Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 09:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now that you've watched TFA..  (Read 1712 times)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Now that you've watched TFA..
« on: December 19, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »

What affect has watching the movie had on your TFA collecting habits?  Were you buying already and now ready to continue or thinking of quitting?  Were you not collecting but now feel that you want to or are you glad you made that decision?  If you are looking forward to collecting TFA Black Series in either scale who do you want to see coming out next?  Will you still be looking forward to a 3 3/4" BS Phasma considering her role in the film?

I was already trying to keep up with what has been released and now that I've watched the film I plan to continue forward.  My choices in either scale, aside from the obvious General Leia and Hermit Luke, are the other obvious choices of Admiral Ackbar and Maz Kanata.  Several of the aliens hanging out with Maz will be great background fillers at some point too.  Hopefully some of the larger characters can see the light of day in some type of deluxe packaging format.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Now that you've watched TFA..
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:24:13 AM »

Part of me thought about going out & catching up on the 3.75" SA figures released for the movie, but I haven't splurged yet. I saw Poe, Finn & Rey but it was mainly Rey's face that stopped me from buying, not any lack of affinity for the characters. I really want to try & keep it to "OT ONLY" as much as I can.

I WILL be purchasing Mas Kanata though. 100 percent for sure.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »

As of this morning I wanted to sell everything.  But I think it because I'm grieving.

The SA stuff is great. Have almost all the TFA stuff out so far. Except Kylo Ren.

Sam

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »

Bought Rey's speeder after I saw the movie.  First 5poa item I bought. Next up should be the scavenger 2 packs due to the 3.75" scale BB-8.

I found all the TFA vehicles cheaply made so I wasn't going to spend anything on them.  However after the movie I really like Rey and figure they won't be releasing a better version of her speeder.

My focus is still the SA 3.75" line.  Not sure how much resources Hasbro is willing to put into that format.  I'm guessing a lot of the minor characters and cantina aliens would only make the 5poa line.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »

After seeing the movie, I have returned everything that I have collected for TFA that I didn't open. $750.00 worth of collectables , including two 6" phasmas, one tru exclusive Phasma , bs Rey's, leia, FO stormtroopers , 3.75 wave one and two ..etc....etc.... :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: All of it. I agree with JJ, give me a MAZ a Rey and maybe a Ren and I'm good. :speechless-smiley-004:

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »

Yeah Sam, Rey's speeder is great! This was the first item I wanted and bought on Sept. 4th Tru midnight madness event, and I opened it right away. I just keep the kids missle launcher closed and display it next to my JAWA sand crawler and Land speeder and it looks AWESOME  :party0007:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »

I had made the decision NOT to collect before seeing TFA. Seeing it only gave me a twinge of a desire to go back on it but not much. Mostly for Kylo but even then, my son has one so I can always check his out if I feel like I need to hold a little plastic replica of that character before my eyes. I plan on getting nothing but OT SA 3.75. And possibly, only possible Luke, Han and Leia.

Artaban

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »

I was thinking on waiting to see the movie before buying, but they released a lot of figures way before. With the experience of the BS 6" first wave, I decided not to wait and trying to choose the best I could.

On the BS 6" side of my collection, the only figures of TFA I bought were the Starkiller base Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma and also FO Snowtrooper (x2) Stormtrooper (x2), Flametrooper and a Tie Pilot.

Loved the new designs and "Non, je ne regrette rien" about my early purchases ;D

Although I have to accept that I expected more of Phasma, I still think that it will be a new encounter with Finn in the next movie. It's just that they have business now, isn't? Anyway, even if it doesn't happen, at least we had a funny scene with her being tackled by Chewy :)

I didn't bought any other figures because:

Constable Zuvio: The design was not appealing enough for me. At least in this movie, if I'm not wrong, he only appeared for some seconds during Rey's vision. Maybe we will see more of him later.

