Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN WAY BETTER THAN ANYTHING DISNEY HAS EVER MADE  (Read 2188 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

OK the topic title was a little over kill.   But I am trying to make sure people do not judge this movie by what the critics are saying about it.   For me my childhood was made up of Star Wars & Indiana Jones on the big screen and Battle Star Galactica and Justice League of America on the little screen.     So I was really looking forward to Batman vs. Superman and then I read all the critic reviews and was really disappointed.  How could WB screw this up?
Well today my family went to the 3:30 pm IMAX non-3D movie and that was definitely the way to see this movie - it screams BIG BIG screen.  And I have to say in my opinion it is better than any of the Marvel movies and easily better than The Force Awakens.  It is a great movie.  Superman gives you the emotional stuff and Batman is fantastic .  And yes who wouldn't be worried about Ben taking on the role of Batman but he pulls it off.  And Wonder Woman is amazing.  The scene when she laughs at the danger she is facing was a big hit with my wife and daughter.  And the movie tie-in the stuff we have been hearing on TV with meta humans was great, there is Aquaman and the Flash.   And as far as the screen play or script not making sense I was never lost - it all made sense.  Except there was one of the Meta Humans I did not know who he was - the one where he is half a human body and then something happens and he screams , I am not sure who this super hero is?   This is a 60% Batman movie, 30% Superman, 5% Lex and 5% Wonder Woman Movie.    I thought LEX was great. And they set up everything for the Dawn of the Justice League.   My advice is don't miss this movie on the big screen.  You will be disappointed if you listen to the critics and miss this great movie.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN WAY BETTER THAN ANYTHING DISNEY HAS EVER MADE
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »

HERE IS ANOTHER REVIEW FROM ANOTHER FAN of the MOVIE:

I'm shocked at mixed reactions to this film. Personally, I've seen it twice already, and for me it's been confirmed as my second favorite film in the genre, second only to TDK (and in fact it's close to a tie). Affleck was a phenomenal Bruce Wayne/Batman! And this is coming from someone who is the biggest Christian Bale fan. Cavill nearly made me cry with his soulful performance as Cavill, and Eisenberg stole the show as his quirky, eccentric, mad-genius take on Lex Luthor. He's a very different Lex than we're used to, but that's what makes him a fresh new take on the character (and there actually IS some basis in the comic books for him being quirky and insane). The writing by Chris Terrio was superb, interweaving a complex story with several threads into an entertaining and beautiful tapestry. And Snyder deserves WAY more accolades than he is getting for his amazing ability to connect all these dots into a single film, with a pace that soars and never gets boring despite its long runtime. A lot of people seem to complain about the pacing of the first act or two of the film, but my reaction was the opposite: if I had one minor critique it's that the second half flies by a little too fast, and could've been benefitted from the more methodical pacing of the beginning. But that's only a minor critique, and didn't detract from my viewing experience much at all. Kudos to Snyder & Co for not only nailing the tone and feeling of the comic books, but also bringing their own fresh spin to it!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:40:39 PM »

Here is a critic's review:

Why Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is the best superhero movie ever made.

You get the impression that the critics have been sharpening their knives for a long time in preparation for Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice.  With its $410 million budget, unwieldy title and the shadow of Man Of Steel still looming large, there was always going to be a big target on the back of Zack Snyderís latest foray into the ever-expanding DC Universe.   As the first reviews came in the cynics seemed to have been proven right, that this movie had utterly failed to live up to its pedigree.  Except maybe this time around the critics completely missed the point. That Snyder had in fact made a movie that embraces the world of comic books in a way that no other director has ever dared to.

Eschewing the gritty realism of Christopher Nolanís Batman series Snyder instead presents us with a Caped Crusader closer to his comic book counterpart than anyone else has ever managed to capture on screen.  Think of it this way. Christian Baleís íemo Batmaní was so wracked with whiney self-doubt that he took an eight-year sabbatical from crime fighting, something that had legions of Bat-Fans up in arms all over the world.  Bat-Fleck however is a completely different animal. Heís larger than life, as the character should be, an urban legend given flesh. He displays the scars of past victories and defeats proudly, much like the costume of his own fallen sidekick. Sorry guys, no Robin this time around.  Heís someone that the audience can get behind, both in and out of the costume.

Bruce Wayneís brief interactions with Diana Prince, the alter ego of Gal Gadotís already superlative Wonder Woman, are so full of fun and potential that you canít wait to see how these characters will continue to evolve.  Speaking of secondary characters we canít ignore Batmanís ever-faithful manservant. Because while Michael Caineís Alfred is enjoying a Fernet-Branca in some Italian palazzo, Jeremy Ironsí more rugged Mr. Pennyworth seems to be the true brains of the operation, as he aids Master Wayne in his war on Gothamís underworld. However most important for the thrust of this film is that this Batman is a hero so consumed by the righteousness of his cause that heís willing to challenge a veritable god in a red cape.

And what of the aforementioned Man of Steel? While many have been quick to dismiss the last son of Krypton as merely window dressing in this movie, Henry Cavill unfairly attracting much of the negative press, they willfully ignore the significance of his role in developing the filmís tone. He portrays Superman as a genuinely problematic messianic character, one that allows Snyder to explore the role of superheroes in a surprisingly thoughtful way.  Itís Lex Luthor himself who puts it best, that ĎIf god is all powerful he canít possibly be all good, and if heís not all powerful he canít possibly be god.í This dialectic of god vs. man, good vs. evil, night vs. day is ever present throughout this film. Of course you could argue that these motifs are often used in a heavy-handed fashion, but what do you expect in a movie where grown men wear gaudy costumes, and seek to right the worldís wrongs with their fists?

