Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I alone here? The Red Inside sucks  (Read 811 times)

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Am I alone here? The Red Inside sucks
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »

Ok, I feel the need to cut past the obligatory "your supposed to open them, derp" comments.  I don't open.  And yes, the packaging matter when you display without opening.

Am I the only one who thinks the Black series inside packaging is just awful?  Aesthetically, It could be worse than the flat red they've chosen, but as a backdrop for figures, I think it's just awful.  The packaging previous (orange stripe or blue stripe) looks far superior.

But more than that, this is supposed to be a premium product.  The flat red just looks lazy.  I don't collect the 3.75 WM line (gawd I can't beleive they charge $5 more for that) but on both the 3.75" and 6" lines it's just .. well not good.  Disappointing, especially placed beside the older packaging for the 6".

I dearly hope they come up with something else soon.  I'm finding myself cutting back on this product simply because I can't stand to display these. 

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Am I alone here? The Red Inside sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »

Don't worry you are not the only carded/MIB collector on the site!  My main focus is carded although I do have a loose figure collection as well.

I've never been as offended or put-off as you seem to be by the red colour but I do agree that the first two series with the orange and blue stripes looked better.  If they had used the same colour red but only in the striped fashion that they used on the other packaging it would have looked much better.

As a carded/MIB collector I also prefer continuity to the look of the packaging although the variety of cardbacks we have had over the years does make for a nice mix if you are able to have them on display.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »

I wish they'd go more the route of the Original Trilogy (US cards - Canada just got the starburst) or Saga Collection cardbacks with an appropriate backdrop for the 6" Line

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCcardbacks.asp - Example

If they used something like that in the back of the 6 Series, it would be great.  I'm not sure exactly how much of that you could see through the plastic bubbles, but I'm certain it could be made to work.

Anything but a freaking flat colour.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »

I haven't bought a single thing in the new red packaging.  Not a 6", not a 3.75", titanium, nothing.  I dislike it completely to the point of not buying any of it.  It's not the red that bothers me, it's the angle cuts on the windows and the way the product sits in them.  You can't see the product properly. The orange and blue strip were bigger windows (on the 6") and you could see most of the product. 

My wallet and wife are both grateful for this packaging.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:36 PM »

I've been glad to free the very few 3.75" black series figures I've purchased from these horrendous small boxes. I don't care about the red per se, but boxes for a 3.75" was a completely absurd idea to begin with. What? These are "premium" 3.75" figures? Ah, ok, now I get it.  :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169089
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 54
Total: 55

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 38 queries.