Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 10:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 6" Black Series Amazon Exclusive  (Read 3248 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
6" Black Series Amazon Exclusive
« on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »

I was on amazon the other day and noticed that they had an Amazon exclusive set of 4 stormtroopers on sale.   It was $105 CDN.  I made an impulse purchase -it's Christmas!  and got a set.   I am glad I did, it is a nice set with 4 figures in one big fold out box , a Phase one Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper,  Battle Damaged Imperial Stormtrooper and a First Order Stormtrooper Officer.    If the price does not bother you, I think it is a good set to pick up.  I believe the only place you can get it is on Amazon.ca .    I bought mine directly from Amazon.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth Cosmos

• Recruit
  • If only we knew how many light years far far away
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Amazon Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »

This is very old news. You likely got a small restock. Got mine a month ago from my original order on Amazon Canada.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »

Amazon cancelled my order last night! I had originally ordered through the .com site and perhaps that is why. Definitely disappointing. Of course the .ca site has nothing for order.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »

sorry to hear. Are Canadians not allowed to use the .com site? I could have sworn I've ordered some stuff from there without issue in the past. They had those cool nesting dolls that my kids love.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »

I use the ".com" site all the time. Though I do get the items shipped to my US mailbox. But I don't think they have an issue with shipping to Canada (it's just expensive to do).

I'm guessing they may have cancelled your order because they ran out of stock. It sometimes happens - the inventory system may have had incorrect quantities, or a crate of figures went missing or got damaged in the warehouse. You could have been unlucky enough to be one of the "last few" in line so they had to cancel yours. It sucks. Maybe contact them to ask the reason - I often use the online chat option to talk to their customer service.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »

Yes, I think I will try the online chat tonight. I had it shipping to my Canadian address and they had even charged my credit card so I was anticipating it to be here soon. I have ordered from the .com site before and no problems shipping to Canada. It is frustrating for use. I will let you know what customer service says.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 03:02:38 PM »

Hmm, the fact that they already charged your card makes me think they must have gone to ship it and realized they were short-stocked. Maybe they will offer you a little something to make up for the disappointment. I have had good experiences with them before - small discounts or coupon vouchers, nothing expected of them but appreciated in situations like that. If this is the case, maybe see if they are able to put you on a "hold list" or something in case they come across more stock somehow. Could be worth the question at least. Good luck!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:01:34 PM »

This is very old news. You likely got a small restock. Got mine a month ago from my original order on Amazon Canada.

Does this guy ever make a positive contribution or is it in is nature to criticize people and the things they post on this board. :mad0177:

Go back to your scaping thread and spread your negative thoughts there.   :fight: 

Oh my did I say the out loud.   :sign0065:  must be the darkside of the force taking over my thoughts .

I apologize " these are not the comments you are looking for ".

I am sure I will get grief over this. :(

On a positive note.  Amazon is amazing .ca or .com .  I trust them more than any other online or street store to make thing right.
They have gone above and beyond to make sure I have a great experience.  From the .com site I have had many items sent to Canada and it is always reasonably priced and I get the selection I am lacking here in Canada. Ie I just order some Spyder Snowpants and was able to get the version of this pant I needed for sizing and I could not find them any where in Canada.  :party0007:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 11:11:24 PM »

Yeah that was on older one, you're just seeing it now. Almost certainly baiting us into arguments, though I can't for the life of me figure out why. There isn't a really big audience here to entertain - but what do I know.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 11:23:56 PM »

He definitely was looking to start something wherever he could.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »

The figures are available on Amazon.ca right now for $105 CDN Tuesday Dec. 8th 7:50 am.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

Just ordered it from .ca site! Hurray! Thanks very much for the tip it is appreciated. I did get a reply from Amazon.com and they said they canceled the order because the item does not ship internationally. It would have been nice to know this before I pre-ordered it. Thanks to your tip I don't have to worry about it now. The thrill of the hunt prevails again.
Without trying to sound to mushy, this is one of the reasons I continue to visit these forums. The community help I have received over the years has been fantastic and very much appreciated. To combat all the negativity posted lately about scalpers this is a great example of how these forums operate and that kind of negativity is not needed.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

congrats!

I recall some saying that amazon will not double box these and just put a shipping label on it. You may want to give them a ring to ask for it to be packed properly.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »

Like ambasah said - for "collector sets" like this, it's always best to be safe than sorry. That's the only real issue I have with Amazon - sometimes their packing policies are questionable. JTA suggests that you tick off the "gift packaging" option when ordering something that you are concerned about the box. It forces them to put it in a cardboard box first before slapping on the shipping label.

Glad you were able to get it from the ".ca" site!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »

Glad to hear you got one.  They are still available at $105.99 CDN.  When I ordered mine I ordered 3 other items so they all came in one box and mine did arrive in mint condition.   Unlike the one in their photo on the amazon.ca web site - check out the top corner of the box.  Someone mentioned a good idea is to say it is a gift and then they will put it in another box.  I am not sure of this as I have never done this before.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 63
Total: 65

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.