Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 06:56:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

23 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EU/Legends figures  (Read 458 times)

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
EU/Legends figures
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »

Probably like a lot of other people, I picked up a lot of the EU/Legends figures back when Hasbro was regularly making them. I know some of these figures like Darth Revan, Jacen and Jaina Solo were hard to come by even when they were new, but now that time has gone by, they really seem to be selling for a lot. I'm wondering if anyone thinks these figures will continue to increase in value, or as we get farther away from the old EU, or these characters will be forgotten and the figures won't be in high demand? I have some that I'm tempted to trade, but am worried that someday I'll get nostalgic for the old EU and not be able to afford to buy any of them back!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: EU/Legends figures
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »

That's always the tough part. With modern collectibles it seems very much like "strike while the iron is hot" is the best way to maximize your profits, but there sadly also the chance you might want it back in a year's time only to find it's worth even more!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: EU/Legends figures
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:34 AM »

If there's any doubt in your mind that you may want them back someday, then don't trade or sell them. It's that simple.

You can't know the future and whether they'll keep skyrocketing in price or if it'll sink like a stone (something is only worth as much as what another person or persons is willing to shell out for it) so err on the side of caution.

It's like trying to time the housing market: are you selling your house at the top of the bubble before it all implodes, maximizing your profit?  Or do you keep living there until it all deflates and you feel stupid for not having gotten out near the top and made a big score?  You still have the home, regardless, it's yours and presumably no matter what else the marketplace values it at, you still treasure it as your home. 

The same kind of feeling should apply to your EU collection, unless you've solely gotten to the point where you see these figures as investments rather than pieces of SW lore that you have an emotional attachment to.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170184
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 23
Total: 24

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 38 queries.