Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 02:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Displays  (Read 2051 times)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Loose Displays
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:08:44 PM »

I recently acquired a nice lot of loose figures from Darth Sinister that helped to fill out different areas of my loose displays.  This inspired me to take a few pictures and I thought I would share them with any members interested in viewing them.  I'll take a second too to thank not only Darth Sinister but also any and all other members that have helped me at different times with different items that have helped to make my collection what it is.

One of the best of the many scores that my wife has made for my collection throughout the years was a jewelry/cosmetics glass display cabinet that was going to be thrown out by her work.  She made a donation to charity and was able to bring it home for me.  It's crazy heavy but worth the lugging because it works really well for the figures.

:snowtroopers:

"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Displays
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:55:18 AM »

Those set-ups are awesome!

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »

Those set-ups are awesome!

Thanks for the kind remarks, your feedback is appreciated.

Marasame

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »

Wow! I am speechless, amazing displays! My collection is ever growing and I hope to see be able to reproduce some of these scenes (especially the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star).

Amazing!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »

Very cool. I often dream of setting up all my figures in cool displays, but I just don't have the right spot to do it.... and I severely lack the motivation. Thanks for sharing!

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Wow! I am speechless, amazing displays! My collection is ever growing and I hope to see be able to reproduce some of these scenes (especially the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star).

Amazing!

Thanks.  It's been a long road to get my collection to what it is today so don't worry you'll get there someday.  I've been collecting modern since '99 and I'm still to this day adding essential missing figures that date back to that time.  I just finally add Wuher to my cantina display last month and that figure was released on a POTF2 Commtech card!  I've found with collecting that the journey to attaining can be as enjoyable as the actual acquisition itself.  Emperor's arrival displays of any shape or size are always fun to create and look at.

Very cool. I often dream of setting up all my figures in cool displays, but I just don't have the right spot to do it.... and I severely lack the motivation. Thanks for sharing!

In-other-words as soon as the first kid leaves the nest their room becomes the 'star wars room'. :artoo:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:28:07 AM »

Nice! I've got an unfinished basement right now that we're looking at renovating here before too long. I think a quarter of it will become an area for me to do things along these lines.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »

Nice! I've got an unfinished basement right now that we're looking at renovating here before too long. I think a quarter of it will become an area for me to do things along these lines.

Cool, that should work out well for you then!  Hopefully you can make that happen sooner than later.  I find having items out where they are visible makes collecting much more enjoyable than having to box things away.  Before I moved into this house 90% of my stuff was in plastic totes and it was getting to a point that I almost stopped collecting because of it.  I'm glad I didn't because now that I do have the area to display it is making all the years of keeping everything packed away worth while.  Once you do get set up I for one would like to see pictures of your new room.  Don't forget to leave room to grow, maybe you can sneak the walls of your star wars room closer to a third of the basement...   Give the contractor an extra hundred bucks to let you get mad at him in front of your wife for "screwing up the layout" :winking0071:

Darth Sinister

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »

Wow awesome display. That Shuttle looks sic in that diorama. That's the kinda thing I always dreamed of setting up in my basement but never had the space. Glad my figs found such an awesome home!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 11:02:19 PM »

Thirdfloor - mine are all in rubbermaid bins now & there isn't much enjoyment from that, you're right. I wound up selling a big chunk of my loose figures - all my prequel figures to be exact - and going through the process of itemizing them forced me to have them in hand - I had some regrets as soon as they were back out into the open & I could actually see the items I had spent time & money collecting. The bins are no good.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »

Beauty Emperor arrival scene sir! Nice work with the Tie Bombers on the top too... good industrial feel.

Does the Ewok village stay in the yard all year round? ;D
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »

Beauty Emperor arrival scene sir! Nice work with the Tie Bombers on the top too... good industrial feel.

Does the Ewok village stay in the yard all year round? ;D

Thanks for the comments. :)`

No, I didn't think that the Ewoks fur was thick enough to make it through a Canadian winter so I showed mercy on them and brought them inside.

Thirdfloor - mine are all in rubbermaid bins now & there isn't much enjoyment from that, you're right. The bins are no good.  :speechless-smiley-004:

You'll have it all out and be loving it again as soon as you get that room together in the basement.

Wow awesome display. That Shuttle looks sic in that diorama. That's the kinda thing I always dreamed of setting up in my basement but never had the space. Glad my figs found such an awesome home!

Thanks for the comments and the help making the dio's look cool!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169106
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 62
Total: 64

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 38 queries.