Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Batch of 6" Exclusives  (Read 1406 times)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
New Batch of 6" Exclusives
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:19:29 PM »

Over the last week or so there have been several 6" exclusives announced.  What are peoples thoughts on them and does anyone have set plans to grab any or all?

I have a pre-order set with TRU for the Snowtrooper commander and I am hoping to end up with the four stormie/clone set from Amazon.  The EE imperial four pack is interesting too, but that one will depend on price/available funds as too whether I get it or not.  The one that I have little to probably no interest in is the Emperor's Wrath Vader.  I am not a fan of the Vader that has been released so to buy another one with a purple helmet at an escalated price will probably not happen.

I'm hoping that the photo for the boxed set from Amazon is just an error and that the plastic tray is somehow not set in right because as it sits in the photo all four figures heads are cut-off and hidden behind the top of the packing.  It looks like they should/could sit lower so I'm hoping it looks right when they ship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011EG5DG4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B011EG5DG4&linkCode=as2&tag=thejeditemp09-20&linkId=BFRSQMV6KJDNUUCF
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

DarthTofu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: New Batch of 6" Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:11:23 AM »

The Amazon 4-pack was released this past week, I haven't seen it on .ca, but .com ships to Canada for an extra cost. I'm hoping it shows on .ca soon.

The Death Star

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 04:50:24 PM »

Has it been confirmed to be available on .ca as well ?
MTFBWY

DarthTofu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »

Here's the page: http://www.amazon.ca/STAR-Black-6-Inch-Stormtrooper-4-Pack/dp/B011EG5DG4/

Currently only being offered by a 3rd party seller.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »

I can't wait to spend $787 for these four little guys - even if they were life size for this price!

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »

I can't wait to spend $787 for these four little guys - even if they were life size for this price!

LOL  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
At THAT price they must have been!  :winking0071:

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »

Has it been confirmed to be available on .ca as well ?

These figures could come to Amazon.ca but I highly doubt it.  They were a pre-order item for a few months now on the US site and are now shipping.  If they were coming to the Canadian site I would think they would be on there now.  The third party listing that there is a link to in the above post doesn't even make mention that it is an Amazon exclusive in it's description.

It's a roll of the dice to wait for the Canadian site.  It's definitely a bump in price when you have to pay the shipping and crazy bad exchange rate but if you want this set it might be wise to bite the bullet and get one before they're gone.  With no way of knowing how many they have it's impossible to tell if it's an item that will sell out or if it will be blown out at clearance prices? ???  I pre-ordered weeks ago and my set should be here soon but if they end up on clearance in the $50-60 range or less I might grab one or two more.

On another note pertaining to six inch exclusives (not coming to Canada...  :mad0177:) I received in the mail on Monday the Poe Dameron/Crowd Control F.O. Stormtrooper set from a fellow collector.  It is a great set and another that I would suggest securing at the best possible price a.s.a.p.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=2342

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »

They were available on amazon's canadian site (sold by amazon.ca and thus qualified for free shipping) last week for something like $105 + tax (IIRC). When I saw these, there were only 2 left. I passed on them...

But who knows if they'll get some more sooner or later?

DarthTofu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »

On another note pertaining to six inch exclusives (not coming to Canada...  :mad0177:) I received in the mail on Monday the Poe Dameron/Crowd Control F.O. Stormtrooper set from a fellow collector.  It is a great set and another that I would suggest securing at the best possible price a.s.a.p.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=2342

How much did you end up paying for the set? I'm wondering what's a reasonable price to bite for these guys, I really like the Riot Gear Trooper.

They were available on amazon's canadian site (sold by amazon.ca and thus qualified for free shipping) last week for something like $105 + tax (IIRC). When I saw these, there were only 2 left. I passed on them...

But who knows if they'll get some more sooner or later?

Hopefully they restock, I know the US site has restocked since the initial release, but obviously US has more buying power.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »

How much did you end up paying for the set? I'm wondering what's a reasonable price to bite for these guys, I really like the Riot Gear Trooper.

I got really lucky actually.  I was griping on another site about this set not coming to Canada and out of the blue a collector on that board offered to set me up with one for the items cost, $39.99USD, plus shipping.  It's a nice set.

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Geologist, now not-in-training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 12:29:52 AM »

I see the Wally World/Battlefront Shockstormtrooper has started hitting all over the place in the states today. Anyone see or even hear if we will be seeing this up here? I'd love to snag one of them.

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170111
  • Total Topics: 14396
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 37 queries.