This movie is a rock opera, massive in scale and scope of its ambition. It paints its characters large, its themes are overblown, its visuals are lush and at times make no sense. But that doesnít matter, because youíre meant to experience it with your heart, not your head.  Add to this Snyderís amazing ability to capture action sequences in a way that far surpasses anything thatís ever appeared in rival superhero franchises. You can almost feel the crunch of bones, the taste of blood, the smell of cordite as our heroes fight their way through scores of real world enemies, not the disposable CGI puppets that dominate Marvelís Avengers.

Then thereís the much maligned dream sequences in the movie, which Iíll admit can prove confusing to a non-comic book fan, but still provide some of the most interesting moments of the film.  Snyder is always seeking to visualise our characterís hopes and fear in a way thatís so much more effective than what long, expositional speeches (another Nolan trait) can ever achieve. Film is a visual medium after all, one that is always served best by showing something, not describing it.

I know that the claim that this is the best superhero movie ever made is a bold one, but not when you really think it through.  Iron Man and Iron Man 3 are excellent films, but Tony Stark isnít really a superhero. In fact those movies feel more like Bond in battle armour, in the best possible way of course.  And while The Dark Knight remains the benchmark of excellence for many, can a movie defined by a single breath-taking performance really hold the top spot? In my mind itís currently the best movie about a supervillain, though that might all change with the release of Suicide Squad later this year.

It really comes down to this. If you want realism, go see an Ibsen play. If you want nuance then Charlie Kaufmanís Amomalisa is still on screens. But if you want your brain to be punched by the fist of justice go see Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:20:15 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing it, to be honest. As panned as it has been, I have no concerns about forking over my hard-won free passes for an Imax viewing as soon as I get home from my training course. Watchmen is my current favourite comic book movie, so I have no doubt that Snyder can make me happy again.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 04:52:33 PM »

I will see it, for sure.  I don't care what critics say about any film.  I do tend to see what a movie is rating on IMDB.com or other similar sites to see what actual moviegoers think.  While Batman V Superman is well below TFA on there, it is still a good rating, and either way, I would probably see this movie in theatres, anyway. I thought about going opening night, but I will probably go this week sometime.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:08:40 AM »

It will be interesting to see what you guys think.   I was watching a review on TV this weekend of the movie and the guy just ripped the movie apart and I just don't see it at all.  Someone mentioned on a TV show I was watching that Disney did a good job of controlling the first reviewers by creating a big red carpet event and getting them all together at a great event and making them feel good about Disney and Star Wars.  The show was saying that the big studios can and do try to get the reviewers behind their movie and they said WB did not do as good a job of this with their Batman vs. Superman movie.   But either way I have to say I have lost a lot respect for some of the reviewers that I used to listen to.  Some reviews say the movie goes on too long I did not find this at all.   Just the right length.   I do suggest you do not go see it in 3D.   It is a very Dark Movie - although I did not see it in 3D, I think that how the 3D movie glasses tend to darken things combined with how dark the movie is would lead to you not enjoying the movie as much.   

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »

The super hero I did not know was CYBORG and I guess in 2011 when DC did a reboot they made Cyborg one of the founding members of the Justice League.  So if they go with that list I think it means the Justice League will start with Batman, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Green Lantern.   They did show all those characters in the movie except the Green Lantern.   But they did put the character of Carrie Farris in Batman vs. Superman, this character was also in Man of Steel - she is the one that thinks Superman is kinda hot.  There is a thought that she could be the love interest of the Green Lantern who later becomes Star Sapphire.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:08 PM »

Saw it tonight. I enjoyed seeing Amy Adams in the bathtub (in 3D no less), but that's about it. Didn't enjoy any of the story parts at all & having to wait the entire film to finally see the fight wasn't how I would have planned it out. They also tossed away a villain (Doomsday) that could have been the basis of an entire Justice League movie, if not 2. Ah well, at least they didn't cheap out on the explosions.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 08:07:53 AM »

I am now questioning my place in the Universe.   I don't like the Force Awakens, everyone else does.  I like Batman vs. Superman and everyone else hates it.   :(    Wait a minute there could be an explanation - I did eat a lot of popcorn when I saw Batman Vs. Superman.   :D   

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 10:07:25 AM »

I am now questioning my place in the Universe.   I don't like the Force Awakens, everyone else does.  I like Batman vs. Superman and everyone else hates it.   :(    Wait a minute there could be an explanation - I did eat a lot of popcorn when I saw Batman Vs. Superman.   :D   
:rollfloorlaffsmiley:
I still haven't seen this yet.  I really want to go, it just hasn't worked out.  I really hope I like it, as I really like Batman and Superman, but I guess we'll see...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »

Don't question anything - it's up to the rest of us to question you & your preferences - that's what the internet is for.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

I really wanted to give Zach Snyder the benefit of the doubt, but he failed to hold this thing together for me. I wanted to check & see what time it was at least 10x before the fight got started.  :(

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »

Damn! I was hoping it was decent at least but I waited to see Superman on Netflix and was like "meh". So if this is anything like that I think I can wait.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »

It's the direct continuation of that Superman story (and it "looks" the part) - without the logical sequencing of events or any attempts at creating bonds between the characters that may actually lead to the audience feeling anything for any of them. Even the fight scene, which you have to wait forever to watch, is cut short & ends in a way that was supposed to trigger an emotional response (but it flopped like Mike Ribeiro for me).

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 08:13:43 PM »

Well at least we can all agree on one thing.  The simple fact DC Superheros are way better than anything Marvel ever created.    The Justice league would have a hard time figuring out who they could send in to fight the Avengers to even remotely make it look like a real fight.  How did Marvel even sell comic books with such lame ass heros.  Well like I said at least we can all agree on that one simple fact of life.    :D

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:50 PM »

:rollfloorlaffsmiley:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 35
Total: 36

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.