Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 08:46:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogue One - Visual Guide  (Read 931 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Rogue One - Visual Guide
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:48 PM »

Purchased this for the full $37 price at WalMart last night, against my own better judgement. That being said, I really enjoy these books - I've just always managed to get them for a much lower price leading up to this one.

Now for my opinion - buy this book. At the risk of sounding crazy, choose this over 2 Black Series figures or the novelization - this is the best thing from Rogue One I've seen besides the movie. Flipping through this thing will create an intense desire in any fan to go back & watch the movie with the pause button handy so you find all the cool characters shown in whichever small corners of the screen they must inhabit. I suddenly want about 100 figures from this movie, and it's sad to believe they'll only produce a few of them.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One - Visual Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »

Thats cool. i saw this book at Chapters before christmas but im not overly into those books. maybe i will wait for this to show up at a lower price point though and maybe grab it.

i went with my mom last night and saw Rogue One in 3D. it was her first time seeing a 3D movie. she liked it! the sound was the loudest out of the last 2 times i saw it in the theatre which was awesome but at first i wasnt sure my mom was going to be able to handle it. lol. everytime a loud explosion went of or whatever she jumped. lol but she got use to it. funny :)

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:30:21 AM »

I think they have this at Costco also.  For $20.... :(

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:57:01 AM »

That's normally where I would get it & normally the price I would pay - WalMart had the Force Awakens one for the 40 percent off I recall which made it doable. I was shocked at the counter honestly when the price came up, but I wanted the book.  :( :speechless-smiley-004:

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »

That's normally where I would get it & normally the price I would pay - WalMart had the Force Awakens one for the 40 percent off I recall which made it doable. I was shocked at the counter honestly when the price came up, but I wanted the book.  :( :speechless-smiley-004:

yep, you are right. a year ago right around this time TFA guide was 40 percent off. it probably will drop somewhere eventually but last i saw walmart didnt have the Rogue One guide. just chapters did. smaller numbers for this movie i guess.

speaking of. i just noticed this morning the 3D ends on Thurs in my city for Rouge. i really got into the 3D yesterday so i think i might have to go tomorrow as its prob the last of it here. 2d is still around till next week atm. i want to see it in 3D again though and i dont feel like traveling out of town to do it..so one more time tomorrow :P

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »

I received mine 2 days ago.
As you said, it just makes me want to see the movie again and crave for dozens of figures.

For those interested, it's still 23$ on amazon.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »

Nothing about Bor Gullet!!??!! I just went back to have a look about that creature & there is no mention!  :(

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »

Nothing about Bor Gullet!!??!! I just went back to have a look about that creature & there is no mention!  :(

i hope they release a lot of that extra footage as bonus material. Gareth Edwards said in an interview that their are about 3 diff ways the story went with things shot with that in mind. i think he said that for the most part anyway. something like that...its on utube somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:42:19 PM by bob »

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »

I picked one up today at Costco for $21.  It's actually bigger than I expected (in page count, not size.  All DK books are seemingly the same size.  I've only skimmed through it, but I see what you mean about characters that will never be realized as figures (unless it's a fans choice or some impossible to get in Canada exclusive).

Can't wait to sit down on a Sunday and read it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 38 queries.