount of money on that latest Black Series version with the dopey looking new head when I see the two side by side.  :speechless-smiley-004:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 25
Total: 27

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 38 queries.