Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 03:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will we get the variety of yesteryear?  (Read 658 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Will we get the variety of yesteryear?
« on: October 13, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »

I was thinking about this and how there have not been a ton of new releases for minor or background characters for TFA yet. Not that there wasn't a fair number (in 5 POA) to start with but...

Given that Disney is going to be churning out at least a film a year by the looks of it for the foreseeable future, what do you think the chances are that we will be getting background rebel #27 and their off-white/silver astromech any time soon? I mean, when Kenner/Hasbro ran with it for the last almost 2 decades they had basically 3...then finally 6 films and the EU to dip into. Maybe toy makers simply will struggle to keep up with the main/frontline characters from every new offering?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Will we get the variety of yesteryear?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »

I really liked what the provided in terms of more minor characters for TFA - but everyone (minus Cst. ZUVIO & Hassk Thug, who's parts were cut if I'm not mistaken) had at least a speaking part. I can't imagine they'll have time to mine each movie for interesting background characters the way they have in the past, what with a new movie seemingly always around the corner. Hopefully they at least pick & choose a few background characters from past movies to appease those of us that like interesting aliens & robots to go along with our main characters.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:51:14 AM »

With a new movie every year, I don't think we will be seeing the kind of variety that we used to. There just isn't enough time between movies to make many minor characters. I'm glad that characters like Sarco Plank, Constable Zuvio and Hassk Thug were made earlier on, otherwise they would have never happened. I wish we could get some new offerings from the first six movies as well. Everything on the pegs right now in the basic 3 3/4 line comes from the Disney era. It would be nice for kids to have the chance to get Ben Kenobi, Luke farm boy, Count Dooku, etc, but there just isn't time or space in the line to get those figures done. Hopefully the 40th anniversary of A New Hope will be an opportunity for some new figures from that film.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:27:48 AM »

Just like Disney and Hasbro are recycling some of the older designs, I'm sure that some of the upcoming projects will present some of the classic characters in starring roles. And Hasbro may dip into that well.

Yeah, I'm kind of slowing down on collecting but it would be nice to think Disney would be giving us at least every single bar patron from Maz's place that had some screen time, especially the two "spies" and that big Bossk-like guy! Or how about that character towing stuff behind him when Rey arrives to sell her junk? He was somebody you'd think would have got his day in plastic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170145
  • Total Topics: 14398
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 37 queries.