Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 10:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogue One - What did you think? (Possible spoilers)  (Read 5159 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One - What did you think? (Possible spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2017, 11:53:19 PM »

It's funny, I think I'm getting old or something.  I remember thinking old black and white movies were slow and boring. Now people seem to think the original star wars is slow and boring. Personally I find most modern action films so frenetic I don't have time to breathe. I can hear in my brain a curmudgeony voice "Back in my day star wars was fast paced... movies today are just chaos!!!" ☺

Anyway I really enjoyed rogue one. It definitely felt different yet verrrry star wars OT style. Kind of felt like a pilot episode for a new series. Well if everyone didn't die at the end!! :P
 I need to see it a second time to better digest but I think it should hold up.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 05:47:50 AM »

I'm glad the girls are into it! My daughter's first theatre movie was AOTC, back in 2002!!! Yet another sign that I'm a lot more Old Ben these days than I am Luke Skywalker......  :( :( :(

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

It's funny, I think I'm getting old or something.  I remember thinking old black and white movies were slow and boring. Now people seem to think the original star wars is slow and boring. Personally I find most modern action films so frenetic I don't have time to breathe. I can hear in my brain a curmudgeony voice "Back in my day star wars was fast paced... movies today are just chaos!!!" ☺

I totally agree with you there! I always use my Transformers 3 story as an example - we watched it at the drive-in as the 2nd feature. My wife fell asleep 5 minutes in, and I felt like gouging my eyes out. It was non-stop explosions. Which I understand is Michael Bay's signature, but still - with an hour left in the movie I started to think about just going home; we had gone there to see the 1st feature and were just suffering through Transformers because it was included.

I love fast-paced action, but it needs to have slower moments and quiet plot & character development for it to mean anything. I think part of it could be how people today have become overstimulated and have short attention spans. If something is not constantly keeping their attention, they automatically say "boring" and want to move on to the next thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170154
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 37 queries.