Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 06:11:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES  (Read 3491 times)

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »

CJ is trolling us hard & we're all angry/disappointed enough to fall into his trap.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Seriously though - those in the "Most Likely to be Impeached" faction have a new champion, and his name is Donald Trump, King of the Cheetos.

haha, king of the cheetos. do you guys still watch south park at all ? they are doing a pretty good job with the whole trump thing.

the last few days have already shown things he WONT do that he said he would. Their are elements of ObamaCare he will keep. Mike Pence said banning Muslims will surely not happen. the joke/b.s continues. sadly though some of his supporters are out their spreading racism and hate taking on the crap he said and making it a reality. if he was a decent man he would be addressing them and encouraging them to stop. he did trigger it even though no one but themselves is responsible for their actions. still, he should be addressing that. He was also asked ''do you think you went too far during your campaign and he said ''no, i won didnt i''

so that says it all. Racist,hateful and other things but that doesnt matter cause i won. Only half of americans voted if you guys caught that! what a tragedy!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:09:28 PM by bob »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 11:44:01 PM »

We were at a get together today and someone mentioned that they had heard that the Republicans had the same # of people come out to vote as in the past 2 elections .  The democrats had less than the last 2 elections  - so as a result the Democrats lost because they did not vote in the same numbers.  So the democrats have only themselves to blame for the out come.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:58:33 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »

I agree with that. People weren't motivated to wait in line for Hillary the way they were for Obama.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »

So when we see all the protestors in the states - willing to wait outside hours on end to protest outside day after day - maybe a few of them should have been willing wait in line for an hour or so to vote for Hillary.   Stop your complaining and start building the wall. :P

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »

Wait a sec...maybe the people in the streets ARE the voters. How can we know? Probably better to assume the people who didn't vote are the same ones sitting at home and complaining to their family or friends...at best. If not just silently stewing. I'm pretty sure the average "too lazy to vote" type isn't going to suddenly jump out of their chair and hit the streets. That wouldn't make any sense. Sure there might be a few who join in once it gets going but day in and day out I'm pretty sure its the politically active people fueling this.

Honestly, from what I know of the American educational system I believe the root of the problem lies there. An under-educated public (and I don't mean they need to be brainiacs) is the key to easy manipulation. It doesn't guarantee anything but it certainly starts to give people the tools to think beyond their fears and assumptions.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »

This is true. The fact that there were enough dummies to augment the stereotypically rich, white Republican base is very sad. But remember - Hillary & the Democrats DID win the popular vote. All hope for common sense is NOT lost in the US..... it just didn't rear its head on this one particular night.

Would Bernie have won? In the words of Bernie himself "It doesn't matter". Hillary WON the Democratic primary by being the her party's choice in more places than Bernie. Whether folks thought she had earned it, was the most qualified, or stood the best chance of winning we'll never know - sadly she was none of the above. Hindsight is 2020 - and oddly enough that's the same year they'll vote for President again.

I still think Trump will be gone within the first 2 years, meaning Mike Pence - who is an absolutely perfect puppet for his party, that idiot will say ANYTHING to seem conservative & republican (and I'm talking anything - anti abortion, anti   marriage, anti intelligence & tolerance of any sort) - will be the president long before the next vote even takes place. The folks won't like him. We'll see Bernie's designate in power soon enough.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »

I don't think having more education in life makes you smarter than anyone.   The school of life is a powerful educator. Today I watched a show about a town where they voted for TRUMP 4 to 1, traditionally this is an area that would vote for the Democratic Party.   What I saw was not dummies or the uneducated - I saw people who are desperate .   They got nothing to loose - it can only get better under TRUMP or stay the same.   The forgotten American decided to vote.   Maybe next time the other 100 million that did not vote might be heard.   I just watched the 60 minutes TV show - which dedicated an hour to TRUMP and his family.  The interview happened this past Friday.   What I saw was a successful business man who is very respectful and humbled by the opportunity and challenge that awaits him over the next 4 years.    I am an optimist - so I think the future could be very bright for America, this is the same optimism and hope that the forgotten American is counting on.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 11:10:57 PM »

Don't get me wrong, education is not the only answer. But the school of life can get too much credit as well, especially if a lack of education also leads people into desperate lives where they can never even leave their own town/community and all their information is based on that limited experience. That school of life is pretty limited and unfairly so. Poverty can also lead to a lack of tools to see beyond your own desperation and fears. The key is being able to learn how to think. Even some of what we probably consider good educational systems don't necessarily teach this. They might teach memorization of facts but they may not teach someone how to be critical and question and see the value in that open mindedness. The school of life comes into play of course even for those who may get a descent education (without life experience it would never be tested and challenged), some without any education or opportunities get lucky and they learn the right lessons from that (it probably teaches them "how to think by chance!" or more likely gives them insight into the game being played out around them and they find a way to be more successful in that game but without necessarily challenging it or changing it for the better) but the majority never do and many who go through the educational system never do. Which is why I said that I think it is a problem with their system (and ours again for that matter). We are some of the freest nations in history and yet we allow our governments and those good at generating wealth to squander our potential for true greatness, to help us become better fellow citizens working together rather than competing for scraps.

