Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TFA 5 POA figures  (Read 2821 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
TFA 5 POA figures
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

I've bought several of these with the intention that they become my youngest kid's figures but if I'm honest also to see if I could live with 5 POA if SA becomes extinct or too expensive or difficult to find.

My current feeling: Nice sculpts, posing is not terrible but once you get a figure that should really be holding a weapon with two hands (flamethrower trooper for example) you really feel the lack of articulation. His only pose is "relaxed" unless you want to believe he'd be able to one hand such a weapon. Maybe some swivel upper arms or some ability to put the weapon in two hands would be a better feature. Either that of pre-pose the arms to hold it the correct way. Not ideal but at this point the limitation goes the other way posed to "wait neutrally for action".

So far I have opened Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma and the Flamethrower Trooper. The first two seem fine to me in terms of their limited articulation not being an obvious hindrance to enjoyment. I would like if Captain Phasma could hold her weapon in two hands but it seemed less obviously a problem than the trooper for me anyway.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:35:21 AM by sinkie »

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 5 POA figures
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »

Rey's Speeder - Rey (Jakku) figure? 4 POA. No head/neck articulation. Again, nice sculpt, sits "well enough" but can't look up from console at the handle bars! Look out!!!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »

Fun stuff seeing my 5 year old getting into new Star Wars! He thinks this is MY Captain Phasma btw that I gave him permission to play with…I already gave him a Kylo Ren so I don't want him thinking he gets a new action figure every other day! ;) Of course, I'm not expecting it back and waiting on a SA version myself! And yes he keeps his playroom in "active" mode…or in total chaos mode as my wife sees it!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »

I have felt it..... the pull to the..... 5POA figures.  :(

I don't if they'll get around to making SA Guavian Enforcer, Snowtrooper, or General Hux... and I've had each of these figures in my hands now on more than one occasion, preparing to buy them. I'm just so damned against sending the Hasbro the message that I want these as MY figures in MY collection when I really want them to make the better versions.

All that being said, I keep coming back to them. No purchase yet though. Anyone got them? The look good in the package, how's the quality of these ones in particular?

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:05:10 PM »

Quality is fine on all.  I've bought them all...

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »

I have felt it..... the pull to the..... 5POA figures.  :(

I don't if they'll get around to making SA Guavian Enforcer, Snowtrooper, or General Hux... and I've had each of these figures in my hands now on more than one occasion, preparing to buy them. I'm just so damned against sending the Hasbro the message that I want these as MY figures in MY collection when I really want them to make the better versions.

All that being said, I keep coming back to them.

Somewhere, in Nantucket, a Hasbro executive rubs his hands with glee: "I have you now..."

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 01:07:15 AM »

Has anyone of repute divined Hasbro's intentions for the next few waves of SA figures? I'd like to see what's coming down the pike before deciding yay or nay on a few specific ones.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 05:54:41 AM »

Has anyone of repute divined Hasbro's intentions for the next few waves of SA figures? I'd like to see what's coming down the pike before deciding yay or nay on a few specific ones.

These guys got the list of upcoming figures from Dorkside:
http://4lomkuss.com/new-upcoming-tfa-figures-and-wish-list/

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »

That's a list of 5POA figures (which is related to the thread title). jj was asking for a list of upcoming SA figures. I would love to know that as well. I don't think there's been any indication of what to expect for SA figures at all. Only vague rumours of a VOTC line at TRU and the continuation of the SA Black series at walmart.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 06:36:48 PM »

That's a list of 5POA figures (which is related to the thread title). jj was asking for a list of upcoming SA figures. I would love to know that as well. I don't think there's been any indication of what to expect for SA figures at all. Only vague rumours of a VOTC line at TRU and the continuation of the SA Black series at walmart.
So he was.   Can't help you there.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 10:48:27 AM »

Looks like some good case assortments by Hasbro coming up, based on that link from Darthpaul. Hopefully they all make it up here.  :speechless-smiley-004:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 08:07:59 PM »

Almost a year later, I broke down & bought 2 5POA single carded figures. Unkar Plut & Taso Leach, both at the $7.92 price point. I foresee a 0 percent chance of them getting made in any better format. If anyone has Hux or an extra Guavian Enforcer from this line - loose & without the build-a-gun part would be fine - hit me up.

Oh, and I bought the Rogue One Imperial Ground Crew trooper at the same price as I can't see them getting made either. Passed on Jyn as I know the SA version will make up for both versions released so far - and I'm rolling the dice we'll get "Resistance Rey" in the EPVIII SA lineup.

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 01:30:01 AM »

The same kind of thoughts raced through my mind when I saw some rollout prices on amazon this morning...

So after almost 1 year and after reading your comment, I also went for some 5 POA.

2-pack Sidon Ithano/First Made Quiggold at 12.60
Hassk Thug, Imperial Ground Crew and Constable Zuvio (don't judge me, he can make a great Tatooine generic citizen) at 5.99
Unkar's thug, Jakku Scavenger and BB-8 3-pack (wasn't reduced but found price ''reasonable'' for BB-8 and 2 generic desert folks)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 05:12:19 AM »

Those same 2 packs are on my list of wants as well. I will check amazon, good idea.

EDITED: Had everything I wanted in my cart at Hasbrotoyshop.ca for $49.95 - add the shipping & tax, it went up to almost $100 - $32 for shipping & another $10 in taxes. Seriously, guys? No thanks.  :speechless-smiley-004:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:06:51 AM by jjreason »

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »

Did you find Ithano yet? I saw one at a Canadian Tire and I think the snow trooper/Snap set. Both would probably be at the 9.99 price point. I probably can't get back there until after the holidays but let me know if you want me to look for ya! I am in Montreal. However, I do have a friend in Waterloo. I don't make frequent trips but he is coming to visit new year's...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170155
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 58
Total: 61

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.