Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 08:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Pop Vinyls  (Read 3338 times)

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
Star Wars Pop Vinyls
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

Haven't seen a thread on this and they've been out for a couple of years now.  I've managed to hold off on anything Episode 7 with the exception of the Pops.  I've actually been able to track down just over half of the overall SW collection at retail (and a couple at toy shows) and usually on sale of some kind (bogo, microplay has a buy 6 get on free punchcard)

Anyone else jump on this train?  I think they are really cool and more unique than the Mighty Mugs that came out a few years back that were just the ultimate in repaints.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Pop Vinyls
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

They are cool, but the only ones I have here are Guardians of the Galaxy :) I was looking at some World of Warcraft villains as well as Breaking Bad characters - I think that's the real beauty of them - how absurdly diverse (and awesome) the sources for them are.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:09:23 PM »

I know. They seem to have licenses for everything.  Today I saw a Friends "Chef Monica".  I picked up a Christmas Vacation Clark Griswold just before Christmas, but couldn't find Cousin Eddie.

Today I found the new Nien Nunb from Ep 7, and ordered the Lootcrate Snow Gear Han.  I'm completely obsessed!!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:31 PM »

They don't take up a lot of space either, unless you're leaving them boxed - I can see that taking up space pretty quickly.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »

I'm collecting only the Star Wars funko pops. There's alot of Star Wars ones by now,  they recently passed 100. Reasonably compete only thing is I don't aggressively go after the convention exclusives so my collection looks like Swiss cheese!
I'll probably fill in the gaps when the whole funko thing goes beanie baby and the prices correct themselves. :r2d2line:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:38 AM »

Mine is the exact same.  the 501st trooper and holo maul will not be in my collection anytime soon.  The lootcrate exclusives are starting to get out of hand also, especially the 1 in 5 variants.

They announced another dozen coming the end of June.  If I can find the pics, I'll post them.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »

I haven't done loot crate but I am doing smugger's bounty.  So far I've only gotten the regular versions in my smuggler's bountys but luckily the regular ones are cool too.

Its interesting to watch the funko pop craze because I also have some star wars funko wacky wobblers that are (arguably) cooler looking than the pop versions for a given character, but since they're not pop, they're not hot, and since they're not hot, they're all easy to find at or below MSRP.  Just an interesting little dichotomy going on there between two lines that really aren't that different.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »

I just can't get into the POP figures. They are super popular though. They must have a fantastic staff that secures the licenses as I imagine some of them are not easy to get. I think the POP figures also appeal to a wide audience in that very casual collectors and the average non collector will buy them.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »

Found the latest wave of Ep VII pops at a local collectable store.  General Leia, Luke, Maz etc all available, $12.99. The also have a collector card that gets you a free regular priced POP when you purchase 6.  The also had 3 of the 4 Walgreens exclusives (without stickers) for $24.99

Bowmanvillebri

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 10:30:35 PM »

Looking for help finding the Jabba three pack without spending an arm and a leg. If anyone has it please lmk. Thanks so much.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:43 AM »

I picked up the latest wave too, Ep7 Luke and Maz are my favorites from that wave.
For some reason I'd missed #82 Nien Nunb but later found one at EBGames - did you have trouble with that one too fishfan or was it just my bad luck?
Was talking to the clerk at EBGames and he said they (as in all of EB, not just the one store) actually sell 10,000 funko pops a month! That's alot of pops!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 06:20:08 AM »

I didn't have problems finding him at initial release.  I have the benefit of 2 Ebay games, a Hot Topic and a Microplay all within 20 mins of each other though.  I just frustrated with all the exclusives in the US and conventions.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »

Was able to pick up the SDCC 2016 Funko Pop Han with Bowcaster at my local EBgames. $14.99 not bad but they only had 2 so go quick if you want one.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »

Dagobah Yoda, Bespin Luke and Endor Luke are at EB for those looking!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 04:29:34 PM »

So I saw a tweet a couple of weeks ago about a Toy R Us European exclusive Scariff trooper (blue strip) and immediately emailed my Dad to see if he could locate one for me.  He got me two and I just received them.  I just found out this is also a Walgreen's exclusive in the US.  I feel so bad for making my Dad find them and ship them.   Note to self and others, use the internet to double check the "exclusiveness" of an item!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 41
Total: 45

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 38 queries.