Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Photos of my collection  (Read 2285 times)

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Photos of my collection
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:25 PM »

Here is my "oldest" card - an original 12 back.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 10:25:37 PM »

The vehicles and starships in the acrylic display cases are a unique line from Italy - a company called D'Agostini puts out a subscription service through bookstores in Europe where you get a new model and a descriptive magazine every two weeks.  My daughter was able to order these for me (she lives in Ireland) and I brought them back whenever I visited her.  I think there were about 80 or so of them issued - I have 46 of them.  I pictured a couple here with a 3 3/4 inch Luke so you can see the scale of them.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 10:28:38 PM »

Some of my more unusual pieces include this set of 2" figures from Japan.  I have a set of 8 of them in individual packages and a box set which includes the Naboo fighter.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »

Here is something a bit different.  The Cantina Playset - the same one that featured the famous blue snaggletooth I think.  I also found the Butch and Sundance Saloon set which is the exact same plastic base, just with a different deco to suit the western theme.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 10:35:57 PM »

I got hooked on customs a little while back.  First, once I finished my loose vintage collection, I longed for something to add to it.  Hence my Jabba's Dancer and Gotal which are made in the vintage style but which were never produced until the modern era.  The are right in the center of the first picture.
Also I figured I needed more women, thus these two were added.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »

Here ae a few more rather hard to find vintage pieces.  Two vehicles in very aged packages, and my favorite C-3PO and R2D2 from the Droids series - along with a reproduction Vlix.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »

Lastly, one of my all time faves - a vintage Jawa Sandcrawler, although I show it with mainly modern figures - just because most of my loose vintage figures are locked up in a different display case.

I will try to get something set up with all my pictures in a high resolution format so you can see them more clearly.  This site only allows very small pictures.  More to come soon.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:45:12 PM by old man ben »

The Death Star

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

Here is something a bit different.  The Cantina Playset - the same one that featured the famous blue snaggletooth I think.  I also found the Butch and Sundance Saloon set which is the exact same plastic base, just with a different deco to suit the western theme.

LOL, Thats great, I love seeing this stuff in a collection that I would otherwise never had known about
MTFBWY

The Death Star

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »

Here ae a few more rather hard to find vintage pieces.  Two vehicles in very aged packages, and my favorite C-3PO and R2D2 from the Droids series - along with a reproduction Vlix.

Its amazing what time can do.  Are they as discoloured as they appear in the pics ?  Nonetheless, very cool still !
MTFBWY

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 08:45:20 AM »

Yes, the plastic bubble has gone even darker than when I first got them...almost a dark Amber shade.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »

I looked up imgur and they certainly have thousands of images on file.  I assume it would be easy to upload my pictures but how the heck do you find them again later?  and how would I direct others to see them without having to scan through all these other photos?
Have any of you done this already?

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 10:00:35 AM »

WOW!!! This is really an awesome piece!!!  :)`
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »

When Star Wars became popular in the late 80's and 90's, people in Eastern Europe wanted to buy them but they were too expensive as imports.  Manufacturers in Turkey and Poland started turning out cheap knockoffs or "bootlegs" as they became known to collectors.  To save on production costs the bootleggers used a uniform set of limbs, mostly of the Biker Scout, and some with Tie Pilot limbs.  Leia had AT-AT Driver limbs.  Initially they sold in Poland for 140 zloty - which translated at that time into 4 cents US each.
Similar figures were produced in Mexico for the same reasons.  I came by my set of loose figures from a friend in Snowtroopers about ten years ago.  I love them for their unique appearance - especially Princess Leia.  Values today can run between $15 and $30, with a Boba Fett commanding $75 plus!
In this picture the top two rows are from Poland while the bottom row is Mexican.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »

When Star Wars became popular in the late 80's and 90's, people in Eastern Europe wanted to buy them but they were too expensive as imports.  Manufacturers in Turkey and Poland started turning out cheap knockoffs or "bootlegs" as they became known to collectors.  To save on production costs the bootleggers used a uniform set of limbs, mostly of the Biker Scout, and some with Tie Pilot limbs.  Leia had AT-AT Driver limbs.  Initially they sold in Poland for 140 zloty - which translated at that time into 4 cents US each.
Similar figures were produced in Mexico for the same reasons.  I came by my set of loose figures from a friend in Snowtroopers about ten years ago.  I love them for their unique appearance - especially Princess Leia.  Values today can run between $15 and $30, with a Boba Fett commanding $75 plus!
In this picture the top two rows are from Poland while the bottom row is Mexican.

Very nice!!! I love these special gems, add some "color" to a collection!  :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169121
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 60
Total: 63

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 38 queries.