Guavian Enforcer: I bought one when I purchased my first Snowtrooper... but when I was leaving the store, I read the description on the back of the box. After that, I had a hunch that made me go back to the store and return it. Best decision ever  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Poe Dameron (pilot): They messed up his face badly. Even with the 3.75 Mara Jade, at the end I found one barely acceptable and I bought her. The Poe figures I found had a face that reminded me the actor of 'Life of Pi'. In the exclusive duo-pack he looks better, but no with this exchange rate  :confused0024:

Rey & BB8 / Finn: I would prefer to have only one of each. When they announced the actors, it was clear that Rey was going to be a Jedi, so as I said to a friend, if you have to choose between Luke in a farmer suit and Luke in a Jedi (or X-Wing Pilot) suit, which would you take? I decided to wait for her in her new outfit. Same goes for Finn, I think he will be also upgraded in the next movies.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:26:42 PM by Artaban »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 11:23:10 PM »

Very interesting rationale - it is very interesting to read about what sets people off & gets them excited about one figure/vehicle vs another. I'm seeing a little of like mindedness with trying to stick to the OT - personally I know I'll break down a few more times, but I'm only splurging on 3.75" super articulated figures.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 01:49:40 AM »

Saw the movie this afternoon and well.... WOW!

But to the toys, the thing that killed me is that most of the 3 3/4 toys have been of characters that were only on screen for a few seconds. So now I have a bunch of aliens, which is still cool, that had nothing to do with the plot.

Let's see:
1.  I never saw Constable Tuvio or Sarco Plank. Maybe when I go see it again I'll catch them but really too much going on on Jakku to look for these characters.
2. They are doing a 6 inch of Asty. The guy was on for a few scenes and then bites it.
3. I only saw Goss Toowers in one scene popping up behind Leia
4. Was PZ seen more than that goofy Disney wave at the end.
5. Teedo turned out to be a  and the enforcers were lame. No wonder they were packed with BB8
6. Where were the Elite Walkers, Speeder bikes or the Jakku speeder?

Having said all that, I still bought all of the SA and will likely get the Phasma and hopefully an old Han (please make one). Definately Leia and Luke and Maz. I have to say Maz was my favorite new character in the movie. I hope she didn't die and is back in the next movie.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »

I was never planning on buying much from the new movie anyway, so my satisfaction with the film has little baring on my buying in this case. I was planning on getting a couple main 6", (Rey, Ren, stormtrooper) which I have, so I'm done with the 6". Maybe I'll get Luke if/when they do one. For 3.75, I'll likely get the main characters in the SA line, which was the plan anyway, and probably a few others here and there. Judging by the lack of support from Hasbro for the SA line, I'll likely not be buying much.

I did buy the 5POA snowtrooper for my snowtrooper collection, one carded, one opener. But otherwise I'm done with the 5POA line. I'm now hoping a 3.75 scale BB8 will come as a SA figure pack-in because I refuse to buy a 2-pack of figures I don't want to get BB8.

OT and the SA line are my focus, been that way for a while, so I will continue with that approach even though I loved the movie.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »

I did buy the 5POA snowtrooper for my snowtrooper collection, one carded, one opener.

You really should get another one " just in case" .

I really like the recent Saturday Night Live Star Wars Commercial .  If you have not seen it yet, as a collector you really have to watch it.  Best thing I have seen from Saturday Night Live in a Long Time.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »

Not all of the vehicles are in the movie. If you look at the packaging for the Jakku speeder, it doesn't mention The Force Awakens, whereas the Snowspeeder does, and it was in the movie, albeit just behind Rey and Finn when they enter Starkiller base. I'm pretty sure Sarco Plank was shown briefly, lining up behind Rey and while it looks like Constable Zuvio in Rey's vision, to me it doesn't make sense given that the place doesn't look like Jakku. I think I saw PZ in the base and also helping with Snap Wexley's (Greg Grunberg's character) X-wing.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170177
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 27
Total: 31

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 38 queries.