Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES  (Read 4326 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »

While I have no problem with education, I would argue that what we need is love and respect for each other more than critical thinking skills.  It wouldn't take critical thinking to realize that someone promoting racism should not be supported, because you would love and respect people regardless of skin colour (or sex, or nationality, or religion, or whatever). Perhaps it's a pie in the sky ideal, but it is a nice thought...

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 07:10:58 AM »

If you get a chance to watch : "The Choice 2016" episode from the TV show the Passionate Eye on CBC it is worth a watch.  You will get an idea of why Hillary and Donald act as they do.  You will also see Obama was probably the main reason why Donald ran for office. 
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »

The comment that has interested me the most so far - and unfortunately I can't remember or provide the source - was "It's not enough to have a Liberal elite."

I took this to mean that the Hillary supporters were too entitled, too haughty & too smug to actually work toward spreading the news to their undecided friends without looking down on them or seeming arrogant. Most of them likely never felt like they needed to bother trying to convince anyone else - they just took for granted she'd waltz to the White House (I know I did). This type of attitude will often meet a harsh response, which certainly happened here.

You'd almost assume the opposite should be true, right? That the rich, right wingers would be the ones judging & looking down from their high horses? Sad that the shoe has wound up on the other foot. :(

I think significant lessons will be learned from this.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »

While I have no problem with education, I would argue that what we need is love and respect for each other more than critical thinking skills.  It wouldn't take critical thinking to realize that someone promoting racism should not be supported, because you would love and respect people regardless of skin colour (or sex, or nationality, or religion, or whatever). Perhaps it's a pie in the sky ideal, but it is a nice thought...

No it is a completely valid thought and should be at the table to compete with the all too standard "realist" narrative that too easily dominates most debates. If we can't aspire to be better fellow beings then what's the point of having a society in the first place? I myself would have it as an equal companion to critical thinking but maybe that's just me!

And JJ, I think either side could easily make the same error but the right seems to have learned the lesson first, though Sanders seemed to be getting it!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »

The comment that has interested me the most so far - and unfortunately I can't remember or provide the source - was "It's not enough to have a Liberal elite."

I took this to mean that the Hillary supporters were too entitled, too haughty & too smug to actually work toward spreading the news to their undecided friends without looking down on them or seeming arrogant. Most of them likely never felt like they needed to bother trying to convince anyone else - they just took for granted she'd waltz to the White House (I know I did). This type of attitude will often meet a harsh response, which certainly happened here.

You'd almost assume the opposite should be true, right? That the rich, right wingers would be the ones judging & looking down from their high horses? Sad that the shoe has wound up on the other foot. :(

I think significant lessons will be learned from this.
I think it is a reminder that the left is no better than the right (especially when you are way out there) - finding the middle ground is usually the best place to be :)`

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »

Just watched this past weekend's Saturday Night Live - they stated that 55% of the voters are women.    The person who made the comment was black and he said - if 55% of voters were black - America would never have another white President - so he did not get why women when given a chance to put a woman in - they don't think a woman can do the job.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 33
Total: 34

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 38 queries.