Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TFA Super-articulated figures  (Read 3611 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
TFA Super-articulated figures
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »

http://news.toyark.com/2015/09/24/star-wars-black-series-3-75-inch-update-han-rey-poe-and-finn-176581

It looks like both Finn and Poe have BJ hips, which is great, except that Hasbro seems to still have done a poor job implementing them (the "diaper" look is back in full force, no pun intended).

Astounded they are shipping that barrel chest Endor Han again, but I'll both he, Chewie and Jedi Luke are simply from the production runs used to make the Jabba battlepack and the recent Battle on Endor battlepack.  Cheaper for Hasbro that way to place a big production on those 3 figures and slot them into wave1, despite almost every collector already owning these three.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Super-articulated figures
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »

Rey seems the only one worth buying. Finn and Poe's diaper looks kills it for me. This Vader with shrunken helmet and swivel elbows is completely outdated.

I'm so disappointed with this SA line  :shakehead:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

Rey seems the only one worth buying. Finn and Poe's diaper looks kills it for me. This Vader with shrunken helmet and swivel elbows is completely outdated.

I'm so disappointed with this SA line  :shakehead:

What about Kylo and the Trooper?

I agree with the "diaper" look, but like TVC Luke Bespin, I'm sure there's ways to pose these that make them look not so bad. We'll see. But I honestly prefer SA 3-3/4" figures over anything Hasbro has to propose.

Personnally, I don't really care about Luke or Vader, but that Chewie looks okay, at least it's the ROTJ version we got in 2004, instead of the recent Yavin IV Ceremony version, so it's head is for display in a ROTJ setting.

And I honestly don't mind them throwing repacks at us in the lot. In fact, it really looks like Hasbro has decided to go with a formal SA line at the last minute. They packaged what they had in hands very quickly and, like napseeker said, it's clear to me that these repacks came from the recent Battle packs, so they already had a bunch of these sitting in their production plants. But who cares? These repacks are really hole fillers. I'd gladly buy 1-2 if this help keep the SA 3-3/4" line alive.

At least I'll have a nice Rey figure. :)

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »

By the way, here's Chewie... :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

What about Kylo and the Trooper?

Yes, Kylo and Stormie looks good too. I had not seen them before you post these pics. Thank you :)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »

As posted elsewhere I bought Chewie. He's superb, though if I counted the Chewbacca figures at my house right now and calculated the money spent, I'd likely cry or pass out. Maybe both.

DarthTofu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »

If I was just starting to collect 3.75" would this Vader be a good starting rep of him or no? It looks tempting in package when I pass by at Walmart.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »

If I was just starting to collect 3.75" would this Vader be a good starting rep of him or no? It looks tempting in package when I pass by at Walmart.

Unfortunately the answer is no, this is not the Vader that you are looking for.  That Vader can not even hold the lightsaber he is packaged with because when he was first released he came with an alternate hand that could grasp the saber but it was not included with this release.  For the $15 plus tax that I would cost to take this Vader home you could get a better version cheaper (especially if you are looking for a loose version) off ebay or one of the members of this site.  There have been many Vaders released through out the TVC (the vintage collection) and the Black series that were tweaked to be specific to each of the movies so depending on what version of him you wanted there are a few to choose from.  There was an excellent version of Vader released during the end of the orange run of the black series, I think it was numbered #26.  That one is specific to Episode III but if you can over look the small details that make him specific to that movie than he's a good representation with lots of articulation.

Welcome to the boards here, there is a recruitment section if you care to formally introduce yourself.  You've come to a good place to get helpful answers and store reports to help you find new figures when they are released.  Good luck with your collection, let the adventure and the madness begin...

:snowtroopers:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

The only issue with Black Series 26 Vader is the cloak forcing the head to pop off all the time - it's a significant issue though & pretty much ruins the figure from my perspective.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

The only issue with Black Series 26 Vader is the cloak forcing the head to pop off all the time - it's a significant issue though & pretty much ruins the figure from my perspective.

Actually that issue varies from sample to sample.  I just took my sample and tried to pull the head off and it didn't budge.  I know it would come off if I tried harder but I was pulling with force and it didn't pop off.  I can't remember whether or not I had to do any adjusting of the cape and helmet when I opened it but the only thing I can think, which you've probably tried already, is that maybe the cape is preventing the joint to fully snap together.  Maybe if you play around with it a bit more you can get a solid connection of the joint?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »

If I take the cape off I can get the head to secure reasonably well. Not wonderful but ok. The way my cloak hole is cut seems to make it so that way too much cloth impedes the joint, and I'm not comfortable taking scissors to the hole - it would wind up ruined.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 07:53:22 PM »

If I take the cape off I can get the head to secure reasonably well. Not wonderful but ok. The way my cloak hole is cut seems to make it so that way too much cloth impedes the joint, and I'm not comfortable taking scissors to the hole - it would wind up ruined.

Would a cape swap with another Vader help the situation? :confused0024:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »

Would a cape swap with another Vader help the situation? :confused0024:

That figure came in 2 variations: the first with a smaller "neck ball joint", which makes it difficult to keep the head attached, and a second variation with a slightly taller neck joint, which came a little later, helping the figure keep its head on. While it's not 100% full proof, it's still an improvement and the head stays on.

I have both variant. I'll try putting a comparison picture tonight.

The other option would be to use a small bit of "Fun-Tac" or that blue or white putty reusable adhesive you can find in Staples. Put it inside the head and it will do the job.

Frank Herbert

DarthTofu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 11:28:49 AM »

Can someone who has the new 3.75' SA Kylo Ren compare it to the 6' Black Series version? Do they have roughly the same articulation? I saw one in store, but I didnt like how the cloth robe looks.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »

I can't compare to the 6" but I can break down the articulation: Rotating & flexing ankles, swivel & bend knees, ball hips, turning waist, ball shoulders, swivel & bend elbows, swivel wrists. Turning neck. It's a very articulate figure & the more I  play with it the more I feel comfortable making do some action poses. It feels nice & solid too - I'm not getting the sense I'm taxing any of the joints by making them work.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 37 queries.