Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 08:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 3/4 Fan's Choice  (Read 4971 times)

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: 3 3/4 Fan's Choice
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »

i thought i heard the Tonnika Sisters thing was resolved and they are able to do it. i could very well see that happening if what i remember is true.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »

i thought i heard the Tonnika Sisters thing was resolved and they are able to do it. i could very well see that happening if what i remember is true.

The Tonnika Sisters are still an issue as one of them never signed the release before she died a few years ago. So this will never be done. Forget it. Let's move on.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »

Okay, my two cents on this Fans' Choice Vintage Collection 2017 Poll...

My personal choice would be to go with a not-too-obscure character, yet not a core character. A character that is attractive to most fans, that has a nice selling potential for Hasbro.

My advice would be as follows:

- Do not choose a core character, a hero or a main villain. These are most likely to be produced anyway. Heroes like Luke, Han, Leia, or main villains like Vader, Boba Fett, Grievous, Dooku, etc. are hot sellers for Hasbro and will most likely be integrated in some waves of the next TVC round.

- Do not pick up Clone Wars or Rebels characters. These are produced for their respective lines (5POA). Choosing an animated series character to fill a most-sought spot that could be filled with an unproduced super articulated character is a nonsense to me. Sorry about that but that's the way most fans think anyway.

- Do not pick up Expanded Characters. Okay, I would love to get Celeste Morne or Zayne Carrick, but let's face it,
EU is mostly dead. Sorry, but that's the truth, it's no longer cannon. I don't want the "Jaina Solo faked results" to be happening in the 3.75" realm.

- Do not choose Realistic Clone Wars Captain Rex. The mold exists. It will happen. You do not need to waste a fan's choice vote for something that is an easy-do for Hasbro (mold exists). Do not waste a vote, please.

- Most importantly, please check if your choice has already been produced by Hasbro in a similar articulation format. Two major sources to check that:

1) Rebelscum's Photo Archives

2) JediTempleArchives Visual Guide

Please do your homework.

Finally, here's a (not so extensive) list of websites where we can cast your votes. Remember, only one choice per email address per site (and their respective social media form):

1) Rebelscum.com:

Email: news1@rebelscum.com
Subject: Vintage Collection Poll 2017

2) Yakface.com:

Email: yakfacenews@comcast.net
Subject: TBS Fans’ Choice 2017

3) Yodasnews:

Email: yodasnewsfanchoice@gmail.com

4) Jedidefender.com

Email: jsmentek@jedidefender.com
Subject: 2017 Hasbro Fan Figure Vote

5) http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

Email: hasbro@jedinews.co.uk

6) JediBusiness.com

Post in the Facebook comment below the post here: http://jedibusiness.com/NewsDetails?id=515

7) Jedi Temple Archives

Strangely not yet available! Coming soon!

My personal choice would go to: YAK FACE

But that's just me.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »

I will be voting OT for sure. And someone who's never been done in the modern line. Sim Aloo is a possibility. Hasbro should have completed the original Kenner line 10 years ago, it should have been a no-brainer. But in this area, Hasbro has shown no big-picture thinking and extreme short-sightedness. So someone I would not think should need a vote, clearly needs votes to let Hasbro know.  :shakehead: :crazy: :mad0218:

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »

JTA just narrowed it down to 25 choices after preliminary rounds.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20135

You have until tomorrow 12:30 PM and can vote for as many as you wish
(went for all OT ones)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:56:46 PM by DarthMark »

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »

The Tonnika sisters seem to be a go. They made the top 25 at JTA.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

Tonnika sisters for this fan.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »

Meh, give me Obi-Wan's girl friends sister - Bo-Katan Kryze.
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »

My six out of the twenty five would be Bib, Lobot, TonkaTruck Sisters..lol, Yak, Uncle Owen and the Dignitary Snoke guy. 
I guess it's the Original trilogy in me coming through. :P
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 03:52:33 PM »

It seems like some people are in an uproar about Ben Skywalker from the old novels getting tons of votes. I think the theory is that some of those who are voting are just doing it as a favour to a friend and have no intention of buying the figure when and if it's made. I'm wondering what the thoughts here are on this. Is it wrong to rally people to support your choice, or is this just sour grapes from people who couldn't rally enough support for their cause?
I guess another possible reason for Ben Skywalker's high numbers could be one or a few people using multiple email addresses to vote. If that's the case then I think that's cheating, but even then, what can be done about it?

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 05:20:15 PM »

I think the Ben Skywalker voting is being organized by a small group that wants to see this figure made for some reason. In all my years of collecting he has never even been mentioned including the recent 6 inch poll. Why wasn't he on the top of the list for that? From my perspective someone set up a bot or something similar to get in a high volume of votes. I am hoping that the moderators of the votes at the various sites put a stop to it. It also doesn't make sense why he would have a larger number of votes on one site and basically zero on another. This screams scam to me.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »

Collectors Unite! Help block Ben Skywalker!

When the Poll officially opens at starwars.com, all should massively vote for ONE and ONLY ONE character, the one that truly has a chance to put an end to this destructive conflict!

And that hero is: YAK FACE

Choose your Fate. #VoteYakFace

Frank Herbert

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »

Bah, we just got a yakface.  :winking0071:

#stillagreatfigure

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 12:17:11 AM »

Exactly, we need Sim Aloo. Collectors unite! Help complete the Kenner line in the modern era!

Where the heck did Ben Skywalker come from? Of all the EU characters to rally around...  :confused0024: If the EU fans had to rally around someone at least choose someone interesting like Jaxxon!

Bah, we just got a yakface.  :winking0071:

#stillagreatfigure

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »

ya, i knew i heard awhile back that the Tonnika Sister(s) was ok to happen. it might only be the one though but thats fine. just buy two and repaint the other one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 61
Total: 63

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 38 queries.