Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 02:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone else asked to complete a survery by Hasbro Toy Shop?  (Read 1224 times)

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
anyone else asked to complete a survery by Hasbro Toy Shop?
« on: December 08, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »

really cool survey with some neat ideas about where the black series line may be headed.

anyone else do it?

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: anyone else asked to complete a survery by Hasbro Toy Shop?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »

I think JTA just posted some screenshots

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »

Here is link to actual survey if you want to fill it.

20% discount code for hasbroshop at the end.

For questions 19-20-21 I checked very interested in other and wrote '' 3 3/4'' versions''.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWTheBlackSeries

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »

what interests me the most is the chance at some "props". What scares me the most is them contemplating an even larger increase to the price of figures.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »

I completed it last night. Interesting question about if we would pay $5 more for premium packaging in the 6" line. I am thinking that Hasbro is looking to put the 6" on vintage like card backs. What else could they do that would cost $5 more?

I also thought it was interesting when they asked about interest in other 6" items. A Rancor was on the list. That thing would be huge. I guess around the same size at the Tie Fighter. It would be interesting.
I am not a huge fan of lights/sounds and I am hoping they don't go that direction. I listed 3.75" collecting as my main priority. I would love to see what the results of the survey are and the age of who actually completed it. I would bet a hefty portion of the surveys will be completed by collectors like us and I think that is a good thing.

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »

I did too. Very good step for Hasbro, just when I was starting to loose faith in them!
CC1138

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »

I am an avid 6" collector and am eager to see Hasbro release any and all of the 6" figures they surveyed about (except anything from Ep7).

However, with an estimated 1000 figures in my 3.75" collection, when the question came up in the survey asking if I could only have one line in the Black Series, which would it be? I chose 3.75", no question.

The 6" scale is nice (even moreso for Marvel Legends), and at the moment fits better with my collecting habits and life in general, but I have so much more time and money invested in 3.75" that I could never give it up. Even if it means only a handful of new figures per year compared to what we used to get. There's not many more must-have characters left, but we can always use more backgrounders like Jabba goons, cantina aliens, etc etc. And bring back my old EU figures!

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »

I decided to check out the survey.  Interesting.

Some of the questions would have been easier to answer with examples.  Like, what would qualify as a simpler and more detailed paint deco for General Lando?  Also, regarding wanting light and sound features, I could care less if a figure talks or makes blaster sounds, but a light-up sabre could be cool.

I wonder if we'll be seeing a new "deluxe" scale.  It would make sense if it's the only way for Hasbro to cost out making characters like Grevious and a Gamorrean Guard.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 12:40:25 AM »

When they talked about larger accessories or electronics and things like the Rancor my immediate thought was "they are already too expensive". Could you imagine the price point on a Rancor?????
I still ranked the Dewback as a must have! I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »

When they talked about larger accessories or electronics and things like the Rancor my immediate thought was "they are already too expensive". Could you imagine the price point on a Rancor?????
I still ranked the Dewback as a must have! I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

my guess is that they are trying to tap into the high end collectible market a bit. The Sideshow dewback goes for hundreds and hundreds of dollars now...maybe offering a version that isn't quite at the same level, but at a much lower price point, will attract a large portion of the fanbase.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »

I completed it. Sad to me that their focus is on so many different things that I just will never give a hang about - props, helmets, etc. Ah well, I'm sure they're very interesting to others.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »

I noticed a bit of a focus in the survey as well regarding props, helmets etc. I believe these types of items sell pretty good for Hasbro. I don't care to much for them myself but each to his own.

San Fran

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »

I agree with most everyone's comments here. I filled it out as well, with my choice being 3.75" if it was going to be that or 6" going forward. Lots of intriguing figures they are considering for the 6" line (General Grievous, Dengar, 4-LOM, etc.).

Also, very surprised at their focus on the props. I like them, but I'm not a big prop collector myself. That First Order Baton would be pretty amazing though! Expensive, but amazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 37 queries.