Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 03:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebel Scum Canada Find Reports  (Read 1972 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Rebel Scum Canada Find Reports
« on: December 23, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »

Just wondering if anyone finds the reports that are being shown on rebel scum's front page troublesome .   By the way full disclosure - I hardly go to rebel scum any more. 

Here is the latest one: ( and I am pretty sure there have been other Canadian finds hitting their front page.)

Hasbro: The Black Series Walmart 3 3/4-Inch Sergeant Jyn Erso & Imperial Death Trooper In Stock Online In Canada
Posted by Chad on December 22, 2016 at 08:11 PM CST | Forums
Walmart.ca currently has The Black Series Walmart Exclusive 3 3/4-inch Sergeant Jyn Erso and Imperial Death Trooper in stock!! Click the links to order yours before they sell out.

Personally, I think Chad should not be posting on the front page of rebel scum a link that states  "Click the links to orders yours before they sell out."  This makes it easy for people surfing the net such as scalpers to easily connect to the purchase page and purchase all the inventory.   

So next time you wonder why it's so hard to get Darth Raven or the Imperial Death Trooper or what ever the latest product everyone wants - just thank good old Chad for making you drive around to every store instead of just ordering it on line.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:53:48 PM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Scum Canada Find Reports
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:05:36 AM »

Full disclosure - I got banned from Rebelscum a long time ago when SirStevesguide went through a weird phase where Steve was no longer in control of his domain name - we went offside and did "online activism" at Rebelscum forums to bring some attention to our plight - they didn't like it. :(

Great photo archive though.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:49:38 PM by jjreason »

dave@rebelscum.com

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • It's only worth what you are willing to pay
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »

Criticize our site all you would like guys, but do note that Chad is a fellow Canadian collector. He's one of four Canadians on the Scummer team, including me. His reporting store finds on RS is no different than you reporting them here.

If you can't find nice things to say about members of your community, perhaps the problem isn't the people you are complaining about...
Everybody Loves Applesauce.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 02:16:47 PM »

It's all fair, no one is trying to start anything - just someone posting honest feelings about one other perceived obstacle being in the way of getting what they were looking for. We certainly don't want any hard feelings between our little site & yours/theirs.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »

:fight:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:48:11 PM by Canadian Jedi »

Revan

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 01:15:22 AM »

What exactly are we bickering about?

You can't order from Wal Mart Canada's website from the USA unless you have a Canadian address and a Canadian credit card. Since their site doesn't take PayPal you can't work around the payment restriction like Canadians can with the Wal Mart USA website where I can use my border store address and use PayPal to pay.

There are not enough people in the USA with a Canadian address or forwarding service (which is expensive) and a Canadian payment methods.

This is a non issue. Even if they could import easily I import from the USA all the time. All is fair in love and war.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 01:31:26 AM »

I actually scored my Ashoka wave of 6" stuff cause of Rebelscum. I don't know many Americans who would or could buy from Walmart.ca. Being in Canada is just expensive.  I just helped someone on rebelscum get a 5 POA unmasked Kylo Ren cause his area didn't get any. Even though I ship USPS instead of Canadapost, the Canadian price and exchange just sucks cause it still cost him $13 US and I still came out short like 50 cents cause of Paypal conversion.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 04:24:45 AM »

I think the actual issue is their Canadian users buying up all the stuff without needing to log into the sight. It's like us posting our finds, store by store, on the main page & then wondering why nothing is left in stock when the next trooper heads out to buy items once they're done work, or heaven forbid the next day even. RS is a big sight with many users - it's surprising they don't have some policy about protecting the locations of reports to avoid scalping. That's how they do it, however, and we're not likely going to change it by getting in their face. I made a post on their forums about the concerns & we'll see what, if any, reply I get about it.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:57 AM »

all I can say is name calling is very....unCanadian.

I am almost never on rebelscum anymore...it used to be my go-to-place for high-end star wars collectibles, but other sites have taken over in that regard.

Having said that, I have met many amazing American collectors on that site who have helped me out tonnes in the past...just like I have here on snowtroopers.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 09:51:32 PM »

all I can say is name calling is very....unCanadian.

I am almost never on rebelscum anymore...it used to be my go-to-place for high-end star wars collectibles, but other sites have taken over in that regard.

Having said that, I have met many amazing American collectors on that site who have helped me out tonnes in the past...just like I have here on snowtroopers.

I agree Ambasah - so I deleted the negative comments - hopefully the right message can be heard now.     :)`

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »

I thought I would pipe in considering I am the "Chad" you are all referring to.  The fact is that as already mentioned US readers are not going to bother ordering from Canada for the most part, so that is a non issue. We at Rebelscum are trying to help out Canadian collectors by letting people know when product becomes available at the various retailers.  Snowtroopers have the same opportunity to purchase online as the so called scalpers do, no different than what happens at retail.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 06:45:49 AM »

Darth Chadus:

Good for you for jumping in on the conversation Chad and sharing your thoughts.   I still do not agree with you Chad.  People who scalp - buy and sell for a living figure out ways to make purchases from foreign sites. People with the means buy from foreign sites.  I myself have purchase from the UK and US and had them shipped to hotels, store locations or a friends.    So I know I am standing on solid ground when I say that when you make a quick link and a statement such as hurry up and get them before they are gone on Rebelscum you are not helping Canadian collectors at all.   These are new figures that everyone is trying to get and are faced at buying high rates on eBay for - so what ever the cost is from walmart.ca and the inconvenience they face - it is worth it and those same people order multiple ones for their buddies etc.  What even makes the problem worse in the recent posting you did - is they are exclusives to walmart.ca and to my knowledge have not even show up at Canadian retail.  The end result is the same - in Canada we get limited amount of stock and you are advertising the stock to a large group of people around the world - European and Americans - and making it easy for them to click and take that stock away from the Canadian market.   And if you want to truly support the Canadian market and the Snowtroopers - report it here at Snowtroopers - let your fellow collectors get a chance at the stock and after a week - when hopefully the stock has been purchased by Canadians - report that the new products are showing up in Canada so the American and Europeans can be on the look out for it on their shelves. 

What I would love to see is both you and Dave become more a part of the group at Snowtroopers - Dave has not reported anything on this site in the last 10 years and you have not reported here anything since the summer of 2016.   But you do report very quickly things on rebelscum.   So ask yourself if there is a dedicated web site for Canadian collectors that both you and dave clearly know about and neither report the new find on the web site - but rush to report them on an international site like rebel scum - are you really Canadian collectors trying to support Canadian collectors. 

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

Great reply CJedi,
I just heard the MIC DROP.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fV40ob_OXC4/maxresdefault.jpg
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:28:22 AM by DarthDerek »
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »

Well I hope Dave and Chad pick up the MIC and join our Jedi Council - they are welcome on the forms anytime.  If they read our forms and were involved with the Snowtroopers they would be able to get their reports correct !!! :)

Scout Report from Canadian Jedi on Snowtroopers.ca
December 15, 2016, 04:31:56 PM
Found the robot ATAT by Hasbro at TRU.  $399.99 on sale for $299.99 .

Front Page Posted by Chad on December 26, 2016 at 06:11 PM CST on Rebelscum.com
The Hasbro Rapid Fire Imperial AT-ACT is now available at Toysrus.ca. It is unfortunate that this wasn't available in Canada in time for parents to put under the tree on Christmas morning. It is currently listed at $399.99 which may be a tough sell after the holiday season. If you are still interested in picking up this set click the above link.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:04:05 PM by Canadian Jedi »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »

They've amended the report to say it was found before Christmas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169126
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 37 queries.