Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 10:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WalMart 3.75" Black Series SA Kylo Ren  (Read 858 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
WalMart 3.75" Black Series SA Kylo Ren
« on: December 08, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »

First off, the figure is extremely solid & heavy when you free him from the packaging. Overall perception of value right off the bat? High.

The soft goods are used nicely on the bottom kilt/skirt portions, but there is also plastic underneath which kinda makes the legs difficult to post. No action stances for this SA Kylo, unless you're willing to impart more force on him than I am, at least to get started. I'm not usually a fan of mixed medium cloakage - give me cloth or give me plastic - but this mix works about as well as you could ask for - it looks pretty uniform to be honest.

The accessories are a little odd - the saber hilt is lead coloured paint over clear red plastic - and the red shows through on mine quite a bit. I don't care much about this, but it's an odd choice to use the red here. The larger saber has the same issue, but not to the same extent on mine. The blade is thin & somewhat rigid - I would assume this will break easily. Be careful.

All in all, I'm happy. I wasn't going to buy any TFA figures but my will broke - and I'm glad it did in this case.

Sam

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: WalMart 3.75" Black Series SA Kylo Ren
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »

I wish the hood was made a separate piece and it would come off showing just his helmet.  This head now looks too similar to the 5poa version I saw at Walmart.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »

I hadn't thought of that, now I wish mine did too. :(

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:34 PM »

I wish the hood was made a separate piece and it would come off showing just his helmet.  This head now looks too similar to the 5poa version I saw at Walmart.

I wish they made it a separate piece too for articulation's sake.  It sucks that after paying $15 for this, I still had to go out and find an Armor Up version so that I can make this:

Also, not sure how many people know this, but the peg on the saber hilt goes into the little rectangular plug on his belt.

Unfortunately, it's not very secured and falls off quite easily if you move his legs.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:35 PM »

Looks great though, that really should have been an option for the SA figure. Ah well. The more I examine mine the more his "spaghetti arms" are getting me down too - they make my 13 year old's straws look like Hulk Hogan's pythons.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:09 PM »

They won't do that... they need to double-dip and re-release him again as a "new" version with the hood down, and then re-release him yet again with the Adam Driver head/unmasked Kylo...  it's a gold mine for Hasbro! 
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »

They won't do that... they need to double-dip and re-release him again as a "new" version with the hood down, and then re-release him yet again with the Adam Driver head/unmasked Kylo...  it's a gold mine for Hasbro!

But they will do all that on the 5 POA version and then do the SA version so that those who couldn't wait would have bought both versions.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »

Mine had the head pop off almost immediately and I could not get it back on. The inside of the head was defective. Luckily I was able to find a replacement and returned the defective one to walmart. Haven't opened the replacement yet, but hopefully it will be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169106
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 65
Total: 67

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 39 queries.