Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Commlink

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2017, 07:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 4 Users

Poll

As per the subject line - how many trips to the theatre? If you're watching it through other means, those don't count.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TFA - How many viewings IN THE THEATRE so far?  (Read 1102 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
TFA - How many viewings IN THE THEATRE so far?
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:00:53 PM »

Interested to see where we're at as a group. If you like, add your number of theatre viewings to a reply & comment as to whether or not you're done, or have one or more trips left to make. 3 viewings for me so far and I'd like to go at least once more.
Proud collector since 1978.

Comics for sale!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Re: TFA - How many viewings IN THE THEATRE so far?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »

Been twice....first time I hated it ... second time because everyone here seems to love it so I thought I would make sure I saw the right movie.   And after confirming what a piece of Rancor poo it was I vowed to never see it again.  I am done.  Disney will not get anymore of my money.     :P
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:17:56 PM »

If they get the right girl to play a mature tinkerbell in an upcoming sequel I have a feeling you'll be there on opening night.  :kar:
Proud collector since 1978.

Comics for sale!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:22:05 PM »

4 so far, planning on seeing it at least once more in 3D before it leaves the cinemas...2 or 3 more times if I can fit in my schedule!

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:52:25 AM »

I have gone twice so far. I feel good until the release of the DVD/BluRay comes out, but I may squeeze one more theater viewing before it disappears.  :P
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »

I've seen it twice. First time in 3D by myself, 2nd time with the family at a "regular" viewing.
That's it for me in the theatre. I'd rather save my limited theatre outings for other movies like Deadpool, Civil War, etc. No urge to see Ep7 again until the home version.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »

4 for me.  I think I'll go once more.  After all, it's likely the last time we'll get to see Han Solo on the big screen!

Darth Vicious

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:44:13 AM »

6 times total.
4 times 3D
1 3D VIP
1 IMAX 3D

That should be enough for me, 2D can wait for home.

And for the record, I loved it. :artoo:
-Darth Vicious  :maul:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:07:52 AM »

5th tonight. I think I prefer it in 3D, really nice use of 3D IMHO.

Still loving it and now my daughter seems to be realizing it is turning her into a fan finally!

Also, the Mary Sue controversy for Rey is over for me: this viewing has 100 percent shown me that the falcon chase scene (that I think is the major scene giving people problems with Rey's seeming beyond-her-experience abilities) is so carefully crafted that if you actually pay attention to it you can see that she only succeeds by her plucky, never-give-up attitude, combined with her comfort around machinery and a healthy dash of luck/the Force. Just like in her battles though, even though she makes it through and gets in some good licks she actually flounders/struggles and often misses. The scene where Kylo finds her is pretty much shoot and run, then the lightsaber duel is slash and run...until she calls on the Force.

I also think that though it isn't explicitly stated, we can assume that a ship like the Falcon isn't entirely manually controlled, that some of the piloting (error-correction) would be handled by the onboard computer. I just think ultimately she comes off as little different than Luke or Han in terms of their intuitive use of ships and machines and if anything Anakin is more annoying for having it all come to him through the Force giving him super powers. At least Rey's Force aided abilities come across as an act of will combined with luck.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:54:17 AM by sinkie »

JM Owen Skywalker

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 08:47:26 AM »

Sadly only twice both in AVX, however, I will be seeing it more. I REALLY need to see it again haha.

On a great positive note, over the weekend TFA cracked 2 billion worldwide. Although, it does not appear to have the box office strength to take over Avatar, it is edging up on to Titanic's 2nd place position, which is still a great feat.... Though I wanted that no. 1 position...

I guess I should blame people like myself who have only seen it twice...

Also, can we get some TFA emojis goin on?!?  :P
How you get so big eating food of this kind???

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 12:00:07 AM »

I think I went 4 times.  I think by the 4th time the Jakku scenes were a little boring. 

I got the bluray the day it came out and watched it a few times and then have probably watched it, or parts of it, about half a dozen times on netflix.

I would defiantly put it in my top 5 favorite Star Wars movies.
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

old post but this was before i was here. i saw TFA only once in the theatre. i wont lie. the bootleg online that came out was decent enough to watch. so with viewings at home, my desire to see it in the theatre again faded and i never bothered.

Rogue One was different though. i saw it 4 times in the theatre! loved it! that was worth seeing more then TFA on the big screen anyway so i was happy with that outcome.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:46:18 PM by bob »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 01:05:11 AM »

I went to Rouge One 3 times and it got better every time.  TFA kinda went in the other direction each time I saw it in the theaters. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 09:42:24 PM »

when Rey pulls the Kenobi line it made me cringe. couldnt they do something else? the only part i dont mind is when she gets a bit freaked out and says ''and drop your blaster'' haha.

the Raptar scene feels way too blockbuster and cgi looking. I thought they made Han Solo look more like a con artist lying type of dude compared to how all that came across in the OT. just felt more slimy and thats not the way he was or should of been portrayed!

You barely see any aliens and creatures that well in TFA either. i thought it was funny that Kylo Ren freaks out and looses his sh#t! haha..but some people find that hes a brat that doesnt get his way. i dont see it that way though. hes just mental but funny to me :)

it was like a rehash/reboot sorta but not at the same time. :/  it has elements that were good. i dont totally hate it but i find i dont really care to watch it that much either :/

Rian Johnson is pretty good, so the last jedi should be an improvement, then again people said that about Abrams too! :S haha..but i think EP 8 will be better!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:05:31 PM by bob »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »

Been twice....first time I hated it ... second time because everyone here seems to love it so I thought I would make sure I saw the right movie.   And after confirming what a piece of Rancor poo it was I vowed to never see it again.  I am done.  Disney will not get anymore of my money.     :P

TFA will go down in my own history as being the only SW film that will only be watched twice by me. And I've seen TPM 12 times (mostly when CTV aired it on TV and I was bored). For TFA: saw it once on opening day of course. A second time online (no way was I going to pay to see that again) to confirm that I saw the "right movie" too.  It's turned out to be two times too many.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 167188
  • Total Topics: 14236
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 69
Total: 73

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 42 queries.