Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Walmart Clearance on TFA product  (Read 15590 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Clearance on TFA product
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »

Well this is astounding... I just checked the Walmart website and they've actually INCREASED the price of the 3.75 SA TFA figures.  Instead of $14.99, they've now been increased to $17.86+tax per figure!

I just bought another FO Stormtrooper for $14.86 + tax in Barrie today.  Price increase has not been reflected in-store...............yet.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »

LOL..... $10 more per figure compared to prices from three years ago.  Hasbro/Walmart must be laughing at us. Be prepared to see more returned swapped figures pegging.
If you see swaped figures, take a pic and post here. Let's see how bad it gets. :~/~: :sign0065:
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 05:53:40 AM »

LOL..... $10 more per figure compared to prices from three years ago.  Hasbro/Walmart must be laughing at us. Be prepared to see more returned swapped figures pegging.
If you see swaped figures, take a pic and post here. Let's see how bad it gets. :~/~: :sign0065:
This could also be Disney increasing the licensing fee in part.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »

Sales will falter, Hasbro will decide it's not worth it & Disney will be making the figures themselves. No one will be surprised.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »

Sales will falter, Hasbro will decide it's not worth it & Disney will be making the figures themselves. No one will be surprised.
That'd be interesting.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 09:23:50 AM »

What I find interesting and don't understand is the price difference between Star Wars 3.75" SA and Star Wars mashers figures. Both have a Star Wars license (I imagine) , the mashers packaging is the same size if not larger, more plastic, more paint, more parts, and about the same articulation ( although different).
3.75" SA =$17.92
Mashers = $10-11
 :mad0177:
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »

Cause Mashers are targeted to kids so it has to be cheap enough for parents to be willing to buy.

BS is for adult collectors who will buy regardless.

Luckily, I picked up another FO Stormtrooper and Phasma last week.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »

I just bought another FO Stormtrooper for $14.86 + tax in Barrie today.  Price increase has not been reflected in-store...............yet.

It has now. I just got back from a physical Walmart store and the 3.75" TFAs are now shelf-priced at the $17.86 pricepoint. I even price-scanned it to double-check.

If this is Disney increasing its licensing fees then they too have lost their minds. They're going to drive Hasbro out of business (hmmmmm) at this rate.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »

This should be the death of the line.  I haven't bought any since the packaging changed to the current line.

If I ever do, it'll be at Winners. But with the price going up at Walmart, I'm sure Winners will too eventually.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »

im pretty sure the price was the same as before for SW SA figures at my store tonight. i might not of been paying enough attention though. i did notice the 3 3/4'' Marvel figs are 15 each now. so i bet SW prob are scanning at 17.82 here as well. if the tag is the old price, try to get it for that if it scans the new price. arent they suppose to honor that as its a mistake? either way its coming real soon. :S

and yes, i noticed on walmarts site the new price when i got online after i got home. :S SW SA 3 3/4'' is being kicked out the door! im convinced now, it clearly is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:45:08 AM by bob »

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »

If the shelf price is still $15 but it scans at a higher price at the cash desk, you will get at least $10 off or possibly get the item free.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 09:17:30 AM »

Just noticed, ( not sure if this is new) TRU has their 6" black series prices at $29.99 now. Up from $27.99 I believe. :mad0177:

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »

Just noticed, ( not sure if this is new) TRU has their 6" black series prices at $29.99 now. Up from $27.99 I believe. :mad0177:

Nope....that is definitely new.   2 price increases in the last 4 months for 6-inch figures. They raised the prices to $27.99 on March 09th as reported. Just makes me sick!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:59:17 AM by IanToronto »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 10:01:33 AM »

This could be one of many reasons... as previously mentioned it's due to Disney imposing higher licensing costs on Hasbro (although we also saw DC Multiverse 6" take the same jump to $29.99 in the last 2 weeks too and that has nothing to do with Hasbro).

Or, companies are always conducting research to see what is the price-demand curve on a product i.e. they chart how much consumer demand falls off as they raise the price of an item higher and higher and higher until they have a graph (curve) of how as the price goes up, what the demand is.

If done during an off-season like now, when they know it's mostly collectors who are buying the toys and not parents, and obviously only done temporarily until prices fall back down to normal, then they will know if they can permanently raise prices to some $X level for the fall or for 2017.  So let's just not buy anything at this particular time, shall we?
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »

This may be the straw that broke this particular collecting camel's back.  $14.86 was pushing my limit of reason to the extreme, $17.86 is outrageous.  It's not that I can't physically afford that price, it's that the price itself is unreasonable for what you get.

I am seriously considering quitting now, which is something I have never done to this point.  I wouldn't get rid of my collection and I would still be looking for previous releases to fill holes in my collection but as for new product I will be ultra selective.

Being forced away from your hobby by greed sucks.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 37 queries.