Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRU Sale - up to 30% off all figures (Dec 16-22)  (Read 696 times)

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
TRU Sale - up to 30% off all figures (Dec 16-22)
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »

Starting Friday, Toys R Us is going to have up to 30% off all figures (excluding clearance and what not).  The flyer shows the Andor two-pack ($17.17), but no 6" figures.  So, for those of us hoping to use the flyer for price matching, we're out of luck.   

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Sale - up to 30% off all figures (Dec 16-22)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:34:11 AM »

I've try to use the flyer price match with Walmart last time and got turn down, due to the picture on the flyer isn't the same one as the one I'm looking to purchased

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 06:38:36 AM »

The sale has already started......at least online at toysrus.ca.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 07:18:36 AM »

Toys R Us will match other Canadian online retailer prices (item must be in stock) when shown on your mobile device.  Walmart may do the same.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 09:19:31 AM »

I've try to use the flyer price match with Walmart last time and got turn down, due to the picture on the flyer isn't the same one as the one I'm looking to purchased

That's too bad.

In my experience, I've found when price matching flyers, as long as the item's title is "generic" enough (like Kellogg's cereal as opposed to Kellogg's Corn Pops), they'll do the price match. 

I have, however, found the length of time or explanation to get the price match can differ from cashier to cashier.  One time, a price match on TVC figures took one WM cashier like 10 seconds.  At another location, the cashier had to consult another cashier and then they had to talk with a manager until finally, like 10 minutes later, the price match was done. 

I've also found attitudes can be different, too.  I once got shown attitude from a cashier because a flyer had the sale price AND the percent off.  And that store didn't price match percentages.  (Funny thing is the cashier had been at customer service earlier in the day and was the person I asked what I needed to price match - basically, as long as the flyer was current and the item matched the item they had and the actual sale price was printed, I was good.  The flyer I used had all of those things, but it also showed how much lower the sale price was than the original by way of a percentage.)  This cashier ended up talking to a manager and it was decided they would allow it that time.  All told to me in a not exactly pleasant tone.

So, ya, results can vary.

I've found price matching a website generally needs to have the exact item in stock (not just 6" BS for example, but a 6" Jyn or whatever particular figure you want). 

The sale has already started......at least online at toysrus.ca.

Thanks for the heads up.  I checked another flyer item on the site and it seems to not be on sale yet so it may just be the Star Wars stuff. 

Toys R Us.ca is also currently offering free shipping - no minimum (though I didn't look at the fine print so maybe there's a catch).  Today's the last day for that. 

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »

Toys R Us will match other Canadian online retailer prices (item must be in stock) when shown on your mobile device.  Walmart may do the same.

All depends on who you get. The lady at the Walmart I frequent recognizes me and she price matched for me when I showed the flyer on my phone. At a different store, she wouldn't but since I got it from Walmart.ca, I just emailed them and got the adjustment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 37 queries.