Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 04:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Force Friday finds (or in my case force Thursday  (Read 2646 times)

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
Force Friday finds (or in my case force Thursday
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »

So, what have you found so far in regards to Rogue One product. In my case not only did I find the entire wave on e of Rogue One 3.75" figures and the first wave of two packs but they were on shelves on Sept 29 and not Force Friday Sept 30 :artoo:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Force Friday finds (or in my case force Thursday
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 05:21:52 PM »

I picked up regular 6" Jyn Erso at EB Games yesterday for $24.99.

I saw the Poe/Snowtrooper Officer 2-pack at Walmart this morning but passed as it was $19.97.

I picked up the U-Wing and Tie Striker at the end of last month at Superstore (Over-inflated price at Superstore of $79.99 and $64.99 respectively).

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »

Today, I went hunting before tomorrow's force Friday. Went to four walmarts, three superstores , one toys r us. Purchased 2 of each of the 3.75" two packs from SuperStore at $16 each, cheaper then any where else I think. I picked up some rogue one 3.75 5po from superstore aswell for $8.17 each and found a older black series c-3po, mossep, and Han Solo with carbon freeze for $11 each.
At walmart I picked up two of the newer rogue one tie fighter ships (its funny I found these by the bicycle isle...LOL) $59 each. 
All walmarts and TRU have made their Star Wars shelves empty by moving most of the Black Series 6" Jango / FlameTroopers to the clearance isle.
One walmart I found their Star Wars box with all rogue one items in it (some items had dont sell sticky notes taped to them) . I picked out all 6" ( of which there was only one of each but there was three K-2So's) and one each of the 3.75 5po but two deathstar gunner looking guys... I think they look great!  I price scanned them and the price came up , but like shark trooper/ seal commander etc. So I tried to check out because I already bought some items from other walmarts successfully today, but no luck. So I smiled to the cashiers who looked puzzled and said I under stand , don't worry and let me just put these back for ya......so my stash is hidden until TOMMOROW morning.

$$$$$$ I DID NOT SEE ANY SIGNS OF THE NEW 3.75 BLACK SERIES (Lando/Emperor Gaurd/Ashoka/Ackbar)$$$$$$

Happy hunting tommorow and check out SuperStores as they are selling 3.75 for $8 and 2packs for $16

Ps . Only saw wave one of 3.75 and 6"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:57:34 PM by DarthDerek »
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

I checked out my local eb games but no sign of 6" Jyn or anything else new.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »

Plans for tomorrow.
Off to Walmart here first thing then, since I live in a border city it's off to Michigan to hit Targets because they have a $25 off $100 for star Wars stuff.
I have to work tonight or i would go to the midnight openings over there as well.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »

heading to walmart first thing for me, i did score the theree  2 packs that are out at a walmart when i was traveling. got them did have all the other figures out but would not sell them. also going to try to hit up toyrus to see if i can get the ex 6 inch fig

going to get the six inch wave and if i can the 4 walmart ex figs if can find them
With Wookie Rage

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »

My travel plans for tomorrow are going to work and then going home....

The_Art_of_Sith

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Jub Jub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »

Chapters online have 6" black series wave one available to order. No need to wait for midnight.
I looked up one of the Disney store opening time is 6am tomorrow.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »

I can't order yet on indigo, maybe it's just my connection.
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »

It worked , thanx for the heads up Art Of Sith.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:18 AM »

Well, I'm finding TRU.ca and Wally.ca to be a bust for figures. Amazon.ca has 3.75 wave one for $9.99.
Check out TRU.COM , they get BS 6" on sale for $15.....wtf.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:11:50 AM »

I've always found their websites to have very few options compared to their stores. I'm just hoping to spot some wave 2 this weekend in stores since Hasbro won't give an actual release date.  :fett:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:14:09 AM by Mandalore1988 »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »

Well that was easy......go to Amazon.ca ......put them in the cart .... free shipping .......click purchase.     Saved the gas and time and the BS when I get to shelf and see the local Durham scalper snag them all to sell this weekend at the flea market.     

With that said, I will be going off shopping today and will stop off at a couple stores to see what they have.    It always great to see the product on the shelf .   Hopefully the retailers will order a lot so people won't be disappointed.   Unfortunately - this has not been the case lately in Durham.

Amazon is definitely supporting it's customers - lots of stock and they only allow you to order (1) of each figure.  This stops the resellers from coming and clearing them out.

I should also note that in the past I have gotten US versions of the figures from Amazon.ca not always but sometimes I have.   

I just watched a review on each figure from a guy who got them early.  They all look pretty good - the ground trooper guy is probably my favourite - pretty cool how his sticks attach to his back.  Sabine is probably the weakest figure.  She has a bent elbow pose and her face is not the greatest looking.

Good Luck today in the trenches fellow Snowtroopers.  :luke:
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »

I took the trek out to Walmart bright and early this morning to see what I'd see... my local store had a cardboard display with the 3.75 inch 5POA wave and the 6 inch BS wave.

The bottom of the display was packed with the 3.75 inch Black Series figures... all of them from earlier waves (e.g. Phasma, Leia, Han, Luke, Vader, Chewie, etc. ).  Doubly frustrating - nothing new...and the same sort of stock that will clog the shelves and make the ERG/Ahsoka/Ackbar/Lando wave hard to come by.  I hope I'm wrong.

Only one other Star Wars fan there to get figures... somewhat sad, but good if you're wanting to ensure you get the ones you want.

Last observation:  no vehicles, strangely.

The_Art_of_Sith

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Jub Jub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:18 AM »

It worked , thanx for the heads up Art Of Sith.

No problem, always glad to help.

Went to the Disney store at 8:30am, apparently I was their first customer since 6am.  Got some free stuff for the kids and a cardboard to make a GoRogue 2 minutes short contest. Tons of elite Rogue one series, I just picked up the death trooper and droid at full price. The force awaken stuff are all 25% off. Old elite series is $18, the 25% does not apply to them. However, when I was there the staff told be it was on all Star Wars stuff, I was able to grab c3po for 13.50, the staff honour her mistake, great service.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169431
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 37 queries.