Anyway, its not really "one thing" that causes people to get manipulated. I just think a much better education system there and here for that matter can give people tools to deal with what life presents them. We under value education everywhere. As a species our brains are ultimately what separates us from other species. The fact we leave that tool so much to chance baffles me sometimes. Then again we are not just our intellects. We also have all those instincts and emotions. Education can't get around that but it can become a voice in that mix. Take it out and you've got one less voice to help you make decisions.

Oddly, even before his run for president all I had heard of Trump recently was how he was basically a failed business man. I wonder how/if that more recent take on his business career was spun to make him sound better than he actually is behind the numbers...has he even released his tax records yet like every other president does? The Clintons use a forensic audit! Look it up! It's pretty intense, doesn't allow you to hide much! Trump may or may not be a great business man but he's a heck of a showman that's for sure, and very very used to dealing with legalities and such. I would never underestimate him on that front! No amount of law suits would ever shame him into changing his stripes that's for sure.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:26:14 PM by sinkie »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »

Well thought out your ideas on Education.    I have been lucky to work in a lot of different companies and environments and I also have an University Education.   I value both equally. 

All great entrepreneurs of the world have failed.  What makes you great is your ability to get back up from the failures and keep moving ahead.   Every time you fail just brings you one more step closer to success.   On the 60 minute TV show - Trump official stated that he is not taking the $400,000 salary that the job pays for President - he is going to be paid $1.   And he arrived in Washington DC on his own Jet Plane with the name TRUMP written all over it.   I would sorta disagree if someone thinks he is not successful. 

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:18 PM »

Well thought out your ideas on Education.    I have been lucky to work in a lot of different companies and environments and I also have an University Education.   I value both equally. 

All great entrepreneurs of the world have failed.  What makes you great is your ability to get back up from the failures and keep moving ahead.   Every time you fail just brings you one more step closer to success.   On the 60 minute TV show - Trump official stated that he is not taking the $400,000 salary that the job pays for President - he is going to be paid $1.   And he arrived in Washington DC on his own Jet Plane with the name TRUMP written all over it.   I would sorta disagree if someone thinks he is not successful.

I think Trump is successful. Someone who would argue needs to reconsider the definition of what makes a person successful. Because in my opinion, being elected President of the United States is probably the best success story one can put in his resume. Looking at what he did to reach his goals is certainly questionable, but not the fact that he succeeded in obtaining what he wanted. He is the embodiment of what a success story is all about in the US right now: he has billions, his name is on everything, he now owns the most powerful country in the World...

It does not say he deserves respect. Respect is not something you gain with billions. It's something you earn by respecting others in return. Which he will do, but not with any human candor or respectable values, but rather with the threats of pushing down the red button and with the nuclear launch codes he will have in his suitcase. :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:14:03 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »

hes an idiot! :) whats bugging me the most right now is he used racism and hate in his messages and now hes acting like he never said those things almost. at least he acknowledged all the crap his ''fans'' are up too the past week but i still dont like him and he def comes across as somebody who used that extremity to get votes and then wont claim responsibility for it, saying ''i won, didnt i?'' as he said when he was asked if he went too far. blaaah

as far as being educated goes thats a big umbrella and can mean a lot of things. Thinking for yourself/Questioning authority is all it takes to have some awareness at least. Some people are complete sheep but they may be that with or without school. so it all depends. if you need to learn how to do something and school is were you learn that, then obvoiusly its a great thing! it all depends what it is. big subject!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:00:59 PM by bob »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 11:33:54 PM »

I think Trump is successful. Someone who would argue needs to reconsider the definition of what makes a person successful. Because in my opinion, being elected President of the United States is probably the best success story one can put in his resume. Looking at what he did to reach his goals is certainly questionable, but not the fact that he succeeded in obtaining what he wanted. He is the embodiment of what a success story is all about in the US right now: he has billions, his name is on everything, he now owns the most powerful country in the World...

It does not say he deserves respect. Respect is not something you gain with billions. It's something you earn by respecting others in return. Which he will do, but not with any human candor or respectable values, but rather with the threats of pushing down the red button and with the nuclear launch codes he will have in his suitcase. :P

I put Trump in the same category as that scalper that bought up all those Hatchimals, Patrick!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 07:16:29 AM »

Holy Christ, that's funny!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley: :rollfloorlaffsmiley: :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 09:51:50 AM »

I put Trump in the same category as that scalper that bought up all those Hatchimals, Patrick!

Definitely! He majorly screwed the American people into believing he could do the President job, but since the election day, he looks like he was the fool: it's like he now realizes he will now have to do real work and his agenda will be 100% filled all the time with cameras and secret services having an eye on him everywhere (and not only when he so wishes). He lost all the freedom his billions offered him. Just because he wanted to prove the World (or his US-only World) that he could win this "rigged" thing... :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »

If you still need any doubt dispelled just look at this worse-than-comic-book villain he's named as his Chief Strategist! Steve Bannon. He's an accused wife-beater to start, he's a former Goldman-Sachs banker and on a good day he says fairly innocuous things like women on the pill are all ugly! I guess we can at least say Trump is sticking to his principles in such an appointment! Scary poop if you ask me. He's promoted the KKK and other white supremacists, his former wife says he's a vocal anti-Semite...oh good god. I have to stop reading or I think I'm going to be depressed all day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169375
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 53
Total: 55

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 39 queries.