Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 02:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru?  (Read 1188 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru?
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:08 PM »

Who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru?

http://www.starwarsjunk.net/who-killed-the-lars.html

Interesting speculation... he kind of has a point about how the Stormies didn't kill the Tantive rebels, why murder Owen and Beru?
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Who killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »

Hahahaha! Funny! It would maybe makes sense that Tatooine locals would think Luke could have killed his uncle and aunt!! LOL  :tongue0024:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 11:39:35 AM »

George's bad writing is the only culprit of course. Obviously he always meant that the stormtroopers did it. I'm sure there's no hiding game here in the script (he's not subtle enough for that kind of game). It's just that he needed Luke to move on and did not want to loose screen time for Luke's mourning (which the farmboy must have need since they were his only family)... and maybe nobody related to the script didn't even thought about the need for Luke to mourn anyway.

Speculating is cool though, but I cannot believe that this guy is seriously believing himself  ;D

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »

Also, the scene in which Luke discovers his crispy relatives clearly shows him approaching the crime scene on his landspeeder. So how does the "Luke killing them thingy" happens?

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

Yeah, either Luke had a black out that is kept off screen and he truly believes he's finding his aunt and uncle dead or he killed them BEFORE heading out to find the missing R2 and before even knowing Ben would ask him to leave the planet with him? That doesn't make sense to me. He'd also have had to find the Sandcrawler no? Or was that just a coincidence that Luke hoped would happen so he could blame his double murder on them as well. The Luke theory is weak at best. Kenobi would have more time/motive but it would be very out of character for him. Fett retconned makes a bit more sense. I'm fine with it being stormtroopers that had their orders changed to be more ruthless, or even that it was sort of an escalation of questioning, an attempt by Uncle Owen to perhaps fight back, that backfires and results in them being trapped by a fire that they attempted but failed to escape.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »

Interesting speculation... he kind of has a point about how the Stormies didn't kill the Tantive rebels, why murder Owen and Beru?

Going by their aim in the movies, a stormtrooper couldn't kill someone if the person was holding the stormie's blaster in his mouth for him. Though that goes for pretty much any movie with a firefight.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:04:28 PM »

Also, the scene in which Luke discovers his crispy relatives clearly shows him approaching the crime scene on his landspeeder. So how does the "Luke killing them thingy" happens?

No, no re-read it... the author never says he thinks Luke could be one of the killers. He's having a bit of fun by speculating that the residents of the area would've logically pinned the murder on Luke:

If you are a local from Tatooine then the answer is pertty easy. Luke Skywalker. Who has the motivation to see them dead? The young farm boy who wanted nothing more than to leave his home for a 'great adventure'. Luke Skywalker, who also ran off to join the rebellion, the day they were killed. The same Luke Skywalker that killed thousands when he attacked the Death Star. That's how people on Tatooine saw it. What about us the fans?

I hope no one's really taking the author seriously; he's clearly just having a bit of fun poking at the whole notion that it might not have been the obvious culprits (the Empire) to blame for the deaths. Obi-Wan is a serious reach, Boba Fett less so, but one could just say that it was a case of accidental bad timing. The Stormies came to the Lars farm, questioned the two, left, then Beru's blue pasta caught fire in the kitchen and the house burned down with them desperately trying to escape but failing to do so.  The Jawas?  Maybe Ben's analysis was wrong and it really was Tuskens...

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »

Can't remember quite how it went but the accidental burning was done on Robot Chicken if I recall...

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »

My guess is that Owen and Beru tried to protect Luke from the Empire. They perhaps did a last heroic stand by not wanting to answer questions about the droids, even though the Stormtroopers clearly had evidence (from the Jawas they killed further down the road) that the farmers did in fact buy these droids.

Let's not forget that Vader (or their commanding officers) probably gave clear instructions to get rid of anyone who could have been in touch with these droids, since they could be in possession of valuable technical readouts of their Death Star Battle Station. It only makes a lot of sense they would kill and destroy evidence that the Empire was stolen these important documents.

But I really like Luke being seen as the perpetrator of this gruesome crime. LOL  :P
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »

No, no re-read it... the author never says he thinks Luke could be one of the killers. He's having a bit of fun by speculating that the residents of the area would've logically pinned the murder on Luke:

I seem to recall that being mentioned in a novel or comic or something, where the locals always wondered what really happened and there were all sorts or rumours and theories being thrown around amongst them. One of the theories was Luke.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »

Yup, it's always the quiet ones that snap and go on a rampage   :winking0071:

Think about it: Luke did listen to a "voice in his head" and subsequently kill thousands of people after the mysterious death of Lars and Beru... the pattern fits  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

edit: I saw this in the talkback over on AiCN, never heard this one before but it sorta fits into this conversation.

Roderick T. long NoQuarter

I remember reading in a Mark Hamill interview years and years ago -- like, before ESB -- that in the very first movie, when Luke finds the charred corpses of his aunt and uncle, Lucas had wanted Hamill to shake his fist at the sky and yell "nooooooooooooooo!" And Hamill had said something like "that seems kind of excessively melodramatic -- can't I just stand there looking stunned instead?" And Lucas had reluctantly agreed.

I guess that was back when people could tell Lucas stuff and he would listen.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:40:17 AM by napseeker »

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »

Let's see. In Troops, Aunt Beru kills Uncle Owen in front of the troopers because she wanted Luke to be able to go to the Academy.

Another place I read that the line from Empire Strikes Back explains that it was Boba Fett who killed them. When the bounty hunters are on the Executor, Vader turns to Fett and says, "And no disintegrations." to which the reply is "as you wish". Fett disintergrated someone in the past and the common speculation is the Lars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 64
Total: 65

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 38 queries.