Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 12:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TFA Super-articulated figures  (Read 3607 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Super-articulated figures
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 01:49:58 PM »

Bit surprised that no one else has posted about the next wave of SA figures yet:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/14/new-star-wars-force-awakens-3-75-inch-black-series-199230

Now if only these were on vintage cards... and cheaper.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »

Hadn't seen the better photos. I guess the collector part of this line is "anything Leia"?

I hope for the people bidding on eBay that these NEVER get released. Otherwise, wow, talk about overpaying! At $15 a pop these will be a steal!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »

Seen these and I'm really thrilled.  ;D

Okay, these are not the versions of the characters we originally wished they'd released. Han Solo in his basic coat would have been better, so would be Leia in her Resistance outfit. But the thing is, it tells us something on what's to come: a 5POA version of General Leia in her Resistance outfit. Mark my words; I'm sure we'll get her soon, maybe as a store exclusive, in a Mission Series pack or in the regular line.

Hasbro is using this Walmart exclusive Black Series 3-3/4" line as a collector-oriented line. So, they will provide us with versions of the characters that are not already covered by the main 5POA line.

This is why we got that particular version of Rey with her hood piece, scarf and gloves. This is why we get Leia in her blue robes and why we get Han in his Resistance winter outfit. We already have a version of Han in his basic outfit as part of the 5POA line and Hasbro probably didn't want customers to hesitate between the core product and the new BS walmart exclusive version. Thus the reason why we get a different version of this character.

It would have been cool to have a soft goods cape for Phasma, but so be it. I won't complain. I'm too thrilled to finally know that the SA line is not completely over. I was really worried for a while. So I'm willing to buy whatever they throw at us in this format and complete my background scenes with 5POA figures, as long as they're nicely sculpted. The Hell, like we have any choice now. Damn that 6 inches figures line that Hasbro try to force down our throats...

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 05:35:52 PM »

Hadn't seen the better photos. I guess the collector part of this line is "anything Leia"?

I hope for the people bidding on eBay that these NEVER get released. Otherwise, wow, talk about overpaying! At $15 a pop these will be a steal!

Folks bidding on these figures are morons. I mean, these will most likely get to stores in the coming weeks and they're willing to throw hundreds of dollars on a 15$ figure? Honestly, they're dumb. It's like people who paid 70$ for 6 inches Captain Phasma, just because they couldn't find her in the first 1-2 weeks after her release. Think I've come across her at least 20 times so far in the store. Same goes for Han Solo, Jango Fett and cie. And for the FO Stormtrooper people where fighting about on Sept. 4th (literally seen several guys empty the pegs of this guy, and some screaming at each other in Walmart and TRU looking at one guy buying four at the time!). The thing is, there's simply no rarity in the 6 inches line. They're mass produced. Really mass produced...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »

Really not big on any of them. Phasma was a dud character to me, and the faces on Han & Leia aren't what I would want to pay for. The Astromech is fine, but I feel like I have enough droids that are at least very similar. Ah well, maybe Han & Leia if I like them once I see them in person.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »

I think the expression on Leia's face leaves a lot to be desired.  I can live with Han's.
I am much preferring the six inch sculpts and detailing.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 06:44:30 PM »

There are ebay auctions for Han & Leia currently. The Han looks a lot better in the darker photos & Leia's face is better at the other angle. Maybe there is hope.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 08:48:43 PM »

These look okay. So is this the final wave of Walmart black of the year? Or will there be more?

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »

These look okay. So is this the final wave of Walmart black of the year? Or will there be more?

Difficult to say. My guess: yes for TFA, this is it. But we will surely have something for us coming next Fall for Rogue One.

Frank Herbert

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:23 AM »

Sooooooo... there's a new Indy movie coming in 2019.

You know, way back when, I was hoping that an eventual Indy film would allow Hasbro to continue the Indy Jones SA figures and give us some of the unreleased figures e.g. Capt Katanga, maybe a Belloq in his white suit, Marion in an untorn version of her dress... but you know of course Hasbro, should they even pursue any toys this time given how poorly the first Indy figures did, will just be doing 5POA + action features or ludicrous build-a-xxx accessory.

And should JJ be directing, expect an evil Short-Round to skewer Indy in the chest (but this time, he falls into the fountain of youth and re-emerges as a young Chris Pratt, lol)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 12:15:51 AM »

I would love to see Indy pass the torch to Daisy Ridley, just like Han did. Indy should be like Sean Connery was in Last Crusade this time.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »

Having her become the next Indy would be kind of cool given that we had Ford playing in both Indy/SW. Yeah, I think that could be a very interesting approach.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »

...which would then be followed by Daisy Ridley taking over as the next Blade Runner of course. A trifecta of passing the torch along.

I've already assumed that Ford is making the rounds on a death circuit as he goes back to roles that he made famous and basically puts closure to his characters. I can see BR2 ending with Deckard's death, but would they do the same for Indy? 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »

I am REALLY worried the Bladerunner sequel won't be good. They're a huge risk that only rarely pays off - I'd hate to see the original watered down in any way.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »

There was a novel published a few years back that was to be the sequel to Blade Runner, but by a different author than the original.  It was OK as written works go, but I don't know how good it would be as a movie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 38 queries.