Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 06:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOPPS Star Wars Card Trader App  (Read 1014 times)

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
TOPPS Star Wars Card Trader App
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »

i couldn't see a previous thread about this, but if one has already been started, then please let me know.

I finally got around to downloading this app a couple of weeks ago and I am seriously addicted! I know Darth Chadus has been using it for a while, but if anyone else wants to trade, my username is ADAMIRALACKBAR.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
Re: TOPPS Star Wars Card Trader App
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »

I was just about to start a new topic on this.

I've been playing this for about a month (I don't know if playing is the right term) and I am hooked. 

Basically it's just buying and trading cards.  You get 25,000 credits a day for logging in to buy packs of cards with.  Card packs cost anywhere from 2,500 to 750,000.  You can play for free or use real world money.  I will confess I've dropped a few bucks on it to try to finish sets and get rewards. 

There are #'ed inserts, autographs, limited edition, and basically everything real world card packs have.  If you are new, you can get free packs your first couple of days to get started. 

If anybody else is using this app my name is wadeantley and I'll give you five stars for trades!
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »

Seriously, people on here need to download this app.  I need trading partners. 

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Geologist, now not-in-training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:55:21 AM »

IM in the app boys. Same name as here. Iíve been around it since the end of week 1, well over 2 years ago now, so Iíve got lots of fun stuff. Spend more than I should but itís fun. Or I keep telling myself that.

Anyway, send me a friend add and a trade.

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »

In the words of Kevin McAlister, "I'll give it a whirl"
Same name as here

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 01:10:08 AM »

IM in the app boys. Same name as here. Iíve been around it since the end of week 1, well over 2 years ago now, so Iíve got lots of fun stuff. Spend more than I should but itís fun. Or I keep telling myself that.

Anyway, send me a friend add and a trade.

Rich

Um, I've actually seen you in the trade feed before.  Your profile pic peaked my interest so I took a look at what you got.  Epic.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:11:11 AM »

Same name as here

Trade sent.  I hoard Yoda but thought I should give you a good card for it. 

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 02:53:48 AM »

Same name as here

Trade sent.  I hoard Yoda but thought I should give you a good card for it.

Awesome choice, I love it! My new favourite card, thanks!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »

So can one of you long-time veterans give me a primer on trading?
I've skimmed through the trade postings in the app, but I'm a bit lost.
Maybe you can fill me in on the shorthand everyone uses, common trade practices, etc, and how to go about actually making the trades.

I've been at it about a month now, and so far using only the free credits I'm at just over 1200 cards, very close to completing the white variants of all 3 current base sets. At the moment I'd be mainly interested in offloading any doubles of the handful of inserts that I have, in exchange for any other inserts. I assume I'll eventually get complete base sets of of at least white, probably blue, and maybe even red just through regular day-to-day pack buying?

Also, do any of you have collecting strategies? Particularly for someone who doesn't plan to spend any real money on it. Anything to watch out for, avoid, or not waste my credits on? So far I've been grabbing packs of cards from the "limited time" sets that pop up so I can get as many of those inserts as possible before they sell out. Then I move on to the open sets. I love packs from sets like Galactic Alphabet and Galactic Fun that are only 2500 credits per pack - can buy twice the number of packs as usual.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »

I'll post more on the weekend.

Right now many collectors are "hoarding" because there is a special Monument award on Jan 1st.  Usually you get your name engraved on the back of the card forever. 

I'm caught up in the hoarding frenzy.  Yoda. 

I do spend $$.  I like chasing rare cards.  I also have cut back and only collect sets that I like.  I was collecting every set but then I realized that I don't really like some sets, so why bother. 

I also make my kids play so I can steal their cards. 

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »

Right now many collectors are "hoarding" because there is a special Monument award on Jan 1st.  Usually you get your name engraved on the back of the card forever. 

I do spend $$.  I like chasing rare cards.  I also have cut back and only collect sets that I like.  I was collecting every set but then I realized that I don't really like some sets, so why bother. 

I wondered what hoarding was all about.
Dang, I never thought of having family members play too and stealing their cards. Maybe I'll load it on my wife's phone and the old phone I gave my kids to play with!

Question: I've figured out that new inserts are released intermittently over time, and that the best chance to pull one is to buy the packs as soon after release as possible. I see the info screen for some packs show a time of day, some show just a day of the week, some nothing - there doesn't seem to be any clear consistency? How do you know for sure when the new stuff hits, or do I just have to keep checking all the time?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:13:35 PM by Wedge1021 »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

I wondered what hoarding was all about.
Dang, I never thought of having family members play too and stealing their cards. Maybe I'll load it on my wife's phone and the old phone I gave my kids to play with!

Question: I've figured out that new inserts are released intermittently over time, and that the best chance to pull one is to buy the packs as soon after release as possible. I see the info screen for some packs show a time of day, some show just a day of the week, some nothing - there doesn't seem to be any clear consistency? How do you know for sure when the new stuff hits, or do I just have to keep checking all the time?

Bottom left corner next to the stormtrooper helmet is a satellite and thats the news feed.  Tells you what sets are being released (albeit right when they get released) and tells you if they are daily or weekly. 

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »

I like to collect the "Marathon" type sets, where they drop one card per week.  I've found that's more my style rather than the daily released card sets.  Not saying I don't jump on those sets too because I just completed the Masterwork Selects set plus the Phasma meld card.  Fan's Choice, Out of the Box, Retro-Active, etc.. are more my style though.  I haven't gotten into the Widevision though, they are usually sold out by the time I see the notification. 

Speaking of Widevision... there has been some HUGE drama on the app over the last few weeks.  So Topps released a pack/set that had (I think 250) low card count cards (1 card count & autographs) for just over $1000 real world money.  As crazy as that is, they did sell some.  Well meanwhile, there was a screw-up with a Praetorian Guard Widevision card drop.  The screw-up was so bad that they had to freeze the card, from trades, and remove it from the overall award that it was going to be part of.  So many people complained about it that Topps offered everyone a refund that was buying the Widevision packs.  Well then they screw-up again.....instead of giving everyone back (in-app) credits they gave crystals (crystals are premium currency, in other words real money). People were getting so many crystals back they jumped on that super pack that was like 40,000 crystals (over $1000 real money).  Tons of the super packs were sold before Topps caught it, so now the people that actually spent $1000 on (fake) cards, no longer have the "elite" cards that they paid for because everyone started getting them.  So now, Topps has angered their high end paid players.  What a gong show that was.  I, unfortunately did not get in on any of that action because I never buy the Widevision cards.

Maybe Richkulach can offer more comments on that.

Anyway, I started to develop a taste for signature cards.  Trying to build my collection to compete with Richkulach.   :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 28
Total: 29

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 40 queries.