Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peg warmers  (Read 1275 times)

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
Peg warmers
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »

Now that Christmas is over what is everyone seeing for peg warmers. I was at TRU yesterday and they had a ton of 6" Hovertank and Snowtroopers. At Walmarts I am typically seeing 3.75" BS Finn, Leia, Phasma, Han. Overall there are quite a few figures of all kinds on the pegs and I am worried nothing new will new coming out until all the old stuff is gone.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Peg warmers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »

Jakku Finn has to be the standard bearer for Disney Era figures so far - I see every version of him (5POA, 3.75" Black Series & 6") almost every time I hit a store. 5POA Cst. Zuvio isn't too far behind.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »

Sadly, it's hardly a surprise that the 3.75" BS figures peg warm at the price they're currently sitting at without any sign of going on sale ever. Even the 6" BS fogs go on sale occasionally at WM. Most of the regular 3.75" TFA figures peg warm at all my local Walmarts as well.

:fett:

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »

In my neck of the woods we have an endless supply of Hovertank pilots, Jyn and Cassian figures (TRU). At Walmart it's pretty much as you describe it (BS Han, Leia, Phasma, etc). Not many Zuvios... In terms of 6 inch BS we still have (sigh) Flametroopers.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »

A sale would be nice on the 3.75 BS figures. Gone are the days of troop building.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »

Walmart is the worst place for having sales, ie. they rarely/never have them anymore. They have gotten comfortable and established in Canada and just don't care. They're not hungry anymore.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:23:06 PM »

They've had the rollback price of 7.92 for a few weeks now, which I think has thinned out the herds a little bit. If they keep seeding the aisles with the odd case of new figures and leave the price there, I think they'll be able to move all the old stock.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

the rollback sale has been on close to 2 months! i think ur messing that up! its been a sweet rollback and they have sold a lot of those figures in my area.

the usual pegwarmers you guys mention are also in my area. A clone army of flametroopers at the one walmart but not the others near me.

They have to put this stuff on sale in the stores. Walmart seems to have sales the odd time online only,anymore. they are nuts thinking 18 bucks for a SA 3 3/4'' fig is going to sell.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:56:44 PM by bob »

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »

They've had the rollback price of 7.92 for a few weeks now, which I think has thinned out the herds a little bit. If they keep seeding the aisles with the odd case of new figures and leave the price there, I think they'll be able to move all the old stock.

The rollback price seems to be over. I was in a Walmart today and the 5POA figures were back to 9.92. Online they're also back up to 9.92.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »

Glad I got what I wanted while it was in effect.  :speechless-smiley-004:

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 11:46:58 PM »

As of last night TFA 5POA werent on rollback anymore but the NEWER Rogue One line was and still is as of today. Dont u think clearing out older figs makes more sense then keeping the new movies current line on sale ?? dumbasses! haha
not that im complaining about it but thats kinda back asswards! ;)

oh well. for anyone that needs or wants anything grab em online while u can still get a rollback price on Rogue One 5POA....

cheers! happy new year!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:51:23 PM by bob »

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »

As of last night TFA 5POA werent on rollback anymore but the NEWER Rogue One line was and still is as of today. ...

You are right. Of course the figure I chose to check by scanning was a TFA one. The 5POA Rogue One figures available online are also still 7.92.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

San Fran

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17:40 AM »

Keep an eye out at your local Winners and Marshalls locations, especially now post-Christmas.

They had a wide range of Rogue One figures for $7.99, and now some are marked down to $5 at my local Marshalls (specifically the Imperial Ground Crew figure).

Winners & Marshalls also carried the 1st wave of the 'The Force Awakens' 6" Black Series: Rey & BB-8, Finn, and First Order Stormtrooper are ones I saw during the Holidays for $14.99. (I picked up a 'Rey & BB-8' 6" pack for my daughter & her dollhouse - haha - got it for 30% off the $14.99 during a special 2-day TJX Style + member sale on Dec. 22nd & 23rd, they had 30% all books, games, and toys fo rthose 2 days)

Also, Giant Tiger carried the Rogue One & The Force Awakens 5POA figures this Christmas as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169089
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 38 queries.